Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Rusky Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I was watching an ad on a Sako AV for a few days as it's asking price was falling. When it reached $700 I sent a PM offering $685. The seller Mr Krumm aka krummarine accepted the offer, I advised him I would send him a USPS money order for $700.00 so he could insure the rifle as shipping was included in the price. I thought this rifle, according to the pictures and the description would be a great birthday present for one of my teenage grand kids. You know they can be hard on their first big game rifle, I know this from past experience, I thought this rifle would do nicely. When the rifle arrived the only resemblance to the rifle in the ad was the 2 marks in the stock on the left side and the lack of any bluing on the bolt knob. I contacted Mr Krumm explaining my concerns with the condition of this rifle, asking for my money back, and willing to pay the return shipping to him. He refused to refund the $700.00.
http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7511943/1/WTS_Sako_AV_30_06
"Got this on a trade awhile back and am thinning my herd. It came with some dark stains on either side of the trigger guard but they were not deep. Was able to get them out with steel wool and then refinished the entire area. You can't tell they were there. I do not know the round count but bore is pristine. Some bluing wear near the muzzle, on the tip of the bolt handle, and on the trigger guard but overall in very nice condition. Can send more pics to any interested parties. Comes with the factory rings."

Upon casual inspection you can plainly see this rifle is in a very used and not well maintained, It has been worked over with various tools to hide its original condition. It is far from the described condition. Starting on the wood stock you can see 2 deep gouges which look like small light marks in his photos. In actuality the stock has over a dozen marks, most of which have been worked on to make them look more like minor damage.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The barrel was described as showing a little bluing wear??
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/denocaro/Sako010_zpseac6e4f8.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/denocaro/Sako009_zps72ec6a4c.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/denocaro/Sako012_zps96a6f24a.jpg[/img]
The bore was described as "pristine" I can see marks in the barrel with my naked eye.
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/denocaro/Sako016_zpseb73179b.jpg[/img]

These pictures show the chamber neck and up to 16" from the chamber towards the muzzle. The barrel is rust pitted all the way to the muzzle.

The bolt has been also worked over with steel wool as shown in this picture.

In short, this rifle was a basket case some one brought back to life and someone said it was in "nice condition".

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
GB1

R
Rusky Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
These pictures show the chamber neck and up to 16" from the chamber towards the muzzle. The barrel is rust pitted all the way to the muzzle.

The bolt has been also worked over with steel wool as shown in this picture.

In short, this rifle was a basket case some one brought back to life and someone said it as in nice condition.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have bought MANY guns online and VERY FEW of the guns I purchased online ever come in the condition they are described (usually worse, much worse, or in RARE cases significantly better). It seems like buying guns online is a real crap-shoot, but its a price you pay to get something that is otherwise not available elsewhere. Pictures only show so much and descriptions can be vague and misleading in many cases. There is nothing like being able to hold and fondle a gun before purchasing it but many times that's not possible in an online transaction.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MuskieMan223
It seems like buying guns online is a real crap-shoot, but its a price you pay to get something that is otherwise not available elsewhere.
Bullshit. If there's a discrepancy between claimed condition and actual condition, then there're grounds for a refund. In fact, unless the seller specified "AS IS, NO RETURNS," then an inspection period is implied.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I do not disagree with you Bricktop, and that may work with sites like ebay or gunbroker, but on a classified add where they is not an agency with rules behind the transaction, there is really no way other than the honor system to get that done. And if a seller misrepresented an item to get rid of it, he surely would not be honest enough to take it back would he? I am not saying that Krummarine is or is not at fault, but when you are dealing with private sales on private forums, the only thing that applies is honesty and integrity.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do not disagree with you Bricktop, and that may work with sites like ebay or gunbroker, but on a classified add where they is not an agency with rules behind the transaction, there is really no way other than the honor system to get that done. And if a seller misrepresented an item to get rid of it, he surely would not be honest enough to take it back would he? I am not saying that Krummarine is or is not at fault, but when you are dealing with private sales on private forums, the only thing that applies is honesty and integrity.
Gunbroker and [bleep] eBay have less teeth in any "punishment" meted out for a dishonest seller than this board. You haven't been registered here or done business here long enough to have an opinion worth [bleep] on the matter.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well, there you go then.

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
how's it shoot?

Sorry,I drank the Sako-Aid.My opinion may be biased.
bh444
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Gunbroker and [bleep] eBay have less teeth in any "punishment" meted out for a dishonest seller than this board. You haven't been registered here or done business here long enough to have an opinion worth [bleep] on the matter.

Someones been on this site too long and pops off at the mouth too much. Totally uncalled for, as if the time someone has been a member and the number of posts has anything to do with the validity of his comment. I hope the moderators reprimand both you and the seller of this Sako.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by trsmith18
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Someones been on this site too long and pops off at the mouth too much. Totally uncalled for, as if the time someone has been a member and the number of posts has anything to do with the validity of his comment. I hope the moderators reprimand both you and the seller of this Sako.
Here's a free lesson in reality and common sense: IF YOU POST SOMETHING STUPID, YOUR ASS IS GONNA GET BEAT OVER IT. No charge for that lesson, dumbass.

Second lesson in reality: WE'RE UNMODERATED, MORON.

What's that noise? Is that your head popping free from your ass? Well, Jesus rose from the grave, so I guess we can hope for an Easter miracle, too.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
there is really no way other than the honor system to get that done. And if a seller misrepresented an item to get rid of it, he surely would not be honest enough to take it back would he? ............. the only thing that applies is honesty and integrity.

Seems to be a lack of both here..no?

Make it right col.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks for proving my point...bricktop

Last edited by trsmith18; 03/29/13.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by krummarine
There was NO rust on the floorplate when I shipped it.

[Linked Image][/quote]

Originally Posted by krummarine
Some bluing wear near the muzzle,but overall in very nice condition.

[Linked Image]

Are you [bleep] Kidding Krummarine?

Last edited by slg888; 03/29/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by trsmith18
Thanks for proving my point...bricktop
The only "point" you had was you don't know how in the f*ck this board operates. You proved that in spades.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If it is not as advertised, then the money should be refunded-period.

Ron

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That rifle was not even close to accurately described -

I'd refund the money or not expect a whole lot of action in the free classifieds again, which may already be lost since you have already refused the gentlement his money back.

Do the right thing.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
R
Rusky Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by bh444
how's it shoot?

I'm not going to shoot it. Nor am I going to sell it to some unsuspecting person the way Joe sold it to me. The barrel's bore is pure JUNK plain and simple.

One of the things a guy needs to realize, in a google search of a name all the crap like this thread will pop up for all to see, for a very long time. I can't believe Joe sold out for a lousy 700 bucks, how stupid.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
when people offer to take more pictures you should ask!! this gun is not as described I agree I hope you can get this resolved but next time ASK FOR MORE PICTURES.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow.
Sorry, you got ripped.
Hopefully, the seller will do the right thing and refund.
Good luck.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like a few more ads by Col.Krumm
beware #1
beware #2

Do the right thing sir.
Don't bring this disrespect to my corps!

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.