Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
JWP, please stop the stagnant PM's. Yes CCI magnum primers were orange and standards were yellow.
I can't explain it any better. [Linked Image]

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
[Linked Image]

Both are yellow about as clear as it gets

By the way what decade was the red box manufactured in?

Last edited by jwp475; 03/24/13.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
1990's for the red box magnums.

The "Good Ole Boys' boxes from the 1970's.

Those shown above are from the 1980's.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by HawkI
1990's for the red box magnums.

The "Good Ole Boys' boxes from the 1970's.

Those shown above are from the 1980's.

True, they did change but when you pull apart a cartridge and find an orange primer, it is a CCI 350. No other primer was ever that color.
The point of contention that JWP will never admit.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Are we talking ancient ammo or recent manufacture

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why don't y'all set up a meeting to see who's dad can be up the other guy's dad so this will stop?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Why don't y'all set up a meeting to see who's dad can be up the other guy's dad so this will stop?

That would be nice and I have tried but to continue to get nasty PM's even with cussing at me is getting old.
This started long ago when I shot some factory cast loads from several .44's. I turned and said these have magnum primers in them, it caused an argument. I saved and pulled one apart to find an orange primer and that started another argument so I contacted the manufacturer and was told they indeed use a CCI 350.
I then stated that if you have a decent load and put mag primers in half of them, after shooting I will tell you which loads have the mag primers. Nobody has to believe it but it turned a few into raging idiots.
I then said Federal .44 loads use a 150 primer and that caused more trouble so I called federal. The lady told me to hang on while she checked. She came back and told me as far back as she has records for, a magnum primer has NEVER been used.
Then the resident experts said ALL powder is burned in an inch or less even if a slow powder. I said NO, peak means nothing and there is still slow powder burning down the bore to maintain pressures. The pressure trace after peak is what counts.
I then contacted powder companies and they called the resident experts "internet idiots." They even gave me phone numbers for the idiots to call.
Understand I never post without proof and is why I post pictures. But to prove the internet idiot wrong is a big no-no because they want their word believed even if wrong.
Yes, I have been booted for telling the truth but I can still read some sites and they repeat what I said.
I am now researching the time periods when CCI made the mag primers orange. Sad to say it will not stop attacks against me.
My goal is to help shooters, not have my feet kissed.
I have held out my hand to JWP and said we can work together to help but it is like facing a raging bull. Some do not want their position taken away. I don't want their position because most are untruths that I just can't push on others.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Yes, more PM's calling me stupid after I posted. I am sick and tired of being called stupid. He want's me to put him on ignore but he needs help. I think he is bi-polar.
My grandson is bi-polar and knows everything on earth. His life is video games, never leaves his bedroom. Say anything against his thoughts and he will punch me. I had to call the police on him. Next step is an institution.
I never get angry because I feel for ignorance, but some is a lost cause.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

If you are sick and tired then let it go, put me on ignore there are many ways for you to go, yet you persist

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jwp475

If you are sick and tired then let it go, put me on ignore there are many ways for you to go, yet you persist

You should go, you lie too much for your benefit. I have never, ever told a lie. I never repeat a gun rag writer. My work is real.
Your PM's are terrible.
To dispute and get angry over facts I obtain from sources shows you have a king of the hill attitude that you want others to follow.
So many great and good shooters that want help on sites have to listen to your tainted words. There are good people here and at every site. They just want answers not an overblown fat head. In all these years you have never given any information to help.
I don't give a darn what anyone thinks of me but if just one person can shoot better, I will be happy.
I don't want your position because the top dog always falls. Just take a step, the cliff is there.
My life is to help and make friends. You want suckers on your tail. The worst of the worst. You are close to blood letting for you.
To the rest of you, I am sorry it has come to this. I did not ask for the anger for telling the truth.
This a good site with fair people and I respect and love all of you.
Make the call.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
This is what I get over and over.
Dummy I am not wrong you are so far gone to the stupid side that you are a lost cause. You got booted for your combative style of posting and never know when to stop. Yet you are to dumb to understand that.

I hope you continue to beat a dead horse just as you did today with that stupid post. Sooner or latter they will get enough here and will you get booted again. Looking forward to it I must say

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
"Do I have to show all he says?" Please don't. You see, the rest of the world just doesn't care. Handle this in a way that doesn't make the rest of the campfire click on a link, hoping for an honest discussion of firearms topics, and find it's once again a private feud made public.

F
F
Bfrshooter has good advice. He's a great guy too and would give the shirt off his back to help a fellow shooter. That is the kind of person a board needs. Not some whining, belly aching bag of wind who has nothing to contribute but personal grudges and animosity.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Frank1
Bfrshooter has good advice. He's a great guy too and would give the shirt off his back to help a fellow shooter. That is the kind of person a board needs. Not some whining, belly aching bag of wind who has nothing to contribute but personal grudges and animosity.

You and BFR can keep your bullchit in the thread you started instead of dragging it over here.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We argue about some goofy stuff here, but the color of primers now? Really?

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by McInnis
We argue about some goofy stuff here, but the color of primers now? Really?

Yes, it started the big battle and to get as many as 4 derisive PM's a day is getting old. I got another today.
I am stopping my end. It really is stupid to continue.
For me to offer one thing only to get bashed with PM's short of cuss words that are edited out makes me wonder what the rest of you really are interested in. Can I answer anything without having my E mail full of PM's from a certain person?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 300_savage
"Do I have to show all he says?" Please don't. You see, the rest of the world just doesn't care. Handle this in a way that doesn't make the rest of the campfire click on a link, hoping for an honest discussion of firearms topics, and find it's once again a private feud made public.

lissen to 300 sav....

So, put him on 'ignore', or delete the PM's before you even open them. Oh, and knock off the phuggin' drama......WE DON'T CARE.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by 300_savage

lissen to 300 sav....

So, put him on 'ignore', or delete the PM's before you even open them. Oh, and knock off the phuggin' drama......WE DON'T CARE.

Done and I agree with you. All I ask is for you to accept my normal help posts and test things. Nothing I say is other then what to try for yourselves, never the only way.
We all can get along just fine if you look at it that way. I also learn from all of you because I will never know everything and prefer friends.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
bfrshooter, I very much enjoy, and learn from, your posts on firearms, revolver shooting in particular.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (akpls, 300_savage, 2500HD, 79S, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 12 invisible), 1,378 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,926
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.