Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
This in from "Gun Owners of America"...

Feinstein Angry as Majority of the Senate
Votes to Ban Gun Control

Senate staffer says �gun grabbers were livid� and �DiFi was pissed�

On Friday, GOA asked you to contact your Senators and urge them to support the Lee amendment which would require Senators to muster 67 votes before adopting gun control legislation. You responded to the call, and the results were very encouraging.

Part of GOA�s strategy for defeating Harry Reid�s gun control bill (S. 649) has been to put Senators on record and force them to reveal where they stand on gun rights. Are they going to stand with us, or are they going to follow Obama down the road to further gun control restrictions and, therefore, require additional pressure from their constituents?

Six Democrats and all but one Republican (Mark Kirk of Illinois) voted in favor of the Lee Amendment which would make S. 649 impossible to pass. Again, this is because the Lee amendment would have required anti-gun Senators to muster 67 votes (rather than a simple majority of 51 votes) before gun control could be adopted.

There were six �Red State� Democrats who voted Against the Lee amendment � Senators Mark Begich (AK), Tim Johnson (SD), Tim Kaine (VA), Mary Landrieu (LA), Harry Reid (NV) and Mark Warner (VA). Gun owners in these states should be sure to voice their displeasure with these Senators.

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This was in the news a couple of days ago. Even tho Our Dim Senator has been Obummer's lapdog for Alaska since his election, he knows which side of his slice of bread the butter is on. He's fully aware that gun control is THE one thing that would not only knock out of the Senate, it's THE one thing that would totally ruin his political career. If he supported the Dim's bill, he'd never even be able to get elected dog catcher anywhere in the state again.
We may not like much of his "lapdog" actions in the past but I'm certain we don't have to worry about this issue. Don't anyone get their knickers in a knot about Begich & the gun grab. He won't contribute to it.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He still ain't getting my vote in 2014.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wasn't even implying that I'd ever vote for him. Only commenting on the current situation.
B.I.F.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was just making a statement, didn't figure you'd vote or had ever voted for him.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
He still voted the party line. He voted against requiring 67 senators to pass gun control laws.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not the smartest, but Its my understanding that he voted against party lines and for the Lee amaendment that will require the 67 votes.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It's the other way, Steve.

///There were six �Red State� Democrats who voted Against the Lee amendment � Senators Mark Begich (AK), \\\

the article is not well written.

So, Begich is still serving his masters.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I just looked up S. 649 it doesn't look like a gun bill

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
THanks MIke, I see where I got turned around.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
this turd is not interested in supporting Alaskans, his nose too far up ocommies black ash

The Unions are at fault for getting this lying liberal elected, need to vote his ash out and run the International Unions out of the State of Alaska
they are brainwashing Alaskan workers into worshipping ocommie without question,

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i sent baggage' a empty u-haul box smile thats number 3 smirk that i sent him ...everytime he gets "the/a vote wrong".............. baggage' is baggage'.

Last edited by atvalaska; 03/28/13.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
In his latest radio ad he states that he "...is against banning anything. Period..."

He doesn't say he'd vote against universal background checks or other measures.

If it sounds too good to be true...

Support your local brewer.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Unions are at fault for getting this lying liberal elected

He would have been a footnote in history if the democrats hadn't set up Ted Stevens. Liberals are strong presence in this state anymore.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Pointbock
In his latest radio ad he states that he "...is against banning anything. Period..."

He doesn't say he'd vote against universal background checks or other measures.

If it sounds too good to be true...

When I heard that ad, my spidey scenses went up. Baggage can say all day long that he opposes bans while supporting other draconian measures. A UBC is as dangerous as any other measure, and the slippery slim ball would get away with it..

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well, Begich is full of $hit.

He was a member of Bloomberg's "Mayors against Guns"* before he ran for Senate.

*(or whatever the title is)

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
sep Offline
S
He's gotta go this next election. His vote for Obamacare torpedoed my Lusitania.

I don't care if he gets a Second Amendment tatoo, opens a gun shop in Anchorage, and kicks Diane Feinstein squarely in the camel toe. Not only am I gonna vote for his opponent...I'm gonna donate money to the cause...and I've already emailed him to tell him so.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Baggage is a lieing piece of kaka. In his radio adds he leads people to believe he will never vote against guns. Well he did when he voted against the 67 votes. He is Harry Rieds lap dog and really enjoys sitting on Rieds lap. Far as I'm concerned he's not even welcome in this state.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I find it difficult for anybody in Las Anchorage to have ever voted for him seeing how he nearly recked the city coffers...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sep
He's gotta go this next election. His vote for Obamacare torpedoed my Lusitania.

I don't care if he gets a Second Amendment tatoo, opens a gun shop in Anchorage, and kicks Diane Feinstein squarely in the camel toe. Not only am I gonna vote for his opponent...I'm gonna donate money to the cause...and I've already emailed him to tell him so.

glad to see you posting neighbor, your mind is firing on all cylinders! great post grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 51 invisible), 2,856 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,550
Posts18,510,271
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.