Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Kim Jong Un is one wildcat - looks like they have rockets ready to fire at US bases in S Korea. Possibly Nukes. The US buzzed him with some Stealth Bombers yesterday. Not sure if that was to intimidate or provoke him. This could really get ugly in a big hurry. Hopefully Kim will step back and see that the entire world is against him, but he seems hell bent on forcing respect for N Korea instead of earning it. All this while the O'show is talking gun control to select moms.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
They gotta prop that sawed off idiot up with stilts so he's able to anything remotely similar to posturing, and he best sit down and STFU if he wants to live.

Gunner

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Once the annual US-South Korea exercises are over and the B2's return to the US his propaganda arm will declare the "Great Leader" forced the South and the US to back down and declare a "great victory".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The little fat bassard may have severed com ties with the South and US but you can bet your azz China is telling him to stand down because we mean business.Our finger is on a very light trigger and he'll get to test our resolve if he plays the stupid card...but he won't as usual for fear of having a really bad day.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
They gotta prop that sawed off idiot up with stilts so he's able to anything remotely similar to posturing, and he best sit down and STFU if he wants to live.

Gunner

Thinking the smoking will get to him first.

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Things I don't know:

1) Is he stupid enough to think he'd live through it? I doubt it. That takes a lot of stupidity.

2) Is he crazy enough to do it, anyway? Possibly. My gut tells me, though, that he's seen us capitulate time & again, whenever they get belligerent. He's calculating that after another week or two of this, & we'll be standing down & sending him more food & oil.

3) Would Obama actually respond to a nuclear attack, with nukes of our own? My gut says < 50% chance, sadly.

4) Is there any way to stop the destruction of Seoul, if NK started an all-out artillery barrage? I've heard they could level Seoul in an hour with artillery, so my guess is we'd have to use tactical nukes to stop them. I seriously doubt Obama would go first when it comes to nukes.

It does look like the li'l guy is working himself into a corner.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

Thinking the smoking will get to him first.

[Linked Image]

Thats fookin hilarious main, bettin that damn diaper is full too. sick laugh laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The concern seems to be that the fat kid has really painted himself into a corner this time and may become desperate to "save face".... Even if that means getting his fat ass vaporized.....

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That is what is really scarry, backed into a corner and just crazy enough to go down in a blaze of glory. Not sure if they are quite nuke ready yet or not but they are getting closer day by day........seems that on our end maybe we could be a bit 'over confident' also.......shooting down a suprise nuke in mid air is doubtfully a 100% proposition.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Things I don't know:

1) Is he stupid enough to think he'd live through it? I doubt it. That takes a lot of stupidity.

2) Is he crazy enough to do it, anyway? Possibly. My gut tells me, though, that he's seen us capitulate time & again, whenever they get belligerent. He's calculating that after another week or two of this, & we'll be standing down & sending him more food & oil.

3) Would Obama actually respond to a nuclear attack, with nukes of our own? My gut says < 50% chance, sadly.

4) Is there any way to stop the destruction of Seoul, if NK started an all-out artillery barrage? I've heard they could level Seoul in an hour with artillery, so my guess is we'd have to use tactical nukes to stop them. I seriously doubt Obama would go first when it comes to nukes.

It does look like the li'l guy is working himself into a corner.

FC

Having been up to my neck in this similar scenario [which hasn't changed much in 40+ years] our nuclear forces have continued to keep the hammer cocked 24-7.

The looming problem: should we let him play the first card it's a given Seoul will be in a world of hurt but this is his only good hand in this high steaks poker game,it goes down hill rapidly from this point.

I seriously doubt we would hit high population centers with portable sun but I'd bet he's so targeted by standoff cruise warheads they'd be bumping in to each other trying to find a home! grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the past they have rattled their sabers and strutted a little and the US has sent them money and food. He is just trying to get more. It never should have happened the first time. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might be a good idea to let their forces stay on maximum alert for about 30 days and then attack them.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Best part is, if we do bomb them the USA taxpayers get to foot the bill to rebuild all their infrastructure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

I seriously doubt we would hit high population centers with portable sun but I'd bet he's so targeted by standoff cruise warheads they'd be bumping in to each other trying to find a home! grin

This is the reason these lunatic leaders around the world keep poking us with a stick.

