Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
They're not all loons in California, There just aren't enough of us
March 15, 2013
Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts on the rights of gun ownership. I appreciate hearing from you. As your Representative in Congress, I am focused on restoring economic growth and job creation in the Inland Empire, enhancing public safety and preserving our constitutional liberties.

I believe it is important that we have a thorough and thoughtful discussion on steps we can take to reduce violence in our society. Keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals and those who wish to do us harm is vital. However, proposals that would infringe on law abiding Americans' fundamental and constitutional rights are not the correct solution.

Proposals seeking to limit constitutional rights only provide the illusion of reducing gun violence. The evidence is clear: whether there is a gun ban or not, criminals will find a way to obtain illegal weapons. I feel we can better improve public safety by enforcing the more than 22,000 laws currently on the books, and addressing the flaws in our mental health system than by infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens.

As Congress considers ways to address the root cause of violent crime, you may be assured that I will work closely with my colleagues to find solutions that will protect our families, schools and neighbors without eroding our constitutional liberties. Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope that you will remain in touch in the future on other issues of importance to you.

Sincerely,
Gary G. Miller
Member of Congress

Last edited by smarquez; 03/26/13.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It would be interesting to have a friend with your views draft a letter incouraging stricter gun laws.I wonder if your friend would get the same resopnse.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smarquez
...As Congress considers ways to address the root cause of violent crime, you may be assured...

...that Congress has never yet had a clue how to address this and never will.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
They will not spend much time on this the real solution would be hard work and they are not up to more than two days a week.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 42 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.