-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that Claire is pretty close to right. THIS system is dysfunctional. It's not the same system laid out in the Constitution.

I agree that people take ownership of their own liberty. However, I contend that one way that they do this is through Laws that help safeguard that Liberty like a Constitution.

I've got no problem with having differences and agreeing to disagree. I wish it would happen more often than the pissing matches that so often frequent these discussions.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're a known parser and twister yourself, why would somebody not quote you "out of context", as you say?

Think about this...

"34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil."

Matthew 5:34-37, King James Bible

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
People are people and organizations such as the .mil and LEO crowd are drawn from the general population. For state/local LEO, they're drawn from the "local" general population (with a % of imports, obviously).

To argue that "they" will or won't shoot at "civilians" (LEO qualify) is as ridiculous as arguing about who has the balls to stand up and fight back.

As far back at the Revolution there were those willing to make themselves criminals in order to "fight the good fight" and there were those willing to walk the party line for the "rightful" (at the time) government. There was a tremendous percentage of folks willing to just sit on the sidelines and, likely, cry/whine about how it should be done while men of action spilled blood. There are examples of all categories as close as the 'Fire.

I can't/won't speak for all LEOs. I know where my guys and many in my AO stand. Likewise, I know where a great number of my local NG/Reservists stand. The rest will be what it will be.

George

Amen George.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
...because thou canst not make one hair white or black...

Try telling that to a woman today.

[shakes head sadly]

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
You're a known parser and twister yourself, why would somebody not quote you "out of context", as you say?

Think about this...

"34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil."

Matthew 5:34-37, King James Bible

Please, show me one instance where I have done anything like this. If it's so well known then it should be easy to find. Show me and not only will I apologize publicly but I will also buy them a box of bullets of their own choosing.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're a good guy, HAJ.

EthanAllen is the jackass

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
EthanAllen [Edwards??] is the jackass
Why? Because he's not one of your admirers? laugh

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Revisit Kent State, Ruby Ridge, Waco--- draw your own conclusions

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,062
Posts18,521,456
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.