Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
AB2506 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Went to the Calgary Gunshow to day. Saw a Browning Hi Power Detective. Kind of like a 1911 Commander. Very nice. Don't remember it though. As the barrel is too short, it is classified as prohibited up here. $700 was too much for a prohibited firearm IMO, no matter how nice.

Very interesting handgun. I didn't pick it up to feel it for fear that I couldn't resist. smile

http://www.securityarms.com/photos/1275496489.jpg

Last edited by AB2506; 03/29/13.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AB2506
Went to the Calgary Gunshow to day. Saw a Browning Hi Power Detective.

[Linked Image]
"Browning?" That's an FM Hi Power produced by Fabricaciones Militares of Argentina, not a Fabrique Nationale-produced Browning. In fact, the one in the picture is an FM 90 variant.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A friend who into HPs has one of the Detective models and it is one of his favorite carry guns...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
AB2506 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bricktop

[Linked Image]
"Browning?" That's an FM Hi Power produced by Fabricaciones Militares of Argentina, not a Fabrique Nationale-produced Browning. In fact, the one in the picture is an FM 90 variant.

Just pulled pulled a pic from the internet Brick. It is identical to the one I viewed yesterday, right down to the grips. FN is an international company and owns the Browning name. FN may mark the guns differently for sale in different nations.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop

[Linked Image]
Just pulled pulled a pic from the internet Brick. It is identical to the one I viewed yesterday, right down to the grips. FN is an international company and owns the Browning name. FN may mark the guns differently for sale in different nations.
Spare me your rendition of "trivia." The gun you saw was an Argentinian-produced FM 95 Detective. Game over.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Gotta look a little more closely. The mark is "FM" not "FN"

Bricktop is correct. Yet, I'm amazed he managed two posts without calling you an azzhole. He's mellowing out.

This is my "FM" Hi-Power. I blasted off the cruddy baked on finish, stippled the heck out of certain surfaces and parkerized it. It's nice...but it ain't a Browning.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 03/30/13.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the same money you could have a CZ 75...

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brick eased up on the Guy because it is Good Friday and Easter

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I did the work myself. Including the gun, I have 250 in it and that's with the $50 parkerizing kit. So, I'm thinking the CZ75 would have cost more. At least the last one I bought did. Have had the CZ, have shot the CZ and have decided any Browning Hi-Power or reasonable clone suits me better than the CZ. Still, even with the CZ, I'd have had to get rid of that absolutely crappy baked on enamel finish.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
A friend used to have a FM Detective. He really liked it and it was a decent and reliable gun. As stated by Bricktop and Dan they were made in Argentina by FM.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (1_deuce, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 204guy, 49 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,011
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.