Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
I dunno, seems to me when he goes to the gunshop to pick it up, the gunshop people ought to tell him his purchase has been canceled and give him a full refund. That in fact he appears to be an unstable individual and they reserve the right not to sell firearms to anyone who appears to have been "subjected to severe mental stresses." Damnit seems only right but plain commonsense or some horseshit like that as they are fond of saying. Magnum Man

I'd rather they sell him the gun and then when he turns it over to the police, accuse him of making a straw purchase and turn him in.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Straw purchase only applies when the person actually receiving is prohibited.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I suppose this just proves that 'Gabby' is/ was just another politician. Sad that she got shot. Even sadder that she has used that incident to damage American Citizens across the Country. For financial gain, I might add...........

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC

From the innerweb

Firearms

Straw purchases can be illegal in the United States when made at a federally licensed firearm dealership. If the straw purchaser of the firearm lies about the identity of the ultimate possessor of the gun, he can be charged with making false statements on a federal Firearms Transaction Record. If a firearm is purchased as a gift, the purchaser must indicate the intended recipient on the transaction record.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Scott F
He did the paperwork but cannot pick it up yet.

Never thought about that as when the dealer here calls it in you walk out with your gun. Unless you are denied or put on hold, that is.

unless you have a CCW permit then you just walk right out the door with it after you give minimal information and your permit.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Talf
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Never thought about that as when the dealer here calls it in you walk out with your gun. Unless you are denied or put on hold, that is.

unless you have a CCW permit then you just walk right out the door with it after you give minimal information and your permit.

That's right last time I bought a rifle it was quicker than the Taco Bell drive through, of course they gun shop knew I was coming and had it in the box for me.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Yes, I think this would qualify as a straw purchase.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Found this on Breitbart...

Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

"I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do."

It is currently TPD's policy to auction off recovered firearms.

Must be good money selling common sense. I'm sure he needed it AR's are pretty scarce around here and priced for the mullet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not in Oklahoma.......a CCW does not allow the bypass of NICS check.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On her last campaign (prior to getting plugged) Gabby stopped at Trailboss Guns and Gear in Sierra Vista,......looked at a variety of holsters for her Glock, and was VERY candid and open about a STRONG pro-2A and self defense position,.......

Guess things changed.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by BarryC

From the innerweb

Firearms

Straw purchases can be illegal in the United States when made at a federally licensed firearm dealership. If the straw purchaser of the firearm lies about the identity of the ultimate possessor of the gun, he can be charged with making false statements on a federal Firearms Transaction Record. If a firearm is purchased as a gift, the purchaser must indicate the intended recipient on the transaction record.

Neither one of these statements is true.

First, you can be guilty of a straw purchase even if the person you buy for is legally allowed to own the firearm........

For instance, let's say there is a gun show this weekend and I have to work.......if I give you the money and you buy a firearm for me, you are guilty of a straw purchase, even though I can legally own the firearm.

Second, there is no requirement to indicate the name of a gift recipient on a 4473........

From the 4473 "Notices, Instructions and Definitions" section:

Question 11.a. Actual Transferee/Buyer: For purposes of this form, you are the actual transferee/buyer if you are purchasing the firearm for yourself or otherwise acquiring the firearm for yourself (e.g., redeeming the firearm from pawn/retrieving it from consignment, firearm raffle winner). You are also the actual transferee/buyer if you are legitimately purchasing the firearm as a gift for a third party. ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER EXAMPLES: Mr. Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith gives Mr. Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT THE ACTUAL TRANS- FEREE/BUYER of the firearm and must answer �NO� to question 11.a. The licensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Brown goes to buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a present, Mr. Brown is the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm and should answer �YES� to question 11.a. However, you may not transfer a firearm to any person you know or have reasonable cause to believe is prohibited under 18 U.S.C. � 922(g), (n), or (x). Please note: EXCEPTION: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oklahoma
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Because it is so easy to buy one, right? laugh

He should have went to a gun show! laugh

Read he said that is next, or will be done in the near future.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
getting shot in the head, the pain they've gone thru, the permanent damage she'll have to deal with in the future, you can't blame her for changing her stance - and honestly I don't have a problem with it. I would think that people who are honest about the gun debate would understand her motivations and take that into consideration when looking at the bigger picture

however, her husband trying to buy an AR-15 before they become illegal on or around the day he testifies in front of congress to ban guns - that is some severe [bleep] territory there.

He should be ridiculed at each and every opportunity for his hypocrisy and lying to cover it up.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you purchase a firearm with the intent to transfer it to another person or entity that is a straw purchase. Therefore, if he purchased it with the intent to transfer it to the police that is a straw purchase.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its all fun and games till somebody gets shot in the head

snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It looks to me that they wanted to move right in where the Bradys left off, we have to remember that the Bradys made a good living for a lot of years.

I suppose now he cant drag her around the circuit for a cash flow.

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
He should not even be allowed to have guns in his home. Afterall, he now lives with someone with mental problems. Isn't that what the liberals are scared of?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
He should not even be allowed to have guns in his home. Afterall, he now lives with someone with mental problems. Isn't that what the liberals are scared of?

Interesting point! We have the recent incident in California to use as an example.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
While I understand his heartbreak over the shooting of his wife I believe his anger is placed in the wrong direction and I cannot excuse his hypocritical actions.

Understandable, Yes.

Politically expedient, maybe.

Principled and moral, No.

I have no use for those who attempt to assuage their personal grief and understandable anger by going on a crusade to limit the rights of others.

The Bradys, Carolyn McCarthy, and now the Giffords. It is an abuse of their status and political influence.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

Not in Oklahoma.......a CCW does not allow the bypass of NICS check.

Same here in Oregon no pass for a CCW. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,771
Posts18,515,571
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.