Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
If I am the seller and the buyer is out of state. He sends me a check from his company. Not in his name. But his companies name. Is this a straw purchase? the gun is going from FFL to FFL. He has provided a photo ID. Address. Number.
FFL
To
FFL...

Just wondering about the definition of a straw purchase and if this is one.

Last edited by DrDeath; 01/05/13.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DrDeath
If I am the seller and the buyer is out if state. He sends me a check from his company. Not in his name. But his companies name. Is this a straw purchase?
Depends. If the company is engaged in the buying and selling of guns and the purchaser hold the FFL, then no. In any other case, a company can't purchase a gun, only an individual can and the individual can only legally purchase it for him/herself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who signed the check?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by eh76
Who signed the check?

Not the buyer!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The authorities probably do not see such a purchase as deFine straw purchase but rather as deIllegal straw purchase.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I am the seller and the buyer is out if state. He sends me a check from his company. Not in his name. But his companies name. Is this a straw purchase?
No, that's not anywhere close to being a "straw purchase." A "straw purchase" is the actual retail purchase of a firearm, either from an individual or federal firearms licensee, by someone who knows they cannot legally possess a firearm via an intermediary who can legally possess firearms.

CLICK D LINK

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bricktop
No, that's not anywhere close to being a "straw purchase." A "straw purchase" is the actual retail purchase of a firearm, either from an individual or federal firearms licensee, by someone who knows they cannot legally possess a firearm via an intermediary who can legally possess firearms.

CLICK D LINK

good post

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I too read that definition.

I'm just suspicious because the check did not name him has the remitter-

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chitbird

CLICK D LINK
So you're saying that if you're legally eligible to purchase a gun and your wife is as well, she can go in and purchase one expressly for you and that's not a straw purchase?

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 01/05/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'd tell him it has to be a check signed by him.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AssLicker

CLICK D LINK
So you're saying that if you're legally eligible to purchase a gun and your wife is as well, she can go in and purchase one expressly for you and that's not a straw purchase?
Nope, that's not what was stated. Get someone to read it to you, [bleep].

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dude,you're going to sell a firearm to somebody you don't know,nor could identify by name?
This is how the Mafia buys their stuff...
When the cops find it left spinning in the street and they come to your door,what will you say....?

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
16-18 pages here & I'm slam-damn out of popcorn....

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I'm not going to sell the firearm.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by [bleep]
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by [bleep]

CLICK D LINK
It's what you implied, otherwise there was no need for you to chime in with your half-correct horseshixt, cokklicker. I had already answered the question correctly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rifle
When the cops find it left spinning in the street and they come to your door,what will you say....?

I sold it to a guy at the gun show.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You're thinking about this too hard. And going somewhere you don't need to be going. You stated the buyer is out-of-state, did you not? Therefore the firearm is being received by a valid federal firearms licensee, is it not? You received a valid and acceptable form of payment, did you not? Ship the firearm and let the FFL holder run the NICS and handle identifying and validating the purchaser.

Buying guns doesn't need any additional hassles because you want to play Mannix and police parts of the transaction that were never your responsibility in the first place.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not going to sell the firearm.
Great idea.

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I believe it is Up To us the sellers to "Police" our sales. ...

You're thinking about this too hard. And going somewhere you don't need to be going. You stated the buyer is out-of-state, did you not? Therefore the firearm is being received by a valid federal firearms licensee, is it not? You received a valid and acceptable form of payment, did you not? Ship the firearm and let the FFL holder run the NICS and handle identifying and validating the purchaser.

Buying guns doesn't need any additional hassles because you want to play Mannix and police parts of the transaction that were never your responsibility in the first place.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

CLICK D LINK
It's what you implied, otherwise there was no need for you to chime in with your half-correct horseshixt, cokklicker. I had already answered the question correctly.
Nope, you're trying to connect dots out of thin air and you -- as is your style -- took a swing at the question and MISSED.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.