-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
just a heads up as of 5 min ago cabelas has cci ar packs online and in stock for shipping.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yeah... but what's the price?

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gone.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Originally Posted by high_country_
Gone.

What Brent D and High Country sez is true, not only with primers, but with the cost of percussion caps, smokeless powder, black powder and bullets as well.

If this current "situation" continues, I plan to take down the sweet flintlock "Shenandoah" Pennsylvania Long Rifle (a reproduction) hanging in a shadow box over the big stone fireplace in my living room and loadin'-her-up with some FFFg Goex or Swiss black powder and a patched round rifle ball... and having a "go" at some target shooting this summer.

The Shenandoah makes "good smoke" and puts her rifle balls one-on-top-of-the-other at 50 yards in the bullseye if I do my part.

Ya see, we CAN "vote"... with our dollars, and sooner or later, the manufacturers and retailers have to "listen" to us (or go outta business)... not only in product production, but it the price of the products themselves. That's how a "free market" works.

I never "hoard" or "load up" on any specific products or pay a high price for anything in shooting, I merely "opt out" and put my dollars into a rival product. Then, I enjoy my shooting hobby until the market becomes sensible again.

Of course, if the above doesn't have the desired effect, then simply "vote" by keeping your dollars in the bank and finding something else to do with your spare time for several months... and watch the price fall and the availability increase dramatically.

Ultimately, the consumer holds ALL the "aces"... we just have to learn that "lesson"... and be patient. And things will change! smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I refuse to pay these upped prices too, I now bring one or more of my pellet or BB guns to the range to supplement things. My black powder muzzle loader was there last time. I have also cut down on the trips to my range by 50%.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I walked into our local Cabelas yesterday due to their big spring sale.

After shopping around I meandered over to the gun counter and asked if they had seen any .22lr ammo lately. The counter lad said that they had received some in last nite and put it out this morning but now it was all gone.

They limited the purchases to TWO boxes of FIFTY rounds per person. Are things really getting this bad????

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have been doing the same over the years. In 2009 I could only get shotgun primers. They were all over the place so I got to know my muzzleloader ver well that summer. Last spring I bought a bow so This time around I am getting very good with my bow. Just step outside and have at it. I won't be paying these high prices. I doo shoot about 10 rounds once in a while with my 22 pistol though. There are people on this sight that shoot 10k rounds a year. This may be where the problem is. Can't ya just shoot 2k a year and be happy?? And yes, things seem to be getting worse on rifle bullets and reloading supplies.

Last edited by ihookem; 03/17/13.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (14idaho, 2500HD, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 42 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,115
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.