Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 13red56
Just always pay and give them the 3% and don't send as a gift and your money is secure. If you pay the 3% you can file a claim that no item was received PayPal will lock their account and investigate. When it is resolved you should get your money back.

I've never had to file a claim with PP, so I have a couple of questions. When filing a claim, will PP ask what was purchased? If so, are you definitely not protected if the purchase is a firearm and does it make a difference if the money comes from a CC or bank account?

I like using PP, but want to make sure I'm getting the best protection that I can or at least know that I'm not protected at all. I understand there's no recourse when sending money as a gift, so these questions are aimed at the times I pay a fee to PP for the service.

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
just a comment here. i heard pp is anti gun and or hunting. any truth to that?

K
K
Originally Posted by hazer
just a comment here. i heard pp is anti gun and or hunting. any truth to that?

Yes they are anti anything firearms related, I just posted about how they locked my account due to a purchaser putting the auction # in the pp message box...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I moved to remote Idaho from Alaska, so I've been using PP for a long time just for logistics sake. It has been a trouble-free journey so far.

I called paypal when I first heard the noise that they were "anti-gun."
I talked at length with a public relations guy, ironically he was a hunter. He said that there were many that he worked with that were also hunters and shooters, but the company policy is to avoid gun-related sales due to the massive legal implications the company would face in this sue-happy litigative society we live in.
They simply don't want the exposure.
The NRA uses paypal to recruite hunters and fisherman, and further its outreach and numbers. Paypal has no problem with that.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I understand that paypal is convenient and quick but I stopped using them since they are ANTI GUN. I dont support any business that dont support my rights.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by broomd

The NRA uses paypal to recruite hunters and fisherman, and further its outreach and numbers. Paypal has no problem with that.

The Second Amendment Foundation also uses PayPal for receiving donations.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Just to throw another option out there for those without access to Postal MO, and don't like or won't use PP...I use the Bill Pay function from my bank (Bank of America) and I'm sure most Banks and Credit Unions have the same type service. I just set up the seller as a Pay To account and send the Bank Check from my account right online. I've done it multiple times here and Gunbroker. Sellers get a bank check and I don't have to go to the Post Office or even use a stamp.

NRA Life Member
QDMA Member
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 199ironman
I understand that paypal is convenient and quick but I stopped using them since they are ANTI GUN. I dont support any business that dont support my rights.

Why pay your taxes then ?The goverment is antigun...LMAO !!!!!!!

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why pay your taxes then ?The goverment is antigun...LMAO !!!!!!

You have to pay your taxes, you don't have to support paypal, see the difference?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It was a funny,get it watch4bear?

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Everyone should use paypal, its not 1985.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by broomd

The Second Amendment Foundation also uses PayPal for receiving donations.

Wasting your time with logic, Pat.
Some want to believe that paypal is anti 2nd, and that is that.

Let's not confuse them with facts to the contrary.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Just a reminder, there are a bunch of good folks on the forums getting ripped off by jokers requesting Pay Pal as payment.

No recourse for the purchase of guns, parts, ammo, and gun products if you get scammed.

The number one indicator for a scam is asking for paypal only.

This is a bunch of BS.

I live in a very small town about 120 miles round trip to my bank. Our little post office couldnt cash a $30 moneyorder any day of the week. I try to use paypal only because of this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PayPal is the schit.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Paypal must have changed a little since the Virginia Tech shooting. Remember they stopped alot of gun parts from being sold. Now look at them. They allow barrels, triggers and complete bolts. They must have lost plenty of customers & money after they cut out alot of gun parts to be sold.

Ken

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If you don't think you can get scammed, post anything on Craigslist and then sell to the first buyer that contacts you and is ready for full payment of your item...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Just a reminder, there are a bunch of good folks on the forums getting ripped off by jokers requesting Pay Pal as payment.

No recourse for the purchase of guns, parts, ammo, and gun products if you get scammed.

The number one indicator for a scam is asking for paypal only.

I ask to be paid by paypal for almost everything, there isent one person on here that can say they ever been scammed by me, so what in the he!! are you talking about

223 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's wrong with a personal check ?? I accept them, haven't had a problem here on 24 Hr or any other forum.

LIFE MEMBER NRA
Support OUR Troops
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PayPal is better than Gunpal. grin
They are nervous about gun transactions because they are located in Mexifornia.
It's called protecting your company not Anti-________ whatever.

Have Dog

Will Travel

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
just shipped 7 rifles last week and all paid with paypal gift and there rifles all left UPS the next day after payment was received and they emailed me the FFL's

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,852
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.