B
I think the NAACP is offensive.....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by benchman

What does it [naacp] stand for, North American Apes Coons Possums?

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

I googled it, 'national association for the advancement of colored people'

Hey, that's [bleep] prejudice. crazy smirk

Gunner

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Gunner

I googled it, 'national association for the advancement of colored people'

Hey, that's [bleep] prejudice. crazy smirk

Gunner
Damned right. If white folks wanted their help in advancing themselves, they'd shut the door on them just because of the color of their skin?? They must be bigots.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
This chitcan outfit must be bleeding 'acorn' blood. sick

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Rush always sez:

'national association for the advancement of liberal colored people'

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm proud of my ancestors who fought for the Union and who served in Lincoln's Cabinet, just as many here are proud of their ancestors who fought for the Confederacy. We'll have to agree to disagree on the rest, but it really seems to be a moot point to argue the righteousness of the cause, either for or against secession, nearly 150 years after the outcome was decided on the field of battle.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
True enough, I guess,...but a wise man once said, "The Truth Will Set You Free",...and Lincoln demonstrated that the truth is,..you're not free.

It's detrimental to the long term well being of Americans to believe that they are.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well hells bells, northern dave got it right on p.1. There!

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
^ Take a big damn chunk of coal for sure!

Find the finest sculptor and have him do a perfect image of the "O"
on a 6" piece of coal and embed in the mountain, it would be proportionate to his contribution to the advancement of the country.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
2 pages on April Fools day....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
NAACP stands for, negros are actually colored poloks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gunner

Primates.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I'm proud of my ancestors who fought for the Union and who served in Lincoln's Cabinet, just as many here are proud of their ancestors who fought for the Confederacy. We'll have to agree to disagree on the rest, but it really seems to be a moot point to argue the righteousness of the cause, either for or against secession, nearly 150 years after the outcome was decided on the field of battle.

You might have missed the thread the other day.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7605814/1

Here's an exerted portion of the article linked in the thread.

This particular part of it is about descent into barbarism.
It's true, too.
We're sitting at the precipice of a new dark age, looking into the chasm and swinging our feet like a bunch of damned dumb kids.

Former "peace officers" dress and act like military occupiers. Violence in families and communities may increase as government promoted violence and efforts to counter it become common in society. Religious organizations change their philosophies to fit the warlike values of their many members that work for the police state or the military. Books, movies, and games become dark and war-centered rather than celebrating the happiness and excitement of productive pursuits or family and social activities.

Children want to honor their parents� endeavors so they learn to revere their parents� police-state and war-related professions when those professions become prevalent in society. The participation of ancestors in World War I, World War II, Korea, or Vietnam has resulted in a reverence for those wars in the minds of many, regardless of the basis for those wars. They don�t want to think that their parents would be associated with something bad. Murray Rothbard insightfully commented about "tradition" in The Anatamoy of the State, saying, "Worship of one's ancestors, then, becomes a none too subtle means of worship of one's ancient rulers." War on substances, just like war on anything has blowback and unintended consequences that affect society as a whole.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
[quote=ConradCA]

That what they teach in Kalifornia schools now?

Yes.
Many others, too.

Lysander Spooner had the best grip on the whole rotten mess of any I've encountered. Here's a portion quoted below.
And a link to Part XIX of the treatise he wrote.
From there you can find "The Constitution of No Authority" in its entirety. It is very well worth the read.
Especially to all who think they got a good handle on things... (translation: Reciters of propaganda who have no fricken clue what they're talking about.)

Here's a short, taken out for the lazy who won't even bother with what's in the box below, let alone Part XIX, let alone the whole thing.

"If their object had really been to abolish slavery, or maintain liberty or justice generally, they had only to say: All, whether white or black, who want the protection of this government, shall have it; and all who do not want it, will be left in peace, so long as they leave us in peace. Had they said this, slavery would necessarily have been abolished at once; the war would have been saved; and a thousand times nobler union than we have ever had would have been the result."

http://www.hiscovenantministries.org/mans_law/no_authority_19.htm

The pretense that the "abolition of slavery" was either a motive or justification for the war, is a fraud of the same character with that of "maintaining the national honor." Who, but such usurpers, robbers, and murderers as they, ever established slavery? Or what government, except one resting upon the sword, like the one we now have, was ever capable of maintaining slavery? And why did these men abolish slavery? Not from any love of liberty in general -- not as an act of justice to the black man himself, but only "as a war measure," and because they wanted his assistance, and that of his friends, in carrying on the war they had undertaken for maintaining and intensifying that political, commercial, and industrial slavery, to which they have subjected the great body of the people, both black and white. And yet these imposters now cry out that they have abolished the chattel slavery of the black man -- although that was not the motive of the war -- as if they thought they could thereby conceal, atone for, or justify that other slavery which they were fighting to perpetuate, and to render more rigorous and inexorable than it ever was before. There was no difference of principle -- but only of degree -- between the slavery they boast they have abolished, and the slavery they were fighting to preserve; for all restraints upon men's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree.

