Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by Pete E
First, who says it was a shaped charge? seems early days to establish that..A similar effect had be sen if a "conventional" bomb is detonated near a wall or other hard surface..

If it is a shaped charge, it sounds like they tried to build claymore type devices using shotgun pellets for shrapnel..If that is the case, maybe they bought a batch of shotgun cartridges, and broke them down and used the pellets for shrapnel and the powder for the charge?

Also, I'm still keeping an open mind who is behind this..The Saudi national *may* just have been unlucky like the other victims..

One of the witnesses I saw interviewed last night who was standing 10ft from the explosion described it as a shaped charge, he was not hit. It just seems odd that most of the injuries occured at knee level and below.

Shaped charge? lol. Not hardly. In situations like this, the LAST thing you want is a shaped charge. My guess this was a relatively unsophisticated device.

I have zero expertise in anything related to bombs but my impression is that it wasn't a sophisticated shaped charge. There was as much or even more of the energy that was directed upward rather than outward. A sophisticated shaped charge would have brought almost everyone who was in the path of the charge to the ground and that wasn't case. The smoke would also have blown outward instead of in all directions.

Like I say I'm no expert but I've seen enough FX shows, MythBusters, and explosives used in mining on TV to get some idea.

If I'm wrong ... I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Saw a montage of interviews where one guy said that the smell of sulfur was overwhelming.

Guys here have been saying yellow smoke. I dunno, it sure looked like black powder smoke to me.

You can see yellow slightly orange tinted boiling balls of smoke or possibly a yellow orangish fireball but the predominate smoke/residue was white. But ...

I don't know enough to guess what caused it.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
"...the full weight of justice (unless they don't want to shave their beard)"

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
"...the full weight of justice "

just like Nidal, Fast & Furious, Benghazi......................

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Completely empty words from a completely empty suit.

Something clever here.

IC B2

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I really hope I am wrong about my opinion, but here it is. I think this was domestic. Tax day and Patriot day. If this does legitimately turn out to be domestic terrorism, and it turns out to be some far right fringe tax hater, we will be surely [bleep]. I really hope I am wrong, but.....

Just because no one has claimed responsibility yet has me concerned it isn't A-Q.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A very valid point and unfortunatley there is precedent. The other side of the coin would be domestic, home-grown muslim terrorists.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Maybe Obama will consult with Jay Z on what to do.

What a freakin joke we have in the white house.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
From the latest press conference:

BOSTON � Authorities searched the suburban Boston apartment of a �person of interest� in connection with the marathon bombings, as officials said on Tuesday that there were only two explosive devices and urged the public to share photos and videos from the scene to aid the investigation.
At a press conference Tuesday morning, government and law enforcement officials dismissed rumors and reports that multiple explosive devices had been found in the wake of powerful twin blasts at the Boston Marathon that injured between 150 and 176 people � 17 critically � and killed three, including an 8-year-old boy who came to watch his father run.
�It�s important to clarify that two, and only two, explosive devices were found yesterday,� Gov. Deval Patrick (D-Mass.) said at the press briefing. �All other parcels in the area of the blast have been examined, but there are no unexploded bombs, there were no unexploded explosive devices found.�

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...son-of-interest-90125.html#ixzz2QdpHVuuF

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Kerry meeting abruptly closed

By JOSH GERSTEIN |
4/16/13 10:40 AM EDT
A meeting Secretary of State John Kerry was to hold with Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Saud Al-Faisal was abruptly closed to press coverage Tuesday morning.
The State Department provided no reason for the change, which was announced just 15 minutes before the scheduled 10 A.M. session, but media reports have said that a Saudi national in the U.S. on a student visa is a "person of interest" to investigators probing the bombings at the Boston Marathon on Monday.
The person being investigated was badly injured in the attack, sources said.
"Apologies for short notice," the State Department's press office told reporters as it announced the change. A spokesperson did not immediately respond to a query about the closure of the meeting, which had been scheduled to include a so-called "camera spray" at the top of the session

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...son-of-interest-90125.html#ixzz2QdpHVuuF

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: What strikes me is part of the reason for the psychological shock is that if you think about it, Bret, this is the first successful bombing -- terror explosion since 9/11. We've had some that were attempted, like the one in Times Square that never succeeded.

We've had by my count, about ten terrorist attacks in the U.S. since 9/11, all of them have been shootings with one exception, which is a man who drove a car into a crowd at University of North Carolina. But this is the first explosion. I think that's what gives this the sort of psychological resonance. People running in the street of a big city, the smoke. Of course, it's nowhere near the scale of 9/11, but it's the first time.

And I think that is sort of a historical echo that we're feeling and it reminds us of how vulnerable we felt at the beginning of this whole decade of terror. And that even though, we thought that we had largely escaped, and we have largely escaped, it is still out there. (Special Report, April 15, 2013)

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BLG
Just because no one has claimed responsibility yet has me concerned it isn't A-Q.

Clyde

Al Quaeda didn't jump up and claim responsibility for 9/11 immediately either. The fact that it was civilians rather than any gov't entity that was targeted leads me to suspect it had nothing to do with "tax day" or "patriot day" and was due to foreign terrorists, but that's by no means certain.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
The fact that it was civilians rather than any gov't entity that was targeted leads me to suspect it had nothing to do with "tax day" or "patriot day" and was due to foreign terrorists, but that's by no means certain.

That�s what my gut tells me, but who knows?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BLG
I really hope I am wrong about my opinion, but here it is. I think this was domestic. Tax day and Patriot day. If this does legitimately turn out to be domestic terrorism, and it turns out to be some far right fringe tax hater, we will be surely [bleep]. I really hope I am wrong, but.....

Originally Posted by jorgeI
A very valid point and unfortunatley there is precedent. The other side of the coin would be domestic, home-grown muslim terrorists.

I have the inkling that whoever did it wasn't sent here from overseas. Beyond that I have no idea.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
They could have killed hundreds....glad the bomb makers skills are amateur at best.

those "little" devices succeeded in mobilizing security procedures in cities far removed from the event and has every marathon committee rethinking the security at their event.

Not to mention tying up the site of the explosions for weeks as the crime scene is processed. Total disruption of daily life in downtown Boston for many days.

ROI was very high for the builder.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was talking with my wife last night, and I mentioned that it will be a person who came to this country when they were young... Then his parents will say (insert name of terrorist) was good boy, we didnt know he was running with (insert group name)

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Obama is going to try furiously to make it not a arab terrorist attack.

The public will outrage when they realize that Obama and Moochelle have been partying in the White House, and meanwhile, the terrorist are back to killing americans.

The bomb did exactly what it was designed to do. To take off limbs. I really really hope that this doesn't became common here in the states.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
I really really hope that this doesn't became common here in the states.

Notwithstanding an isolated domestic origin, many countries are dealing with this stuff all of the time.

Were so busy trying to turn the world into a warm and fuzzy hug fest, and disarming our own people, why would it be any surprise that this is still a way of life for many folks to deal with?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Calvin
Obama is going to try furiously to make it not a arab terrorist attack.

The public will outrage when they realize that Obama and Moochelle have been partying in the White House, and meanwhile, the terrorist are back to killing americans.

The bomb did exactly what it was designed to do. To take off limbs. I really really hope that this doesn't became common here in the states.

His "don't jump to conclusions" line made me sick, nothing more than code for don't blame the Muslims.

He is such an embarrassment.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
AP alert on my phone saying that bombs were made from pressure cookers and ball bearings.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,234
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.