Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Anybody have any opinions on a Hoyt Charger bow? I am thinking about buying one.

What about the quality of the bow package accessories?

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you like shooting sub 35" ATA bows its a good bow. Personally to me there is no reason to go sub 35" ATA.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great bow hoyt has done a great job of making their mid priced bow shoot just as nice as the 1400 dollar carbon bow

Think i need a bigger gun
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Gonna pick the Charger up tomorrow after work. For $659 for the whole bow and accessories package, I figure I can't do too bad.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You will be happy with it!! My buddy and team member just bought one and he loves it:) I just recently purchased a leftover 2012
Hoyt Rampage xt and I believe that's what they replaced with the charger and it is awsome;) great bows!! Paul

Check out our Hunting/filming team on Facebook and give us a "like"!! www.facebook.com/UpATreeOutdoors - thanks!

Last edited by cnyarcher; 04/14/13.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought one a couple months ago. Sweet shooting machine. I have the Hoyt 2 piece quiver and Hoyt sight on mine. I have not shot it that much as I prefer my Traditional Bows most days.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
I like it very much for the price.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like it very much no matter the price! Funny how guys think they need to spend $1000 to get a 'good' bow.........I shot them all when I bought my Charger. I like the Mathews Monster but they have a top heavy feel to me. I shot the full hoyt line and honestly could not feel any difference in the Charger and Spiders or Carbon bows. About the only place the diffence was apparent was in the price tag. Could outfit the whole family with chargers for one carbon bow.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The Carbon, Spider, and Charger are all very similar bows but they are not the complete hoyt hunting bow line up. Not everyone gets the feel of the difference. For instance I am no golfer so all the clubs pretty much feel the same to me. Where a guy that play golf and is a golfer can surely tell the difference in clubs.

You are correct price doesn't make or break a bow.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 04/26/13.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been shooting Hoyts for 30 years now - that Charger is one heck of a bow for 1/2 to 1/3 the price of thier high end bows. I got to shoot the whole lot of new Hoyts earlier this year when the rep came by my local shop. My money went to the Charger and not because I could not afford the others, but because they did not come close to the value in my mind. No excuses from me that is a damn nice bow and it really took something spectacular bump my old Ultratec from the #1 spot. My golf clubs are McGreggor or something, in the basement somewhere - who cares!

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have over 30 years shooting Hoyt bows as well. Nobody is saying that the Charger isn't a good bow. But if you can't feel the difference between a Charger, Carbon, or spider then well you don't have the feel! Now add in the Vector, Tribute, and ProHawk to round out the line up and well I'll just say if they all feel the same to you then you really don't have that much experiance as you think you do. I know guys with only 10 years experiance that have many many more arrows downrange then a lot of high volume shooters with 15 to 20 years experiance. So time is really relative to arrows not years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have enough experience to know how to spell experience and also know when a bow shoots and feels nice. The geometry between the 3 is nearly identical as are the limbs, cams (slightly different Charger cam) etc. The difference is in the cost of a cast riser vs hand lay-ups on the carbon and an expensive block of aluminum that take a lot of machine work. FWIW I average 56X 300 on the NFAA round, 50+ with the Charger.

Last edited by centershot; 04/28/13.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by centershot
I have enough experience to know how to spell experience and also know when a bow shoots and feels nice. The geometry between the 3 is nearly identical as are the limbs, cams (slightly different Charger cam) etc. The difference is in the cost of a cast riser vs hand lay-ups on the carbon and an expensive block of aluminum that take a lot of machine work. FWIW I average 56X 300 on the NFAA round, 50+ with the Charger.

I bought one a couple months ago. Sweet shooting machine. I have the Hoyt 2 piece quiver and Hoyt sight on mine. I have not shot it that much as I prefer my Traditional Bows most days.

Really? Because your orginal claim is you have not shot it that much!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Really - shot it plenty to know what it and I can do with it. Last weekend I shot 1/3 of a 300 round (20 shots) Scored 100 - 12X - a little off my X average, but not bad considering that was done with carbon arrows, a hunting sight, quiver and stabilizer at 290 fps and that I had not shot it in a month. Then put it away and got out the longbow, which is what I perfer to spend most of my time shooting these days. To the original poster, the Charger is a fine bow and a great value.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,233 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,684
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.