Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nor is it all that is wrong with the OP who is now on ignore. Is I age I find less desire to deal with idiots.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F
Nor is it all that is wrong with the OP who is now on ignore. Is I age I find less desire to deal with idiots.
understood

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad that I'm available for jury duty, I'd like to think that I might be the one reasonable vote that keeps a man from being jammed-up by an over-zealous county D.A. or federal prosecutor (thank you FIJA).

I served on a jury for a 4-week trial about 13 years ago, it got old after the first week. I got notified for a federal jury about 4 years ago, but I called in via telephone for a week and was never instructed to show up at the federal courthouse.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Swamplord
My problem with this is, I have to be at work,I don't want to lose my job over this bullshirt.... they are telling me I gotta call in every effin day for 30 days to hear some # they will assign me.. and report at the courthouse, If selected I am forced by threats of action by the court to appear against my own will....... WTF... I haven't committed any crimes !!! My job is not gonna sit around and wait for me....

It just does not make any sense !!!

Why don't they tap the people that are sitting on welfare or unemployment to go ??? they are getting paid to sit on their ash anyway, those people have the time and could use the $25 a day, I do not have the time to deal with this crap......

You serious that I can't unregister ? why should it take 6-8 years to quit something you don't want to participate in ?

seriously pissed

You can`t get fired for doing jury duty.You should kiss the ground and thank God you live in a Country that lets people get a jury trial of their peers.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
You should kiss the ground and thank God you live in a Country that lets people get a jury trial of their peers.

Lots of folks are indoctrinated in their compulsory government confinement schooling that jury trials are somehow linked to liberty.

It's about as true as the rest of the stuff those folks tell you about the government.

Centuries ago, a jury may to some degree have served to paper over the biggest, ugliest conflict of interest anybody has ever seen; but these days, juries are almost completely irrelevant.

No time right now to elaborate, but just one example: you can't promote liberty by enforcing slavery, which is the real term for forcing people to sit on juries against their will.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Barak,

Sometimes your slant on things is interesting to think about.

This ain't one of those times.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If one is wondering what's wrong this country, this and other recent selfish crybaby threads are proof positive what's wrong.

The reason this country was great is that people were willing to sacrifice for the good of the country. Now all you hear is beotch, beotch, beotch let somebody else do it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The main problem with the American government "justice" system, juries notwithstanding, is the massive conflict of interest involved in the government accusing a defendant of a crime, and then proceeding to try the defendant for that crime as well.

What--did you think it was the plaintiff who accused the defendant of a crime? Nope--that's civil cases, not criminal cases.

If I steal your stuff in Iowa and get caught, the case is not called Your Name v. Barak O'Reilly, it's called State of Iowa v. Barak O'Reilly. You will have very little control over the case. You decide it's all a misunderstanding and what I did wasn't actually stealing at all? Too bad: the State of Iowa is already prosecuting it. You're intent on seeing it through to the end, but the district attorney has an election coming up and would rather spend his office's time on politically juicier cases? Too bad: the State of Iowa has decided not to prosecute, so you can just go pound sand with their compliments.

So in order to cover up this gaping hole, or at least distract people from it, so that the term "government justice" wouldn't provoke immediate belly laughs from all who heard it, juries were invented.

Not juries of people who know the parties involved and are familiar with the situation and likely to come to a good decision, but juries of people who are deliberately and completely unconnected with anything relating to the case and have no context whatever to work with.

Not juries of people who have strong, independent minds and are accustomed to making important decisions on their own, but juries of people who are deliberately chosen to be of malleable mind and specifically for their existing sympathies and prejudices for the prosecution or the defense.

Not juries of people who are informed of their duty to judge the law as well as the facts, but juries of people who are deliberately misled by the judge and kept in ignorance of any power they might have to do anything but obey the State's directives.

Not juries of people who have an interest in the case and in reaching a workable solution for everyone involved, but juries of people who--in the vast majority--are there because they have been threatened with imprisonment should they be anywhere else.

If it weren't for comprehensive indoctrination in the compulsory government confinement schools, the belly laughs would be back by now. But no, the government takes you away from your parents when you're small and intellectually undeveloped and defenseless and tells you over and over and over again that you have a duty to serve it and to call this state of servitude "liberty" and "freedom" and not to question that on pain of ostracism for unpatriotic thinking (which is declared for unspecified reasons to be bad), if not worse.

