Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Was there for this, took a long lunch.
They spoke at a park in Denver just before obam did his thing elsewhere.

The Sheriffs that were there are real stand up folks.

El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa joins 16 other Colorado Sheriffs to speak out against current gun control measures from a park near the State Capitol in Denver. This was done to bring balance and truth while President Obama lobbied for Federal Gun Control in Denver.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That mas stood up and tole the truth. I am glad you guys have him on your side.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He's a good man that enjoys life and the truth.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
many folks are concerned that more Sheriffs are going to come under attack as the population continues to be centered around the big cities.

i hope it all works out, and it will if we can educate the populance in time.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Very well done. I'm glad he's on my side.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good Sheriff right there!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good man you have there bcolorado

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
except I deal with the Arap. Adams, sheriffs, and Denver and Aurora police for the most part. They all are just champing at the bit to have more gun laws to enforce.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Great to see honest LEO's stand up to Barry's mad dream of gun confiscation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I hate to say this but how long will this Patriot keep his job

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
We have a strong grass roots action started involving a lot of really good folks from many walks of life.

We need to make the message of freedom palatable to the masses.

Kind of ironic... just finished reading 1776 by David McCullough.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sadly, the big O got about 90% of the press coverage though. I did feel sorry for the academy folks that were trapped in the back ground.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/04/13.

1Minute
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I noticed the date on the story this linked to is 01 April and also the link in the story that was also included is 01 April. I think this is an April Fool's prank. Not the original post, but just the above referenced link.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I noticed the date on the story this linked to is 01 April and also the link in the story that was also included is 01 April. I think this is an April Fool's prank. Not the original post, but just the above referenced link.

Yep obama's just foolin around. Especially in these ol redneck states.

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...257AEE0054A84C?open&file=013_rer.pdf

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Yep obama's just foolin around. Especially in these ol redneck states.

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...257AEE0054A84C?open&file=013_rer.pdf

My first thought was that this was an over reaction to what seems to be a bit of non-issue legislation. I then went back and carefully re-read the legislation. While I think it might would be a streach, I can see how a state official could possibly use Federal Agents to enforce Colorado law. I have no doubt that Obummer would be eager to offer all of the BATF, DHS, etc. Agents needed to assist enforcement of Colorado state anti-gun laws.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And what are your thoughts regarding the sheriffs who said they will not enforce these unconstitutional gun laws?

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwy...nforce-unconstitutional-gun-control-laws

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm pretty sure bammy's boys can play all they want to in denver, but outside of that they may find themselves surrounded grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
outstanding speech that sheriff gave

thank you for posting it and sharing it with the rest of us.

how much play do you think it will get on MSNBC?

fing liberals anyway. Yes let's endeavor to turn every city into the shining examples set by Chicago and Wash. DC bwahahaha

liberals are soooo freaking stupid, even when the handwriting is upon the wall they can't read it.

we already have cities that have very strict gun control, and what do they have????? some of the highest murder and crime rates in the whole country

Europe is going broke, cause they tax too much and provide too much for those that produce very little.

so what do USA liberals want for our country? Hey let's be more like Europe! bwhahahahaha

stupid liberals

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by watch4bear
And what are your thoughts regarding the sheriffs who said they will not enforce these unconstitutional gun laws?

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwy...nforce-unconstitutional-gun-control-laws

I am a believer in Constitutional government as designed by the founders and described by the U.S. Constitution of 1789. The Constitution affirms specific rights of all citizens and specifically limits any national government. It plainly specifies that all powers not therein specifically delegated to the Federal government are reserved by the individual states. Federal authorities have no right or authority to enforce state laws unless granted that authority by a state, such as what this proposed new Colorado legislation would enable.

As to the question of can state and local law enforcement agencies be forced to enforce Federal law or not is a darn good question. To me this comes under the argument of the percieved right of nullification that was espoused by John Calhoun of South Carolina in the 1840s(?). Nullification was the beleif that if a state declared a Federal law unjust and disagreeable, they could declare it unenforceable within their state. This had to do with huge Federal export tariffs on cotton exports passed by majority legislators from non-cotton producing states. Not to get off on another subject here, but this nearly caused the secession of South Carolina and other cotton exporting states then. As we all know this same issue again resurfaced in 1860. That period of unpleasantness was ended at the point of a bayonet towards those that took a stand for the Constitutional rights of the states as guaranteed by the Constitution and the intention of the founders. Former President Jefferson Davis in his latter years publicly lamented that the issues that led to seccession have never been resolved and predicted that they would again in time need to be addressed. Needless to say, he was obviously not referring to slavery. He was right,the issue of Federal authority is coming to the forefront again. Frankly, I think that a lot of what the Federal government does is beyond constitutional authority, but we could spend all week hashing that out.

The U.S. Constitution is very plain in that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The Supreme Court has actually affirmed that this is what it says and it is an individual right, not limited to an organized military force. A condition of statehood for any geographical region is that the citizens thereof agree to abide by the Constitution of the U.S. Hence, the State of Colorado, and all other states, accepted the provisions of the U.S. Constitution as law as in place at the time of their admission into the union which includes the Second Amendment. It would appear to me that these sheriffs are upholding their oath of office and their sworn duty to the citizens of their respective counties by refusing to enforce any law contary to the U.S. Constitution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

466 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 59 invisible), 2,862 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,376
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.