Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I disagree with the statement that boycotting will hurt the little guy etc. There are no little guys anymore. CO is not the wild west anymore. There is a walmart on every corner. Every hotel in my town is a national chain. The grocery store is a national chain. Mom and pop are long gone from most places. In my town alone they just approved a massive strip mall, and people welcomed it with open arms.

Boycotting hunting will hurt the state's budget though...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There ain't a wally-world in Walden, Grand Lake, Granby, Hot Sulphur Springs, Kremmlin, yadda yadda, or much of any chain stores for that matter in these small town. These small towns are full of "the little guys" just like you and I who are trying to make a restaurant go or a gas station or any number of small business. These people depend on hunting and fishing dollars and they send representatives who think like we do to the state legislature to speak on our behalf. If they go under then our way of life goes under and we will not be represented at all. We need to come together as the hunting/fishing/gun owning communities and fight back now. Maybe you should get out of town a little more. And make sure that you're the first resident who doesn't buy a CO hunting or fishing license this year too.....

Last edited by CreekWarrior; 03/13/13. Reason: grammar
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Relax, ten people from 24hr that are boycotting CO won't put anyone out of business.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I was talking about this the other day when I guy I work with (non-hunter but gun owner) made a good point. For decades the citizens/government of Colorado begged for people with money to come there to ski, buy houses, buy ranches, etc. For decades the citizens of colorado benefitted from this and let it go on by voting for people that would continue to bring money/liberals into the state. Now they are getting what they deserve for catering to those kind of people.

I think he made a good point.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think he's a dumbschit.....

Last edited by huntsman22; 03/13/13.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Colorado did not become California East without the general public wanting it and it did not happen over night.

It could be as simple as a couple larger cities trying to run the state like St. Louis and Kansas city try to do here. We are just lucky the rest of the state is not afraid to tell those two cities to [bleep] off.

But anyway you look at the majority of people voted for the dems and handouts they provide. Kinda like the majority of USA.

Dink

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The only citizens/governments that begged people with money to come here and ski, buy houses, buy ranches, etc., were people who moved here from places like CA, IL, NY, etc. that wanted to make a buck off all the "poor, dumb hicks" who lived and worked in CO and "didn't know what a good thing they have." The original CO natives that have been here for 60 years or more weren't the ones doing this. Try finding a CO native in the Denver Metro area older than 30 years old. Damn near impossible. There's a reason for that.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by test1328
The only citizens/governments that begged people with money to come here and ski, buy houses, buy ranches, etc., were people who moved here from places like CA, IL, NY, etc. that wanted to make a buck off all the "poor, dumb hicks" who lived and worked in CO and "didn't know what a good thing they have." The original CO natives that have been here for 60 years or more weren't the ones doing this. Try finding a CO native in the Denver Metro area older than 30 years old. Damn near impossible. There's a reason for that.

Boy, you really nailed it test! That's exactally how I see it too!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am a 40yr old native and live next to Denver. I hate it here. I work for the State too, and I hate that too. but with 14yrs in I can't just leave yet. Looks like my hunting and vehicle tags are going to be free again this year. heheheh!

Clos

NRA Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My grandfather left Cripple Creek Colorado during the Great Depression for greener pastures.
I've been trying to steer my family back to the Rocky Mountains ever since.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Nothin in life is free.
Originally Posted by clos
I am a 40yr old native and live next to Denver. I hate it here. I work for the State too, and I hate that too. but with 14yrs in I can't just leave yet. Looks like my hunting and vehicle tags are going to be free again this year. heheheh!

Last edited by Farming; 03/13/13.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Salmonella
My grandfather left Cripple Creek Colorado during the Great Depression for greener pastures.

That's pretty cool, what did they do for a living at that time up there?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I fill out the email, to the governor, it wont send. Says, "Topic: Validation Error: Value is not Valid".

Anyone else having this problem?

Idea for getting around it?

I really want to tell the azzhole what I think of him and his laws!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
A friend of mine came by last night going to TX, I live in WY. He said he will drive around co although it takes an hour and a half to go around. He won't even drive through co. I agree with him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wouldnt hurt to drive thru... all traffic damages the surface of the road

Dont stop and buy anything!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Instead of contacting the governor contact fish and game and let them know your intentions. they are really not happy with the situation and said so in their response to my email.

It is their program that will be losing money and resources. Let the pressure from within work its way up.

Bury them in emails and phone calls.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by big drift
Instead of contacting the governor contact fish and game and let them know your intentions. they are really not happy with the situation and said so in their response to my email.

It is their program that will be losing money and resources. Let the pressure from within work its way up.

Bury them in emails and phone calls.

CO DOW will not take an official position on these laws. Although individuals might.I contacted one memmber of the CWP and they said they could not. The Comissioners are all appointed by the governor.
I was at a CWP hunters meeting about a week ago and was told the same thing.

Contacting the CWP will not help.

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/14/13.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Oldman2003
When I fill out the email, to the governor, it wont send. Says, "Topic: Validation Error: Value is not Valid".

Anyone else having this problem?

Idea for getting around it?

Yup ,I had the same issue. I went to the top of the page and re-clicked which piece of legislation I am refering to and click send and it went.
Hope it will work for you too.

Last edited by campcreek66; 03/14/13.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Farming
Nothin in life is free.
Originally Posted by clos

true that. will have to take a longer lunch break then, to even it out. LOL

Clos

NRA Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.