So you believe it. How could you do anything else, at that age?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Barak
The main problem with the American government "justice" system, juries notwithstanding, is the massive conflict of interest involved in the government accusing a defendant of a crime, and then proceeding to try the defendant for that crime as well.

What--did you think it was the plaintiff who accused the defendant of a crime? Nope--that's civil cases, not criminal cases.

If I steal your stuff in Iowa and get caught, the case is not called Your Name v. Barak O'Reilly, it's called State of Iowa v. Barak O'Reilly. You will have very little control over the case. You decide it's all a misunderstanding and what I did wasn't actually stealing at all? Too bad: the State of Iowa is already prosecuting it. You're intent on seeing it through to the end, but the district attorney has an election coming up and would rather spend his office's time on politically juicier cases? Too bad: the State of Iowa has decided not to prosecute, so you can just go pound sand with their compliments.

So in order to cover up this gaping hole, or at least distract people from it, so that the term "government justice" wouldn't provoke immediate belly laughs from all who heard it, juries were invented.

Not juries of people who know the parties involved and are familiar with the situation and likely to come to a good decision, but juries of people who are deliberately and completely unconnected with anything relating to the case and have no context whatever to work with.

Not juries of people who have strong, independent minds and are accustomed to making important decisions on their own, but juries of people who are deliberately chosen to be of malleable mind and specifically for their existing sympathies and prejudices for the prosecution or the defense.

Not juries of people who are informed of their duty to judge the law as well as the facts, but juries of people who are deliberately misled by the judge and kept in ignorance of any power they might have to do anything but obey the State's directives.

Not juries of people who have an interest in the case and in reaching a workable solution for everyone involved, but juries of people who--in the vast majority--are there because they have been threatened with imprisonment should they be anywhere else.

If it weren't for comprehensive indoctrination in the compulsory government confinement schools, the belly laughs would be back by now. But no, the government takes you away from your parents when you're small and intellectually undeveloped and defenseless and tells you over and over and over again that you have a duty to serve it and to call this state of servitude "liberty" and "freedom" and not to question that on pain of ostracism for unpatriotic thinking (which is declared for unspecified reasons to be bad), if not worse.

So this is a worse system then standing in front of a Tyrant who by himself with no public input declares you guilty with no opportunity to defend your self????? You talk in circles and say nothing!!! crazy

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Barak, I don't doubt for a minute that our system isn't perfect. What I'd like to see is an offering of a viable alternative instead of simple complaining or refusing to contribute.

To the OP, is there not a way to ask to be excused? I've been called a few times and every time was given a way to ask to be excused for specific reasons. Your reason would probably be accepted.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seems the local court has found out I have no criminal record and is adamant about making me a criminal....

Getting to the point where they have threatened with a bench warrant.... a big WTF ???

I want to unregister to vote so the rooster suckers can get off my back about their effin jury duty, don't want anything to do with it, why don't I have a choice in the matter ??? this is ridiculous, it is forced/coerced with threats, and they tell me it is my "RIGHT" to do jury duty ?

Sick perverts have the right to choose to nail their neighbor in the hindquarters, murderous women have the right to choose to kill their unborn infants, God haters have a right to choose to worship Satan and his minion obuma..... Where is my right to choose ????

Any lawyer types here than can direct me on how to unregister from this BS ?????

better get rid of your drivers license to & sell your home.... better hope the jurors on your trial have a better attitude than you do.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ive got no problem doing jury duty so long as i can go to work on Wednesdays.....took me 2 months to set up missing 2 weeks of work and even that went to chit when a tournament book came in as now my wife knows tere is quite litterally no one else around that can run that press, her dad has had some mini-strokes over the years and he told her he could do it, he came in at 6am yesterday while i was still on the train and was still there when i got off the train at 6 pm and didnt have a single page printed and i went from the train station to work and got it all done by 9:30 last night....

my FIL who used to know more than me now cant do a 3 hour printing job.....unless i can get on someone elses schedule which usually takes a month heads up there is no one else that can print the paper or do the rest of the printing...

ive got zero problem doing jury duty there just is no one else that can do my job, especially on less than a months notice.....though given ive got the newspaper, am on the police commission and am friends with most the cops the chances of me getting pulled are slim to none as i know most all the back story of every case that goes to court....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
is there not a way to ask to be excused?

I near always get nabbed in Sept/Oct which are the two months of the year that I tolerate the other 10 for. I go in, see the clerk, complement her on her blouse or hair, she asks what I really want, and then I ask if I can be shifted to a midwinter block. Works every time.

