Print Thread
Hop To
#7559036 03/18/13
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Finding lefty holsters can be as frustrating as everything else, but I have found a few that I like. I carry my S&W 442 in an OWB pancake style leather holster. Not sure of the brand, I think it's from an independent guy with a small holster business. Anyway, it's comfortable. Took a while, but I finally found a Blackhawk Serpa for my Glock 20SF and 21SF. I know those are somewhat disputed, but for what I use it for, is perfect. Then the oddball...cross draw Uncle Mike's for my Ruger SBH. Great for hunting.

Y'all have any in particular that you like?

...on earth as it is in Texas.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm very much sold on El Paso Saddlery. In spite of the exaggerated nonsense about their turnaround times posted on the internet, I've always been able to get things in 8 weeks or less.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just got my first EPS, really nice holster and came in about 6 weeks.

I also have an ancient Bianchi Lawman that has served me well.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've carried all my handguns in Wilderness Safepackers. IMHO, they are simply the most versatile holster/case out there, and they all come left-handed! They are not a true concealed holster, but whether attached to my belt, on one of their brief cases or in my hand, no one has ever even questioned what I had with me. They just seem to ignore it. They even have an option to clip in a shoulder strap for ladies to carry kind of like a purse if they want too.

I used to use a high belt leather holster from Bianchi and I thought that was the way to go for my GP100, but I really had to practice lifting my shirt or outer layer to get to the piece. I still don't have that down perfectly, and especially when I have 116 lbs of dog at the end of a leash in my other hand. And, the ole muffin top doesn't make that high belt all that comfortable anymore. With the Safepacker, I just click and lift, and the flap takes care of getting my outer layer out of the way. I move my hand down to break the velcro and the Ruger is in-hand ready to go. Plus, when I'm busting brush, the Safepacker takes all the punishment and my firearm is protected, but just a second or two away if I need to call it into action. At the end of the day, no switching from holster to case. That whole package just goes back where it belongs.

Forgive me if I'm sounding like a salesman, but these things are awesome, and made in the USA!! About 80% of the handguns I have moved here lately end up being teamed up with one of these, and no one has ever brought one back to me complaining. All have been happy. Here's a link if you want to check them out. My Ruger Vaquero still cries for a lefty leather rig one day, but the Safepacker will do for 99% of everything else.

http://www.thewilderness.com/

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Simply Rugged will make left handed holsters for you.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used a holster by Sidearmor for my Glock. High quality and affordable.

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 219 Wasp, 117LBS, 21, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,386
Posts18,527,635
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.