Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
So I need to get a "company card" for travel and entertainment expenses for work. Thinking that a "rewards" type of card might allow me to get some extra goodies during the year. Have any of you used the cabelas or Sportsmans Warehouse cards?

Thoughts on which one is easier to use?

Thanks for your help. I really hate using a credit card,but I have to for work, with the advantage of not having to pay for all the stuff bought with it

FH

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cabelas....I have accumulated and redeemed many points over the years I have had it. Never carried a balance.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Get a Mariott or other card. You can change the points for Cabelas, Bass Pro, Browning, other gift cards, Lowes and Home depot, electronic stores, etc.
Cabelas very generous with points needed.

Just check what you can exchange for.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cabela's, I've had theirs since they started it, excellent company to deal with if you have any problems. They'll contact you if a big charge looks suspicious. Easy to reach on the phone if you have a question. I've been very succussful with them taking off my account a charge I disputed.
I like their products and have no problem spending the points I earn.
I had an emergency with my son who was in Australia, they added him to my account and had a card sent to him in less than a week.

"The older I get, the better I was"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Cabelas

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cabelas!

When you have a question or problem just give em a call.....you get an English speaking person in Lincoln, Nebraska......worth a lot to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK
Cabelas!

When you have a question or problem just give em a call.....you get an English speaking person in Lincoln, Nebraska......worth a lot to me.

^^^^^^

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eh76
Cabelas....I have accumulated and redeemed many points over the years I have had it. Never carried a balance.

This right there.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Not to rain on your parade, but is it a company card or your card and they reimburse you for your expenses? It makes a big difference. If it is your card, you have to pay it, and hope the company pays you. I know a lot of guys here will say it's no big deal, but is the bottom drops out of the company, it will be a big deal. Regardless of the "points" that are given, you should take into consideration the risk involved in spending your money for the company. A good company will supply you with a card. If they don't trust you with one, then can they be trusted? Just my take on this. It sounds like Cabelas gets good marks.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cabelas!

+1

This being the main reason I do 95% of my credit card charges with Cabelas. The couple of times I had a problem; it was resolved quickly. By a very pleasent person that spoke American

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 222Sako
Cabelas!

+1

This being the main reason I do 95% of my credit card charges with Cabelas. The couple of times I had a problem; it was resolved quickly. By a very pleasent person that spoke American

another +1. Had mine since they started doing them. Never a problem...

F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Thank you! Jeff my company is set up with the concur expense reporting program and we send in our reports weekly. The payment is made back to us every other Friday directly into our accounts. Very reputable company that has been in business for over 75 years. All outside sales people use this same way of being reimbursed. I am confident in them.

FH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

55 members (blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 6mmbrfan, 9 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,556
Posts18,510,431
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.