Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
At a hastily organized news conference today, the national president of the NAACP asserted that images of two of the presidents honored on Mount Rushmore, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, are "offensive and hurtful."

National NAACP president Rev. William Barber claimed that he was shocked Friday when he was shown a picture of the monument. Upon researching the memorial's history on Wikipedia, he discovered what he described as "disturbing truths" that require the site's "total demolition." Both former presidents were slaveowners.

One historian who disagrees is Civil War historian Kevin M. Levin. "I sympathize with Reverend Barber, and normally I do not disagree with black people, especially those who are bigger than me. But as a student of history, I think we need to appreciate Mount Rushmore in its historical context."

These arguments have not changed Barber's mind. "He is right that it has a historical context," Barber said. "But what is that history? The history of racism. The history of lynchings. The history of death. The history of slavery. If you say that shouldn't be offensive, then either you don't know the history, or you are denying the history."

When asked why the images of Lincoln and Roosevelt should suffer the same fate, Barber laughed. "They've been hangin' with George and Tom too long to be innocent. They had their chance."

April 1, sucka's

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
offensive and hurtful

Too bad.

1Minute
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
April fools...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This is too precious....

If it werent for at least Lincoln that dude would be cleaning out a horse stable somewhere...if he were lucky.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
two of the presidents honored on Mount Rushmore, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, are "offensive and hurtful."

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think someone should sculpt a likeness of Obama on black stone.

Then toss it up in the air and hit it with a baseball bat

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, April Fools. They would never destroy Rushmore because of all the treasure stored in the tunnels behind the faces. You saw the movie, didn't you? And the tunnels lead to Warehouse 13. The town of Eureka is in South Dakota too (eurekasd.com) though they say it's in Oregon. Ties in with the Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory at the old Homestake Gold Mine for experiments on dark matter and neutrinos. South Dakota is America's well kept science and technology secret. All the pheasants are to distract you.

(The Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory project is for real anyway. The pheasants too.)

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Microscopic dark matter?
In between the ears of NAACP perhaps?

Tell these bastards take their America hating history hating asses back to africa and carve their own damn mountain.
And when they're done don't bother telling us about it because we don't give a chit. Jump off top of the son of a bitch and feed the buzzards for all I care.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't be possible to carve a large likeness of Obama.
The ears would break off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
^ Take a big damn chunk of coal for sure!

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Emancipation Proclamation ONLY freed slaves in the 'rebellious states' south of Mason-Dixon! It did not apply to slaves in the loyal border states!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My dog just "birthed" a likeness of Obie
Talented bas-turd, did it without looking

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Like the fact the Rev just found out about Mt Rushmore DFN

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another dumb ass black who needs to be taken to the top of Rushmore and tossed off .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'd be in favor of dynamiting Lincoln and Teddy off, but not Jefferson and Washington.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are a dumbass

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Somebody could get up there and chisel Lincoln loose, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll never understand why they have a likeness of the man who destroyed the country next to the likeness of two men who created it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blacks are brain dead race that only have the color of their skin to do the thinking or lack of in most cases.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Yes, April Fools. They would never destroy Rushmore because of all the treasure stored in the tunnels behind the faces. You saw the movie, didn't you? And the tunnels lead to Warehouse 13. The town of Eureka is in South Dakota too (eurekasd.com) though they say it's in Oregon. Ties in with the Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory at the old Homestake Gold Mine for experiments on dark matter and neutrinos. South Dakota is America's well kept science and technology secret. All the pheasants are to distract you.

(The Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory project is for real anyway. The pheasants too.)

Sshhhhhh don't tell everyone. whistle

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have always been under the impression that Lincoln fulfilled his oath of office by doing everything within his power to preserve the Union. What more could he have done to meet his obligations?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.