-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I traded my Taurus PT1911 with 2 mags for a brand spankin' new Smith & Wesson M&P VTAC edition in 9mm

This gun has roughly 50 round through it and is in perfect shape, was purchased new less than one month ago. The sights are simply outstanding. I feel like I am cheating here, but I think I really like the feel better than my Glock. I will have to take it to the range and see how she shoots.

I think I did well! grin

[Linked Image]

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I think you did very well. I love the M&P 9mm that I have.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[bleep] yeah you made a good trade.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you did well, that's a nice pistol. I think the ergonomics on the M&P are just outstanding. In fact, there's really very little I don't like about the M&P.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Were you wearing a mask when you made that trade?

'Cause that was a lot like stealing!

You did real well,

RS

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Very good trade for sure. I agree sounds more like you robbed the other guy!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your WAY ahead on that deal! Spend your $80 for an Apex trigger kit and get to making empties with a huge smile on your face

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Your WAY ahead on that deal! Spend your $80 for an Apex trigger kit and get to making empties with a huge smile on your face

Is that a true gunsmith only install or can a somewhat knowledgeable shadetree gunsmith install it???

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Boococky
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

Is that a true gunsmith only install or can a somewhat knowledgeable shadetree gunsmith install it???

You shouldn't have any problems installing the parts. I was done with mine in under 30 minutes. Apex also has a great video on their website showing what to do.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any Taurus for any S&W is a good trade I believe......

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boococky,

All a guy needs for the Apex install is a vice, brass or HARD plastic punch, small hammer a pencil and a set of tweezers. 30-45 minutes on the first time, 15 or so for every other one after the first.

The pencil is only to mark the middle of the slide and sight so that you get the sight centered. Also color the living dog chit out of the sides of the sight and the sight cut in the slide with the pencil. The graphite will fill the pores of the metal and allow any brass transfer to wipe right off.

The worst part is drifting out the rear sight to install the new striker block and spring, care must be taken not to loose the small disc that holds the parts under the rear sight. The sight comes off left to right (towards the ejection port) when the slide is ass end to you.

Search YouTube for Apex DCAEK install. It's a 2 part video and not the most informative but it's so simple to do that it more then suffices. If your the least mechanically inclined you'll be fine.

Also ignore where the guy in the video talks about cutting down an Allen wrench to make a slave pin for the trigger return spring as the kits now come with them.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Fantastic trade. Taurus is jank, M&Ps are high tier.

Pretty jealous.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks yall...I love this gun, and I will have to shoot it some to get a feel for the trigger, but from everything I have heard, its going to need the upgrade

-Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any time you can get rid of a Taurus,you are ahead of the game...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by k20350
Any Taurus for any S&W is a good trade I believe......

That pretty much sums it up. Nice looking VTAC Boo.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, AdventureBound, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,456
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.