If their object had really been to abolish slavery, or maintain liberty or justice generally, they had only to say: All, whether white or black, who want the protection of this government, shall have it; and all who do not want it, will be left in peace, so long as they leave us in peace. Had they said this, slavery would necessarily have been abolished at once; the war would have been saved; and a thousand times nobler union than we have ever had would have been the result. It would have been a voluntary union of free men; such a union as will one day exist among all men, the world over, if the several nations, so called, shall ever get rid of the usurpers, robbers, and murderers, called governments, that now plunder, enslave, and destroy them.

Still another of the frauds of these men is, that they are now establishing, and that the war was designed to establish, "a government of consent." The only idea they have ever manifested as to what is a government of consent, is this -- that it is one to which everybody must consent, or be shot. This idea was the dominant one on which the war was carried on; and it is the dominant one, now that we have got what is called "peace."

Their pretenses that they have "Saved the Country," and "Preserved our Glorious Union," are frauds like all the rest of their pretenses. By them they mean simply that they have subjugated, and maintained their power over, an unwilling people. This they call "Saving the Country"; as if an enslaved and subjugated people -- or as if any people kept in subjection by the sword (as it is intended that all of us shall be hereafter) -- could be said to have any country. This, too, they call "Preserving our Glorious Union"; as if there could be said to be any Union, glorious or inglorious, that was not voluntary. Or as if there could be said to be any union between masters and slaves; between those who conquer, and those who are subjugated.

Last edited by Archerhunter; 04/02/13.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
At a hastily organized news conference today, the national president of the NAACP asserted that images of two of the presidents honored on Mount Rushmore, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, are "offensive and hurtful."

National NAACP president Rev. William Barber claimed that he was shocked Friday when he was shown a picture of the monument. Upon researching the memorial's history on Wikipedia, he discovered what he described as "disturbing truths" that require the site's "total demolition." Both former presidents were slaveowners.

One historian who disagrees is Civil War historian Kevin M. Levin. "I sympathize with Reverend Barber, and normally I do not disagree with black people, especially those who are bigger than me. But as a student of history, I think we need to appreciate Mount Rushmore in its historical context."

These arguments have not changed Barber's mind. "He is right that it has a historical context," Barber said. "But what is that history? The history of racism. The history of lynchings. The history of death. The history of slavery. If you say that shouldn't be offensive, then either you don't know the history, or you are denying the history."

When asked why the images of Lincoln and Roosevelt should suffer the same fate, Barber laughed. "They've been hangin' with George and Tom too long to be innocent. They had their chance."

April 1, sucka's

US History is what it is; flaws and all. Our history of racism is a black mark (no pun intended) on all of America; but that�s just our history. Washington and Jefferson were both slave owners who did truly great things for our nation. I thank them for their sacrifices and the innovation that made our nation what it is. And at the same time, I condemn their racism and their ownership of slaves. Jefferson was a great man who did so much for this nation and we truly wouldn�t be the same nation without him. Yet, he was the ultimate hypocrite and even fathered a child with one of his slaves which could even be seen as rape.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Washington and Jefferson were both slave owners ... I condemn their racism and their ownership of slaves.

As the direct descendant of slaves (okay, they were called serfs, but they were slaves), I have a politically correct point of view about these things, and I have to tell you, I have forgiven both Washington and Jefferson for owning slaves.

Completely, and utterly without reservation.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How is it we have to wait for perfection to appreciate someone's contributions?

I wonder if the good Rev is qualified to cast the first stone.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My great Grandfather was a slave owner.
I hear he was a nice guy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Lincoln was fighting to maintain control of people who didn't want to be under his control.

I don't think people who maintain control of people who didn't want to be under their control have any right to complain when others impose control over them. What? People who enslave others are hypocritical to claim their own rights were violated when anything up to slavery is impose on them.

Had the slaves rebelled and overthrew their masters they would be comparable to the colonists who overthrew the King of England. Of course, the colonists might have lost if not for the help of France. Likewise, the slaves needed the help of the union.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,082
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.