I've also been excused for a week or 10 days to take Scouts on float trips, and help a friend with a pronghorn hunt. It helps that the clerks are from outdoor oriented families too.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So this is a worse system then standing in front of a Tyrant who by himself with no public input declares you guilty with no opportunity to defend your self????? You talk in circles and say nothing!!! crazy

A worse system? No--it's essentially the same system. The tyranny is distributed among a number of people rather than being concentrated in one, but there's just as much of it there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pira114
Barak, I don't doubt for a minute that our system isn't perfect. What I'd like to see is an offering of a viable alternative instead of simple complaining or refusing to contribute.

I've offered the viable alternative here so many times over the years that I'm sure there are lots of folks who could repeat it verbatim without even looking.

My objective is not to expose the government "justice" system as "imperfect," it's to point out that it's fundamentally unworkable, that no product of it can reasonably be called "justice," and that people who believe they are satisfied with it believe so only because they have been taught to judge it against standards they wouldn't accept in any other context.

Just like so many other excrescences of government.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

A worse system? No--it's essentially the same system. The tyranny is distributed among a number of people rather than being concentrated in one, but there's just as much of it there.

bla.bla,bla,yada,yada,yada what you stated is simply your opinion.If things are so bad here maybe a move is in order to Utopia . tired

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bla.bla,bla,yada,yada,yada what you stated is simply your opinion.If things are so bad here maybe a move is in order to Utopia . tired

You're pretty much exactly what I mean. Thanks for the object lesson.

Betcha think you're an advocate for liberty, too, dontcha?

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow !

No wonder this country is teetering on the brink of full on communism, even those who proclaim to be Constitutionalist Americans have a soviet style of communist behaviour, just need the right situation and the right person to draw out your true RED colors......

So lets see here ! because you wear a Harley Davidson t-shirt with a flag on it and it droops with your massive gut hanging over your belt preventing you from seeing your own shriveled pecker when you pee... for the last decade..... and you cheer for your favorite negro for running an extra 3 feet with a funny shaped ball makes you a real American !!!

All you self-proclaimed "patriots" can go make love to yourselves........

Most of you mendicants in the cities with your pansy ass jobs don't know what a hard days work out here is like.... living in your safe, sheltered areas in t-shirt weather all 4 seasons.....

In order for me too show up for jury duty selection I have to travel by ATV or snowmachine, get on a small airplane fly several hundred miles to a bigger airport, get on a bigger commercial airplane and fly to a bigger town then drive an additional 50 miles to a smaller town,(that takes 2-3 days).... sit around all day not get selected ON that day, retrace my steps and do it again next week ! On top of that I gotta call in every ficken day at 3pm and sit on hold for 30 min..., boss getting pissed "Sumbeech is on the phone again" and this is happening every day for 30 days, then I gotta run off on a 3 day cruise to the courthouse several times during the month !!!! and....This is costing over a grand per trip in expenses and I am losing $400 a day on my paycheck.......

"Bush Work" does not mean playing around with your girlfriend !

I seriously doubt any of you guys would actually do this,
I HAVE !!!!!!!!!!! and don't fokkin wanna do it again this year !!!!

The employer will simply pink slip me with a layoff as I have explained several times and have another guy in my spot on the returning flight when I leave.... some of you morons are like "It's jury duty, they can't do that" and the stupid "tell the judge, dude"
what are you ? some sissy arse Califagnians ? I report it and never work in the state again, nobody will hire me ...period !!!!

It's easy for you minimum wage homos to sit there and type all your BS filled drivel trying to sound all American and Patriotic in front of your internet buddies,

most all of you don't know my situation and how long this has been going on, how do you know I haven't already contributed numerous times ? for some reason they keep at me, even when there are numerous other candidates to choose from, the cork suckers select me for some reason !

You have me pegged wrong ! accused , convicted and executed without any facts......

Pure communist behavior ! and this from "GUN GUYS ?" you all should be ashamed of yourselves....................

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Wow !

No wonder this country is teetering on the brink of full on communism, even those who proclaim to be Constitutionalist Americans have a soviet style of communist behaviour, just need the right situation and the right person to draw out your true RED colors......
Barak?? A Constitutionalist?? laugh

You don't know him very well, do you? Ever read his signature line?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty." - Norm Crosby

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 25 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.