Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Pretty sure I've managed to blank out the best of them, but Place de Pigalle was interesting.

Sundown at the Little Big Horn with the only other people there being a bunch of Indians looking at me like I was a roasted dog also comes to mind.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A room on the 30th floor of a hotel in down town San Francisco during the 1989 earthquake seemed like a pretty weird place to be at the time. The first thought that flashed through my mind after I figured out what was going on was that at least I will be near the top of the pile of rubble if this hotel collapses.

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Downtown Asheville NC , bunch of weirdos there

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Pretty much the west coast. California/Oregon/Washington. The most phoney [bleep] I've ever been around.

You forgot Alaska...
'

Nope

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm fairly certain 80% of everyone I met in CA/OR/WA is either a Grand Marnier away from raping a 7 year old or killing a hooker.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for work and the Thaipusam festival at Batu Caves was going on. My coworkers convinced me that I needed to go visit. It's a Hindu festival where hundreds of thousands of people climb up these steep stairs, many of them have limes attached to their bodies with fish hooks and piercing through their cheeks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Quando omni flunkus moritati
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
San Francisco. I took my board exams there about 25 years ago. After the all day exam a few of us went out on the town to have a little celebration. There was some sort of parade going on that was nothing but weird SOB's everywhere. Being a born and bred midwestern boy I couldn't quite figure out what the hello was up with all the "unusual" folks. My wife, who was raised in Mountain View Ca. informed me that what I was seeing was a GAY PARADE. Needless to say that was enough of that chit right then and there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm fairly certain 80% of everyone I met in CA/OR/WA is either a Grand Marnier away from raping a 7 year old or killing a hooker.

Maybe you should have stayed out of the gay bars...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haight Ashbury Disrict, San Francisco.

If you like people watching, it doesn't get much better.

Last edited by KCBighorn; 03/21/13.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, India anywhere, during a Hindu festival... and I've been in a LOT of weird places.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KCBighorn

Was there in 1969 and later... Provincetown, MA blows it away for real weirdness... hard to believe I know, but true.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I was there back in July,....I saw a black man who obviously had a connection to the last blotter acid in the city,..or he was schizo.

Whatever the case, he was huggin' a trash can and laughin' his ass off.

,..also saw three barefoot midgets sitting on the sidewalk and singin'. "Knock-Knock-Knockin' on Heaven's Door".

They were trying to get some money from passersby, I think.

It might have worked during the summer of love,....but everybody who walked past had a look on their face that said, "Knock harder, short chit!".

,...singin' lil' sumbitches though,...I'll give 'em that.

Midgets can hold some kickazz harmony.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Enbalming room.

When in college one of my buddies worked in a funeral home for room and board doing light maintenance, cleaning, etc. He had a room stuck way in the bowels of the building, and it took a number of turns though various hallways to get to it.

Got into a bottle or two of MD 20/20 and a few joints, then decided it was time to tap a kidney. Took a number of wrong turns and found myself in a dark room. Thinking it was the john I searched for a light switch, finding none I struck my lighter. A few dead folks there in different stages of "preparation" loomed out of the dark in the low light. Forgot about peeing.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Still laughing ... Thank You, aalf, for the laughs grin

Blessings,

Steve

Glad I could help...a little giggle goes a long way...

A side note...every year when a buddy and I are shooting PD's, invariably, almost every dog that's down on all four facing away, either one of us will ask just prior to breaking the shot...."Up the butt Bob?".......

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I was working in a basement in Milwaukee Wiscsonsin on Dec. 10, 1981. Shoes would move areound the basement all by themselves. Doors would open and close by themsleves and the toilet paper would get out of the holder and end up on the vanity. All ya had to do was look at the shoes, look away for a minute and they would be 2 ft away. Wait a few minutes, and they would up the stairs a few steps. I picked them up and threw them in the corner. I walked away for a few minutes to see they had moved. My brother inlaw was with me and we ran out the back door and were darn freaked out. The next day BIL had to work himself in the morning. I came that afternoon. I asked if anything moved, he said no. By afternoon doors started closing by themselves and shoes would move up the steps again. I was so scared I yelled you can't hurt me. I started saying bible verses that I knew. That put a stop to it. I never told the home owners but we finished that rec-room in a hurry. This is the truth. Never experienced it again, don't want to neither. I became a much more aware christian of super natural forces that we don't see.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
GDR speed trap in the Potsdam to Helmstadt corridor August 1987.

When you come over a hill doing 100 klicks in the pitch dark and they suddenly light you up with enough candlewatts to illuminate a football stadium and a T-72 tank is facing you in the middle of the road, you realize you're not in Kansas anymore.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad

Was there in 1969 and later... Provincetown, MA blows it away for real weirdness... hard to believe I know, but true.

Wow... I didn't think it could get any weirder than the Haight.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Any Democrat caucus - sober.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Slabs, outside of Palm Springs.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never been to that old Capuchin convent, which Mark Twain had a few memorable words to say about after his visit there.

But that's just a local site, not a town or city. Weird? Beyond doubt. But just a bump on the butt of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, which probably isn't as weird as Mecca, Medina, or Tehran, which I'm glad that I was never "privileged" to visit.

I fervently hope that I never see any place weirder than Jeddah.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 60 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,943
Posts18,519,124
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.