Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC
I've been watching this thread and thinking about the implications of the original question. My first reaction was no. HELL NO!. But I've thought about it some before posting a response. Forty-five years go, I made the following oath:

� 502. Enlistment Oath.� Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:
"I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

So I swore to "protect and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." And there's not enough information in the original question to determine wether or not I would fire upon an American citizen. I would have to determine in my own mind if that person is an enemy of the constitution. If they are then wether or not they are foreign or domestic makes no difference.

Here's my question: What happens if the enemy of the constitution is the President of the United States? My answer; I would "bear true faith and alegiance to the same" and I would fire upon any enemy of the constitution.

THIS is what I said in that thread. GeoW took one post completely out of context.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
These threads used to amuse me, now they just make me want to puke. The number of posters on here that say LEO's are just chomping at the bit to shoot Joe six pack and take his guns/ammo/precious metals disappoints me. But I also wonder how many of them are basement living puzzy ass [bleep] who got a speeding ticket in their mom's car yesterday, and how many are honest to God grown ass men who have formed an opinion based on personal experience. (i.e. not watching youtube clips and reading internet blogs by other random losers)

The freak show kook meter is running pretty high today, huh?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Redneck
Passed to me by a friend... Interesting - to say the least.. (If posted earlier, sorry, I didn't see it).

http://www.infowars.com/civil-war-and-the-litmus-test-will-you-shoot-americans/

I call BS. The administrations not asking the military that.

To directly answer your question, hell yes I'd shoot Americans to preserve America. I doubt they'd be leftists in that case, but you never know, and I don't care anyway. Anyone actively, literally, violently, physically attempting to destroy America is a dog deserving put down. Regardless of political stripe.
That's how you characterize Americans being SWAT teamed because they won't surrender their God given rights?? crazy

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

The freak show kook meter is running pretty high today, huh?

Very.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On overdrive even... sheesh.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Enemies of the Constitution are enemies of the Constitution, what they call themselves is irrelevant to me.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My very next post in that same thread...

Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Defending the Constitution though, in my opinion is upholding it's ideals and tenants. Though it calls for an armed public, it does not call for the change of Government through violent means. It calls for a peaceful change of power.

That said, the federalist and anti-federalist papers do discuss and support the people taking up arms to protect themselves from a tyrannical Government. This administration is moving dangerously close to that. They are, without a doubt, the most anti-American, anti-democratic, administration we quite possibly have ever had. The American public overwhelmingly disagrees with every move they have made, yet they insist on forcing those moves on America. So, if they continue to ignore the masses, and put us more and more under their thumb, that is dangerously approaching tyranny.

Honestly, I don't think our Constitution could survive a Revolution. I think such an event would tear the Country apart. Even more than this deplorable administration has. So, to defend it, I couldn't be a part of a hostile take over of our Government. I just don't want to lower myself to the level of this Administration. Let them go down in history as the hostiles.

And another one from the same thread...

I couldn't agree more actually. I just think that our current Constitution lays out a way to bring that change about. For one, the states need to assert the powers that our Constitution gives them, and put the Federal Government in it's place. If it's not IN the Constitution, the States don't need to follow it. Gotta love those amendments! Secondly, America would be much more stable financially, and defensively if a peaceful exchange were to happen, and far less so under a violent one.

There is a time and place for a ruled people to stand up and take back their lives. Our founders knew and understood that better than we ever will. Our Constitution was written in their blood. They also knew, and supported doing so through force of arms. That said, they also worked together to forge a document that lays out a Government in which our people would never have to go through what they went through.

Context matters...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Enemies of the Constitution are enemies of the Constitution, what they call themselves is irrelevant to me.

Yep!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And here is the post that resulted in my response...

Originally Posted by AKBoater
He means if we get fed up with the direction this country is going. And we storm the capital (ala Kyrzygstan) will the military fire upon us.

This is not the manner that the Constitution has laid out for a regime change. To do this would be violating the Constitution.

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
And here is the post that resulted in my response...

Originally Posted by AKBoater
He means if we get fed up with the direction this country is going. And we storm the capital (ala Kyrzygstan) will the military fire upon us.

This is not the manner that the Constitution has laid out for a regime change. To do this would be violating the Constitution.
Why do you hate America?

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Are you stupid TRH? What kind of question is that.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Either your joking or you are being disingenuous. I hope it's the former.

Loving and defending the Constitution is the exact opposite of hating America. Maybe I should ask you why you hate the Constitution and thus America? But then I'd be behaving like you...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

He and I have been pretty civil recently. I'm hoping he's joking...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Redneck
Passed to me by a friend... Interesting - to say the least.. (If posted earlier, sorry, I didn't see it).

http://www.infowars.com/civil-war-and-the-litmus-test-will-you-shoot-americans/

I call BS. The administrations not asking the military that.

To directly answer your question, hell yes I'd shoot Americans to preserve America. I doubt they'd be leftists in that case, but you never know, and I don't care anyway. Anyone actively, literally, violently, physically attempting to destroy America is a dog deserving put down. Regardless of political stripe.
That's how you characterize Americans being SWAT teamed because they won't surrender their God given rights?? crazy

I think part of the confusion here is that people are conflating "America" with "the United States federal government." That's a distinction that it's in the interest of the government to prevent people from making, but it's a real one.

For example, take the statement as typed: "Anyone actively, literally, violently, physically attempting to destroy America is a dog deserving put down." Do I agree with that? Well, I've never actually seen or heard of anyone like that, so without context it's difficult to be rigorous; but on the surface, sure, probably I do.

Now modify the statement: "Anyone actively, literally, violently, physically attempting to destroy the US government is a dog deserving put down." Do I agree with that? Certainly not, not even close. At this point in history, given what it's done and is doing domestically and around the world, somebody attempting to destroy the US government may have a good chance of being saner and more clear-headed than those of us who are still making excuses for it.

When you hear politicians or the mouthpieces of politicians claim that this group or that group (terrorists, money launderers, drug traffickers, Wall Street tycoons, gun owners, Jews, Christians, whatever) is a threat to "national security," you might try replacing "national" with "government" and see if it makes a little more sense to you.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Civil or not,HAJ that kind of question is uncalled for and I think a slap to you and every person who served this WONDERFUL country.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Didn't think I needed the emoticon for that one. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I admit, ya got me, but I held out hope that you had more character than thinking that I hate America after the entirety of my discourse here. Thank you for proving me right.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Loving and defending the Constitution is the exact opposite of hating America.

Well, now, I wouldn't say that.

For example, I love America, but I don't have much that's good to say about the Constitution, which has turned out in over two centuries of real-world experience to be pretty anti-freedom in practice.

Perhaps we can agree that one's love for the Constitution and one's love for America are unrelated to one another and should be measured on different axes.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See, I believe that the Constitution is the most liberating document ever penned. The bastardization of it over time has been anti-freedom.

If you hold the premise that the people is America and given the direction that the people are calling for us to go, where does that leave liberty?

For me, the Constitution defines America. It's possible that the people and/or the Government can be anti-American.

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I admit, ya got me, but I held out hope that you had more character than thinking that I hate America after the entirety of my discourse here. Thank you for proving me right.
I thought it was obvious because you had just gone to such great lengths to persuade us of the opposite. Just goes to show, if you're joking on the internet, you can never get away without the emoticon.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (808outdoors, 338Rules, 38HBWC, 35, 8 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,022
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.