Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
recently purchased a 2011 bowtech assassin from a friend...was wondering what are some good modifications i can do to it such as what brand of rest and sight are the best?...ive looked at the spot hogg and am considering that..and the QAD rest..would like to change out the stock stabilizer as well

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Spot Hogg and QAD are good choices. If you have money to burn go ahead and buy all the stuff you want. Most likely not needed. So a target, range time, and arrows would be money better spent. Like most anything else what I like may not be what you like. So instead of asking, go to a archery shop and ask to try before you buy. That way you can figure out what is right for you.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MCH gave sound advice. There really isn't a "best" brand of rest, sight, etc. Instead, there are a lot of quality brands that may serve your needs well. Spend some time at local archery shops looking at gear and talking with other archers. Most are friendly and willing to let you try out their stuff to see what you like and what you don't.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Today is my birthday. Had saved up for the Insanity, but decided on the Assassin. Leftover money is for buying a newer/better bowcase, target block, and a 22 rifle.
I think its a wise choice. Shoots very quiet and fast. and less money than the Insanity.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Assassin is (should be) a kit bow. The sight isn't bad. The rest is Bowtech's version of a Whisker Biscuit, and so on. The stabilizer is kind of poopey but your bow doesn't really need one. I have the Insanity XL and have a QAD on it. I used limb driver rests for a few years and I like the QAD better. I use the Spot Hogg Hogg It sight. It's $200 but I like to run it all the way out and get a nice long sight plane. I have bought a few of the short ones for friends and they like them fine. I like their sights. I buy them all with Hogg Wraps (Why the $200). You will definitely notice they are brighter. I like sights with round pin guards also. I like the big one because I can center it in my peep. That's quite a thing after growing up shooting rectangle shaped Hoyt sights.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good choice on QAD rest. Sight wise I like Trophy Ridge. Bright pins. Light weight. Reasonable price. As for a stab, id give NAP Apache a hard look. Reasonable price. Works well. But as stated go somewhere you can try different stuff. Just remember it doesnt have to be the most expensive thing there to work

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
N
N
sight: spot hogg, HHA are both good slider type sights.

for the rest. QUD's are really good I also like the Rip cord and NAP carbon apache.

I like my BeeStinger Stab because you can buy weights fron 2oz all the way up to 14oz. these isnt really a one size fits all Stab. Dont waste your money on a short stubby Stab.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stabilizers is subjective. What you need is all according to how well bow balances in your hand, and how it acts after the shot. Short stubby stabs have their applications. You dont need a lightpole with a tractor weight hanging off the end to have an effective stab. Lots of them on the market. Several work well. And are very reasonably priced

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
N
N
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Stabilizers is subjective. What you need is all according to how well bow balances in your hand, and how it acts after the shot. Short stubby stabs have their applications. You dont need a lightpole with a tractor weight hanging off the end to have an effective stab. Lots of them on the market. Several work well. And are very reasonably priced

If all you are looking for is some extra reduction in vibration. a stubby stab is fine.

The longer stab the less weight you need to feel a noticeable difference. I am not saying walk around with a 2' stab but 8"-10" with an adjustable weight system is what I would suggest. I used the stubby stabs and all I noticed was a lighter wallet. Then again I have friends who do not use a stab at all and kill deer just fine.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just what i said. All depends on how bow balances in the hand and how it reacts at shot. My Monster didnt need any weight. Just a little extra vibration dampening. Thats why i went with 5" NAP apache. My point is if theres no need for the adj weights, etc dont feel like you have to buy it because your bow wont shoot well without it. Thats why i suggested OP go try as much stuff as he can and buy what fits his needs

Custom Strings/Tuning
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 21, 1234, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,399
Posts18,527,916
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.