Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Don't know if you guys have seen this one from a few days ago. But when I saw it on national news I thought.....bet money its a Pit before I even could verify it, based on behavior alone. Defend them [bleep] all u want but IMO theres no turning back for the breed.

http://gothamist.com/2013/03/13/video_pit_bull_comes_out_of_nowhere.php
And yet, amazingly, the overwhelmingly vast majority of Pitbulls have never harmed a single human being. Must be magic involved in it somehow.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People with inconsistent views on freedom and gov't regulation, depending on what they personally like, or don't like, demonstrate precisely why we have the gov't we have.
Principals before personalities, people.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I was being facetious. Sorry for the miscommunication.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
People aren't libs for not liking a dog breed. They have lib tendencies if they feel we should ban or regulate people owning a dog breed, in this case.

And I have no idea how fast you typed. But, I'm guessing you used one finger and it was plenty slow.

With my tongue sticking out of the corner of my mouth and drool pooling on my keyboard.

I never said they should be banned, just shot.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pits make good coyote bait.

I may strap a coyote hide on one and turn him loose in a wheatfield to see how long it takes 3 greyhounds to kill him.

A video would be nice, also.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pit lovers could see news story after news story about pits killing and severely injuring kids and will still ramble on from there worthless mouths about how pits are great dogs. Why?? Because they are Douchebags.... It takes a mentally ill person to stick up for a dog that kills little kids and innocent people.

1 and done
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by highridge1
gun lovers could see news story after news story about guns killing and severely injuring kids and will still ramble on from there worthless mouths about how guns are great weapons. Why?? Because they are Douchebags.... It takes a mentally ill person to stick up for a gun that kills little kids and innocent people.

How's that read to you?

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Idiots...

They come in three's.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And sorry Jeff, quick reply, I wasn't commenting to your post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To set the record straight, I am not a Pitt lover. I am a freedom and personal responsibility lover.
Within the existing legal structure, we can hold dog owners accountable for the actions of their pets, just as we can hold firearms abusers accountable for their actions.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My neighbor has two, while I don't particularly like the breed, I don't care that he has them. The only time I see them around is when I am grilling steak, like most dogs they want a piece of the action! I grill some sausage at the same time, Its cheap and the dogs like it.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sooooooo, how do you guys think a Pit bull would stack up against a hyena??? whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd like to watch it.

And shoot the winner, whichever it is. grin

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Sooooooo, how do you guys think a Pit bull would stack up against a hyena??? whistle

I suspect not well.
Perhaps we should exterminate hyenas, as well?
Seems I read somewhere that german shepherds are responsible for the highest number of bites requiring medical care? Several smaller breeds bit more often, but injuries were of a minor nature.
May have been outdated?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Pit lovers could see news story after news story about pits killing and severely injuring kids and will still ramble on from there worthless mouths about how pits are great dogs. Why?? Because they are Douchebags.... It takes a mentally ill person to stick up for a dog that kills little kids and innocent people.
The kids don't treat pits right, just the other breeds. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can we get the pitbull vs wolf debate going again?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by eyeball
Most pit dog owners know nothing about that and therefore have a dangerous animal they can't control unless the dog agrees with them. Therefore most pit owners have a dangerous dog and shouldn't be allowed to have them.
And yet, amazingly, the overwhelming majority of Pitbulls live out their entire lives never having harmed a human being. Must be magic involved in that somehow. smirk
So do most rattlers, crocs and grizzlies. I'm sure there are those who have the, as pets, too.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yeh and pits have provided a horrific death to alot of kids......
So have people, and likely in much higher percentages in relation to their numbers on the planet. Lets exterminate people.
so we should put up with a breed of dog unless it kills as many people as Pol Pot, or Stalin or hitler, right hawk.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Don't know if you guys have seen this one from a few days ago. But when I saw it on national news I thought.....bet money its a Pit before I even could verify it, based on behavior alone. Defend them [bleep] all u want but IMO theres no turning back for the breed.

http://gothamist.com/2013/03/13/video_pit_bull_comes_out_of_nowhere.php
And yet, amazingly, the overwhelmingly vast majority of Pitbulls have never harmed a single human being. Must be magic involved in it somehow.
most drunk drivers have never harmed anyone. Fact.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk

Seems I read somewhere that german shepherds are responsible for the highest number of bites requiring medical care?
May have been outdated?

Might have been, but it depends on the year. As of now German Shepherds have climbed in popularity back to the #2 spot behind Labs. That kind of news NEVER bodes well for the breed, OR their reputation.More popluar= more backyard bad breeders=more dysfunctional dogs and more owners inexperienced with the breed.

Its part of the problem with Pitts quite frankly. Very popular with ignorant, inexperienced owners.....

60 years ago Pitts were bought and used to watch over the children of privelege,and of course to treat them gently, so much so that they were reffered to as "Nanny Dogs".

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, Akhutr, anothergun, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 777 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,642
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.