They know for a fact that if the [bleep] hits the fan we will go in with small tatical strikes that minimize casualties. Then when we're done, we will pay for the rebuilding of their nation.

I can about guarantee that if all of pudgies military advisors new that the US would bring the wrath & full might of our military, & walk away from them all bruised & bloodie, it would be a whole different story.

But then again, what the heck do I know.....

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Best part is, if we do bomb them the USA taxpayers get to foot the bill to rebuild all their infrastructure.

Keep your mouth shut, and buy Halliburton stock.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kim has over-played his hand, which could potentially put us into a dangerous situation. Now that the US and NATO has collectively told them to go piss up a rope, Lil-Kim is losing face, and in Asian cultures, that can cause the �Lil-Kim�s� of the world to do some desperate things. But at the end of the day, Lil-Kim has basically three cards to play; Nuke, conventional, or sit down and shut up. And really, it doesn�t matter which one of the first two he plays, the end result is the same; he eats a precision guided bomb, and the rest of his forces are annihilated. So that leaves much bluster before he finally sits down and shuts the hell up. It�s really just that simple. Still, you have to take it seriously�Just like any crime; means, motive, and opportunity. And Lil-Kim has all three, so you have to take the threats seriously.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Not necessarily so. South Korea isn�t exactly a poor nation, and North Korea is nearly as much of a threat to Japan as to South Korea. If you recall Gulf War version 1.0, Japan actually underwrote much of the cost for that war; I�m betting that ROK and Japan would seriously dip into the wallets for a war with DPRK. And rebuilding N. Korea will be an interesting political endeavor. China wants to keep their brotha�s down more than anything else, so they�ll be fighting to rebuild N. Korea. A free N. Korea makes for a much bigger border problem than China has now. And if WE rebuild N. Korea, we can really stick it to the Chinese, because now we�ll have millions who would be eager to enter into a manufacturing workforce for very low pay�further screwing the heck out of China, while making US investors nice and fat in the wallet. So the US, ROK, and Japan rebuilding N. Korea has some benefits beyond the initial trouble and cost.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is funny as hell is all the saber rattling and advocated threats on the HuffPo, I'm having the time of my life advocating more dialog and reaching out by that war mongering Obama. wink

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Kim's only available play now is to make up a story that goes something like: "I showed the enemy (S. Korea and the US) that they were powerless in the face of our threats. Now I'm going back to a reasonable and strong posture." Maybe it'll work. Either way, this is going to be solved by China.

Here's what the Chinese government wants:
- to be viewed by its citizens as "the benevolent and efficient facilitator of your prosperous future"
- to be the regional military hegemon
- to be the owner/leader in resource exploration/extraction in presently undeveloped parts of the world
- to be respected internationally as a result of all that.

Here's what the Chinese government DOES NOT WANT:
- economic problems in South Korea, one of its dominant regional trading partners
- more refugee problems on the Nork border (there's already a lot, and the Chicoms consider it a PITA that they don't really want to spend effort and money on)
- increased US military presence or activity on the Korean peninsula
- the world looking at it like "Why can't you keep yer stupid brother-in-law under wraps?"

Whether it's out in the open or behind-the-scenes, it's the Chicoms who are going to deal with the Norks eventually. One day soon, there will be some dust-up that will provoke the Chinese Army to roll its way over the Norks in an also-humanitarian invasion, right to the South Korean border. Then they're going to arrange a peaceful Korean re-unification, and come out of it as the dominant influence in the region.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by centershot
Kim Jong Un is one wildcat - looks like they have rockets ready to fire at US bases in S Korea. Possibly Nukes. The US buzzed him with some Stealth Bombers yesterday. Not sure if that was to intimidate or provoke him. This could really get ugly in a big hurry. Hopefully Kim will step back and see that the entire world is against him, but he seems hell bent on forcing respect for N Korea instead of earning it. All this while the O'show is talking gun control to select moms.........

Not so. The B2s were flown over S. Korea.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, ak_Rick, 9 invisible), 921 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,101
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.