-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The weather was simply too spectacular today to stay home, so the boys and I took a drive this afternoon out to the area and did a loop from Lake George up 77 to Tarryall (townsite) and then down FS 222 (CR31) back to Highway 24. I had done some virtual scouting using topos and Google Earth and checked out Webber Park, Burns Park, Thorpe Gulch, Marksbury Gulch, and Badger Gulch. I found one site which has good potential. We'll have to check it out when we go recon in a week or two. I took a lot of pictures of the area as well. What a glorious Easter Sunday afternoon drive!

[Linked Image]

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]

KC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Nice photo. I think I'll take a drive some day this week. How about April 20 for you, me and remfak to do a group recon?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That's a beautiful stretch of road!!! I need to head out that way sometime soon.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
KC,

I will bring a tent and my big two burner camp stove that I brought to Raton. Would be happy to help cook breakfast(s).

tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
20th is looking good for me to go recon, KC.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Hey guy's, I don't mean interfere with anyone's plans. I just thought I'd suggest another area for you to look at.

Packer Gulch, just west of Tarrall Resevoir is a great spot!

KC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker

pumpgun:

Yep. Cooking for twenty or thirty people takes several stoves and cooks working together. I thought we did a pretty good job last time. I plan on making scrambled eggs and biscuits/gravey Saturday morning, same as last time. I also was happy with the way that the buritos turned out at Whittington. So I will repeat that too, maybe for Friday night.

We need some people to step up and volunteer to provide and cook a meal for Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Someone made a kind of pizza in the pot meal last time and it looked kind of funky, but it tasted great.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

KC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by campcreek66
Packer Gulch, just west of Tarrall Resevoir is a great spot!

campcreek:

I don't think we're set on any one place yet except the general area somewhere near Tarryall. The spot that WyColoCowboy suggested is about a mile west of Packer Gulch. We'll check out both spots and maybe some more.

KC

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
wow, that area looks dry!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Is this an "open" event or via invitation only?

IC B3

KC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Frank:

This event is open to everyone. I'm surprised that you didn't see it earlier. Looks like we are going to have a couple dozen participants. We still have a couple of months before the event so that may grow.

Are you coming?

KC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gonna be a blast!

KC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
wow, that area looks dry!

dogcatcher:

Things dry out pretty quickly. You know there was a few inches of snow on the ground a week or so before WyColoCowboy took the photos. There was probably some mud and maybe still snow in the shadows then. But I bet it will be pretty dry when we get there.

KC

KC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Updated list of people who have indicated interest in attending.

KC
K Salonek
remfak
WyColoCowboy
bcolorado
Creek Warrior
Tracks
achadwick
pumpgun
Bighorn
FieldGrade
huntsman
Jesse James
colorado bob
colodog
CCCC
duck911
RI07
dogcatcher223
fmajor
foxtrot
leftyarbon
campcreek66

exbiologist (?)
supercrewd (?)
Taylorce (?)
Alamosa (?)

Remember family and friends are welcome.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by KC
Frank:

This event is open to everyone. I'm surprised that you didn't see it earlier. Looks like we are going to have a couple dozen participants. We still have a couple of months before the event so that may grow.

Are you coming?

KC

Hi KC -

I don't usually read this part of the Campfire so I didn't see it until recently.

Yes, I'd like to come - sounds like a great time. I've been swamped with work otherwise I'd invite myself over to your house for another 'cold one'! I still can't get over your fantastic trophies - my kids would go crazy!

Anyway, thanks for the clarification/invitation - I'm in! (presuming I'm not closing a stack of transactions... which is not a bad thing either!)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was looking forward to being up there with you all and meeting some new and fine Campfire folks, and seeing some of that beautiful country - BUT - you fellas chose the one impossible weekend. My oldest grandson is graduating at that time - a somewhat higher priority.

May I take a rain check? I hope that you do this again, and will be watching for it.

CCCC

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Would sure like to make it up and meet some of this crowd, but have a new granddaughter due to make her grand entrance about that time. Since I'm clear in the far corner of Kansas I'll have to take a raincheck for another time. You guys have fun!

KC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Updated list of people who have indicated interest in attending.

KC
K Salonek
remfak
WyColoCowboy
bcolorado
Creek Warrior
Tracks
achadwick
pumpgun
Bighorn
FieldGrade
huntsman
Jesse James
colorado bob
colodog
duck911
RI07
dogcatcher223
fmajor
foxtrot
leftyarbon
campcreek66
huntsonora

exbiologist (?)
supercrewd (?)
Taylorce (?)
Alamosa (?)

Remember family and friends are welcome.

KC Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
CCCC:

Too bad. Maybe next time.

KC

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

688 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 64 invisible), 3,024 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,618
Posts18,492,662
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.