Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry smoke, that question was for 4100

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
OK.......................I like wolves. There I said it. But I've killed far more than any wolf hater i ever met and will continue to enjoy their company on my next hunt. Now that they are delisted more haters may come to enjoy hunting the hunters themselves.

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
It's been said that there are more extinct species in the fossil record than are alive on earth today, so extinction is fairly common in nature over the long haul.

To my point!

I agree with your assessment concerning human beings and common sense with regard to specie extinction without question, but the fact remains that humans don't exist "outside" of nature. In our natural development and population growth comes conflict with other parts of nature. Wolves are a prime example.

They were handled the way they were by our predecessors for a reason

The Lefty's successful push for repopulation has reincarnated the problem our predecessors solved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many have you killed and how do you do it legally?

Here they are protected and I would think drawing a tag for one anywhere else in the country would be a feat.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ive killed wolves in BC and Yukon.
Some of my most cherished hunts. Ive also let them walk away plenty of times.

Last edited by tangozulu; 03/20/13.
4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Here they are protected and I would think drawing a tag for one anywhere else in the country would be a feat.

In Montana, and Idaho you can kill up to 5. The season runs from Sept. to Oct 25th for archery and gun. Then from that point through the end of February. There is also a trapping season in both states that runs from around Dec. 15th Montana (earlier in Idaho) Cost for a None res tag around $50 and $31 respectively.

Not very strict on regulations if you ask me.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amazing that you are allowed that many and elk, moose and deer herds are still depressed.

Ya'll must not be doing your jobs!

Even more reason to completely remove Federal protection.

4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Amazing that you are allowed that many and elk, moose and deer herds are still depressed.

Ya'll must not be doing your jobs!

Even more reason to completely remove Federal protection.

Ya'll are an idiot. I'm sorry but it's true for you dude.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...78d3a6b-da74-576b-9a6d-2de47c472e42.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok Dikkhead...

Biologists say they're seeing all the indications of a coming "crash" in deer and elk populations, especially in Western Montana, brought on by a rebound in predators. And they believe the re-introduction of wolves has pushed that balance past the "tipping point."

http://www.ktvq.com/news/biologists...elk-population-with-wolf-hunt-changes/#_

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's some interesting quotes from readers of the site responding to the report:

Hunt wolves

Isn't that just like a reporter to use bias to cover up the destruction of the elk herd. Chad is correct 17% more elk slaughtered off by the worthless vermin wolves. But here is the key to this lie 3,000 elk (77%) elsewhere north of the park. I bet of those 3000 elk only about 1000 have ever step foot in YNP. This is proof of the big lie wolves balance nature is a complete scientific fraud and those crooks the anti hunting anti wildlife anti ranchers scum of the earth wolf experts should be in prison for what they have done to our way of life.

Julie Schram � Top Commenter � Hamilton, Montana

what changed, what was added??? they ONLY THING THAT CHANGED, AND ADDED WAS THE ILLEGAL CANADIAN WOLVES!!!! NOT EVEN THE RIGHT WOLF, THE TIMBER WOLF! THAT HAS BEEN THE ONLY ADD CHANGE! wake up and see what is happening! the illegal Canadian Wolves will continue to take down that number til there is nothing left!

Tim Higgins � Top Commenter � Pasco, Washington

So... Tell us the total decline since the wolves were introduced?? Isn't it real close to 75%?? When do you think the predation from wolves will be an issue?? When it hits 90%?? 95%?? Whats the drop in the moose population?? If I'm correct the moose population has been hit harder than the elk population?? How long do we sit here and watch?? When do we just do something about it?? To hell with the managers!!

Carla McDonald � Top Commenter

To quote a Montana bumper sticker: "IT'S THE WOLVES, STUPID!"

Ken Parker � Works at Northwest Children's Home

When will these so called managers figure out why we got rid of these dogs in the first place.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Qualifications - "Top Commenter" and "Works at Northwest Children's Home"

That $hit's is Gospel right there.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
100 years ago Alberta and Montana had the same moose, elk, mule deer, bighorn sheep, grizzly bears, antelope, mountain goats but apparently the wolves were a different species eh?

4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ok Dikkhead...

Biologists say they're seeing all the indications of a coming "crash" in deer and elk populations, especially in Western Montana, brought on by a rebound in predators. And they believe the re-introduction of wolves has pushed that balance past the "tipping point."

http://www.ktvq.com/news/biologists...elk-population-with-wolf-hunt-changes/#_

Old news douche bag. Look at the date. We didn't even have trapping then. What a tool!

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by tangozulu
100 years ago Alberta and Montana had the same moose, elk, mule deer, bighorn sheep, grizzly bears, antelope, mountain goats but apparently the wolves were a different species eh?

Are you saying you can compare the predator/prey issues of 100 years ago to today?

Last edited by SLM; 03/20/13.
4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

You do know that hunting and trapping aren't allowed in Yellowstone National park, right?

Also over in the Yellowstone ecosystem there's a big meat eating mammal called a Grizzly bear. You know that we aren't allowed to kill them either.

Hey, maybe Don can start fighting the Grizzly bear de listing. He's done so much for us on the wolf issue, I'm sure he has the political clout. Next time your doing your business with Don, blush let him know the good news.

4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey, rc, couldn't you find anything about the diseases these non native huge Canadian wolves are carrying?

You deserve a cookie for the great job of copy, and pasting you've been able to achieve.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No just tired of "the illegal Canadian wolf" reference as if they are some kind of exotic species introduction. There was no fence 100 years ago and no fence today.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will name my next dog bob ferris.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4100fps
Hey, rc, couldn't you find anything about the diseases these non native huge Canadian wolves are carrying?

You deserve a cookie for the great job of copy, and pasting you've been able to achieve.

Actually I did.

Most of the disease is shot out of wolve's azzes at 4100fps

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Are you really this ignorant on the subject? First you try to pass off cat tracks as wolf, now this..No wonder SFW has you drinking at the trough.Come on man

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 1,863 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,058
Posts18,521,375
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.