-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
Port Of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago back in '90 while in the Navy. Sat in a pizza parlor while a hooker outside the barred up window propositioned me for a slice of pepperoni & sausage while an armed guard tried to move her along. Walking around the town, in most neighborhoods each house had 6 to 8 foot fences topped with barb wire and a huge dog patrolling inside. As my buddy and I were going down an isolated street, two men in traditional Muslim dress looked up, spotted us and turned swiftly and walked away. You could sense something just wasn't right and sure enough it wasn't. After arriving back to Norfolk and driving home to southwest VA that same day and coming into my parent's house for supper lo and behold there is Tom Brokaw talking about the place I had just left earlier in the week on the Nightly News, a coup had taken place.

Jamaat al Muslimeen coup attempt

I would have said southern Iraq/Kuwait during Desert Storm but considering the circumstances I thought there wasn't anything weird about it. Being in a location where an unexpected schiattstorm is about to erupt and knowing something just isn't right but not being able to put your finger on it was surreal in a sense.

Last edited by sminton; 03/22/13.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sminton
Port Of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago back in '90 while in the Navy. Sat in a pizza parlor while a hooker outside the barred up window propositioned me for a slice of pepperoni & sausage while an armed guard tried to move her along. Walking around the town, in most neighborhoods each house had 6 to 8 foot fences topped with barb wire and a huge dog patrolling inside. As my buddy and I were going down an isolated street, two men in traditional Muslim dress looked up, spotted us and turned swiftly and walked away. You could sense something just wasn't right and sure enough it wasn't. After arriving back to Norfolk and driving home to southwest VA that same day and coming into my parent's house for supper lo and behold there is Tom Brokaw talking about the place I had just left earlier in the week on the Nightly News, a coup had taken place.

Jamaat al Muslimeen coup attempt

I would have said southern Iraq/Kuwait during Desert Storm but considering the circumstances I thought there wasn't anything weird about it. Being in a location where an unexpected schiattstorm is about to erupt and knowing something just isn't right but not being able to put your finger on it was surreal in a sense.

Welcome to the Fire, Enjoy.

Thank you for your service.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LaMiere Vapiere,

little club downtown Chicago, it got torched, some say the cops did it as it was a giant pain for them.

had never seen anything like it, late 70's and I was a wide eyed farm boy, men with makeup, safety pins through their cheeks and other parts of their faces, wild clothes and hair,

co'ed restrooms, didn't matter which one you went into everyone just used whatever was available, funny to watch a little filly straddle a man's urinal to relieve herself.

and then the alley out back, lots of strange goings on back there, people doing drugs, sex, and some of those disgusting animals were even smoking cigarettes!

I couldn't read sign real well back then, but I was pretty certain I was a fur piece from SW MO.

my mother would have fainted if she'd seen me in that place

she'd have been mad as hell if she knew how many times I went back! lol had to, what a freakshow

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
S

Thank you as well Paul for the welcome and I do appreciate it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Standing in the center of what seemed like a glass lined room which was detonation point of and underground nuclear test, a mile from the tunnel entrance and 2000ft below ground surface, with no supplied air, a miners light, double suited up with anti contamination gear including a full face mask.

I assume that was before the detonation? when you say glass lined room it makes me wonder.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am thinking it was after.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Washington D.C.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

The Tower of London. Riches beyond the realm of the imagination... Mostly ill gotten gains wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
USA since obummer took over...

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went to a wedding back in the mid-80's in NYC.
Couple of well known "families". Straight out of the Godfather sort of wedding.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sierra Leone

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gay pride parade in Sydney Australia.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Capuchini Bone Chapel in Roma
I have been there...
And to The Great Pyramid the Roman Baths in Bath�
Stonehenge, seen crop circles

But

The Weirdest place is / was NYC

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
walmart

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Burning Man Festival, Black Rock, NV
S Dali Museum in Florence, Italy
Market Day at El Alto La Paz, Bolivia
Isla Del Sol, Lake Titticaca, Peru

Those are the weird places. This forum is the source of the weirdest ideas I have ever heard. But that is why I can't stop checking out the hunters fire for the next whacky idea.

Last edited by ppine; 03/23/13.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not as weird as many posted, but the place I recall as the most weird in the visual sense is The Blue Lagoon in Iceland.

It is a geothermal lake, and yes, the water really is that colour.

I was there before the tourist season, and that blue water was filled with absolutely gorgeous Icelandic women (most of whom were topless).

Apparently, after the tourist season starts, it is filled with hairy German women. shocked

[Linked Image]

John

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
Enbalming room.

When in college one of my buddies worked in a funeral home for room and board doing light maintenance, cleaning, etc. He had a room stuck way in the bowels of the building, and it took a number of turns though various hallways to get to it.

Got into a bottle or two of MD 20/20 and a few joints, then decided it was time to tap a kidney. Took a number of wrong turns and found myself in a dark room. Thinking it was the john I searched for a light switch, finding none I struck my lighter. A few dead folks there in different stages of "preparation" loomed out of the dark in the low light. Forgot about peeing.

Good tale. I like. smile

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Gotta be Wall Drug in South Dakota

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wisconsin is pretty strange as far as I'm concerned

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Ekalaka, Mont.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (2500HD, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,942
Posts18,519,095
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.