Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I carry 1911 IWB, on the hip just a little behind the hip bone and tilted to the front.

you always have the option of eating a whole bunch of ice cream and grow yer azz a little. smile

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fobus paddle and a light shirt or vest. Could care less if someone accidently sees it.. we are an open carry state.

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

I've looked hard at these and came close to pulling the trigger (so to speak) but it sure seems to me it would be a better design if they moved the clip off the profile of the handgun and holster and put two of them on fore and aft of the the kydex part of the holster.

the padding certainly has merit, but to my way of thinking you're taking the thickest part of what you want concealed (the handgun) making it a bit thicker with the holster (unavoidable) and then making it thicker still by putting a single solitary clip on top of all that thickness (completely avoidable if they'd employ a two clip system like Crossbreed does)

since you actually "love" this holster, are my concerns unwarranted in your actual experience?

To be honest, I kinda wondered about the clip placement as well, and about how well just one clip would work. I also wondered if the padding would make it thicker than necessary. But, I decided to give it a try anyway.

Now, I haven't compared the thickness of the holster to one of my CB Supertucks, or to the VMII that I have for the same pistol (but, I will do that tonight). I'm just going off of comfort, the holster staying "put" throughout the day, and ease of draw and re-holster. I can't tell a perceptible difference in the thickness of the holster while wearing it in comparison to the other brands I have. I've worn it both with a dress shirt tucked in around it, and with a t-shirt hanging loose over it. Even during a recent warm day (in the 80's) in which I was very active outside, it stayed put and didn't shift around on me. And, it didn't get hot either (I wondered about that with the type of backing/padding it has).

The draw is a little different than I am used to with my other holsters. It actually locks the pistol into place, and you have to grab the grip and give it a slight twist towards your hip to remove it from the holster. But, with a little practice, it is effortless.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
ruger lcp in my pants pocket (on warm days). glock 36 in a serpa during "coat" weather.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LCP with a belt clip for summer carry in shorts and a tank top.

Beretta 92 in a Bulldog leather summer special IWB most of the time.

Sometimes switch off to a Kahr P9 in a DeSantis IWB.
(need to get a Bulldog leather Summer Special for it also)

Virgil B.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IWB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

J Frame 38 in front pocket with a leather pocket holster. Speed strip in other pocket.

I also have a SW MP9C that I have a bianci allusion IWB holster for, but I need a better belt before I can start carrying that regularly.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ryan, thanks so much for that review, tis appreciated.

guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try one. though I still think they'd be better served with two clips than the one shocked blush

understand what you're saying about the draw movement, but IIRC that's with their "pro" version designed for retention. I'm thinking their original holster is just a straight pull out and since it's a bit cheaper probably what I will try. Just afraid after this many years it might be hard to teach the old dog new tricks.

if you wore it with a dress shirt and in 80 degree weather and still love the danged thing that's a pretty ringing endorsement.

have found that Crossbreeds can move some, of course using a good belt is paramount for any type CCW endeavor.

good thread, much appreciated for all the insight and suggestions.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Randy, feel free to email them about the suggestion for two clips.

I did the same not too long ago but my email was about doing a clip that is similar to the Crossbreed V-clips for an even more concealable option.

They emailed me back that very same day and thanked me for the suggestion and said that they are looking into more options for their clips.

They seem quite open to suggestions. Maybe you should drop them a line. smile

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NH Hunter

J Frame 38 in front pocket with a leather pocket holster. Speed strip in other pocket.

I also have a SW MP9C that I have a bianci allusion IWB holster for, but I need a better belt before I can start carrying that regularly.

For the S&W "J" Frame it looks something like this:

[Linked Image]

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now that summer is almost here, my LCP goes into a Holster Pro Wallet hoster. My Taurus 357 goes in the front in Thunderwear.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
I have no problems in the winter but come summer time I struggle.

What are you normally wearing in the summer when you're out and about? Working and not working?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Ryan, thanks so much for that review, tis appreciated.

guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try one. though I still think they'd be better served with two clips than the one shocked blush

understand what you're saying about the draw movement, but IIRC that's with their "pro" version designed for retention. I'm thinking their original holster is just a straight pull out and since it's a bit cheaper probably what I will try. Just afraid after this many years it might be hard to teach the old dog new tricks.

if you wore it with a dress shirt and in 80 degree weather and still love the danged thing that's a pretty ringing endorsement.

have found that Crossbreeds can move some, of course using a good belt is paramount for any type CCW endeavor.

good thread, much appreciated for all the insight and suggestions.

Sure thing. Now, keep in mind that I am using it with a small framed, lighter weight pistol. I'm not sure about how well it would work with a heavier full-size frame pistol (with one clip on the holster). And, different body shapes might make a difference in what style of holster you find comfortable.

If you're looking at the cheaper version, I don't believe that you can tuck in your shirt with the style of clip that version uses.

Oh, and we'll see about how I feel on "how hot it gets" when we're in the 100's here this summer eek

Last edited by RyanTX; 04/04/13.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
2legit - here's another thread on the N82 holster that was over in the Handgun forum to give you another perspective than just mine.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../My_NEW_favorite_IWB_holster#Post7559286

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks again Ryan, sure appreciate it

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My Glock 26 rides with a forward cant on my strong side at 5 o'clock in a Comp-Tac C-Tac tuckable IWB holster. I'll wear both a belt and suspenders. If it's chilly, I generally wear a fleece vest so I don't tuck it or the tuckable IWB mag carrier on my weak side. Once it warms up or I'm otherwise not wearing some sort of vest or jacket, I'll tuck 'em both.

I find the C-Tac kydex holster quite comfortable but I'm always wearing a T-shirt and rarely go "commando" so the kydex is not against my skin. I think you can get it with a moleskin backing or add your own if need be. Comp-Tac also has an hybrid IWB holster, kydex on leather.

If I'm going shorts or some such hot weather wear I will often put a pocket-holstered Keltec P3AT in my front pocket in lieu of the G26.

Neither one is the best in a vehicle, though the IWB is not too bad to get to. For long distance driving I'm considering a vehicle mounted holster. I guess I could try out the shoulder holster I got a while back for wading and fishing (fly fishing vest covers it perfectly) under a covering garment for in-car carry as well.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In waist band cross draw. No holster a spring steel clip on the frame of my P3AT. Wear shirt untucked. If I absolutely have to wear tucked just tuck shallow and fold loose shirt over top of pistol. A short strip of stick on hook and loup material you can buy at a fabric shop takes care of the shirt riding up and exposing the pistol.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to have a nice little Sig P238, .380 auto that I carried in a pocket holster. Dang thing fell overboard in an unfortunate canoe accident, along will all my other guns. Blasted canoes can be really tricky. frown

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't believe in .380

Take a look at RBCD ammo: http://rbcd.net/
They claim 1,800 feet per second.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carry a tomcat in my front pocket most of the time. Other wise I carry on my hip. Never liked the small of my back. That's a good way to end up with s broken back.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,826
Posts18,516,834
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.