-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just have to remember how knowledgeable the lawmakers are...

"These are ammunition, they're bullets, so the people who have those now, they're going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available,"

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by hwy84
Why can't congress get their at together to protect our children from the mentally ill who buy their guns online!

Why doesn't congress act to protect children from being murdered in the womb???????????

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey guys, sit back, smile and enjoy the moment. Anytime you get to piss off anti-gunners�it�s a good day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AFTERUM
Why can't congress get their at together to protect our children from the mentally ill who buy their guns online!

I keep hearing this and I don't understand....I have bought many guns from online dealers. Every
one (unless they are eligible for a Curio and Relic FFL which I have)has been sent to a local FFL
where I pick it up and fill out the form and the dealer calls to see if I am "ok". I guess they are referring
to Craigs list or something like that where you buy from another individual??
They try to make it sound like you can just click on a gun and have it shipped to you with no records.

Yep, last gun I bought "on the internet" involved shipping to an FFL dealer - just like every other time I've done it. However, this time, since there is no FFL dealer locally, I had to have it shipped to a "nearby" town 50 (70) miles away. It was many weeks after shipping that I was finally able to get over there. Besides the usual expenses involved, there was the matter of fuel to get there and back by boat, a significant item considering 20-30 gallons at around $7/gallon. I'd say the laws (hurdles) we have are adequate. mad

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Guys: please make calls today to those senators that voted for this bill, pound them hard. It can make a huge difference. Just got into an argument with Senator Klobuchar's staff and understand they are getting hit with a number of calls. It's effective.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is Obama REALLY upset about.

It's not the background check per se, he could give a fat rat's ass about that when it come down to it.

He was re-elected with about the same numbers that elected him originally, even in the face of logic which says that with his performance and record as well as the absence of GWB to pick on, the election should have been a dead heat or even a GOP victory.

His triumph emboldened him to push his Leftst agenda as hard and as fast as possible - to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. He has had the GOP on the run and the American public fooled. His opposition was is disarray. With control of the Senate and willing accomplices in the media, he figured he could wreak havoc on the political landscape and remold American society the way he wants it through policy.

This failure on the most benign of all possible gun control measures signals that his momentum is stopped dead cold right now.

That is what he is pissed about. The good times are over. The GOP/NRA still has some fight in them. Th GOP has gotten up off the canvas and is regrouping.

Grass Roots Americans were heard in Washington. People in "fly over" country and "angry white men clinging to guns and the bible" were heard. That frightens him.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I couldn't listen to the whole thing, but I did catch Newtown father Mark Barden state (01:40):

"Expanded background checks wouldn't have saved our loved ones, but still we came to support the bipartisan proposal�"

The irony is that if the Obama and his witless crew had backed legislation that actually would have made a difference it likely would have passed.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This is a super bizarre quote from someone who' 300+ posts here are nearly all in the advertising section selling and trading firearms and accessories.

The posts read like he is a dealer. WTF did this one come from???

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obama would lie his way out of the only honest comment he ever made if he could remember it.

Safariman Mark nailed it. Public opinion doesn't matter, we have a Constitution that determines what's right and wrong. Gun control is wrong, constitutionally. We have legislative processes for changing the law, not public opinion polls.
The concept of a "living document" that can be molded to the whim of the moment is a very dangerous idea, when a person is cognizant that most of the media is owned by an extremely small group of like minded people, who can therefore manipulate public opinion. Oh, duh, and there's always history itself showing the abuse of power by govt's against their peoples.

And finally, Kevin Gibson, the only thing I can remember agreeing with you on, ever- (had to take you off ignore to read it)

Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Hey guys, sit back, smile and enjoy the moment. Anytime you get to piss off anti-gunners�it�s a good day.

Last edited by Fireball2; 04/18/13.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
x10........:)

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Contacted both of my senators. One will listen, and the other; probably not. We have one of the more moderate Democrat senators here in Arkansas, and he STILL almost always goes with his party.

I'm on record that I don't like republicans, but I REALLY don't like Democrats. Party members are party players almost always.

A guy like Mark Pryor represents Arkansas and he's voting for gun control? ReallY? That's representation? That's the problem with party politics...you have to play along with the party.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Bammy was urging 2014 campaigning on the gun control ticket, citing his 90% public popularity number.

Let's hope all the D's do just that.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
90%..sure. Where's the public outrage then?

Sounds like crickets to me.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I thought Harry Reid had an "A" rating from the NRA.

I wonder what his support for this bill will do to ol' Harry?

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i hope folks "keep up the fire" and remeber all these sorry sob's come nov

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot

Harry voted no on the background check bill. I bursted out laughing when I heard it. But how the heck does any democrat score an "A rating" from the NRA. The could only hope to work their way up from being subhuman to a high water mark of an "F rating" by virtue of being a democrat.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot

Harry voted no on the background check bill. I bursted out laughing when I heard it. But how the heck does any democrat score an "A rating" from the NRA. The could only hope to work their way up from being subhuman to a high water mark of an "F rating" by virtue of being a democrat.

But, as the Senate majority leader, couldn't he have kept this POS bill from coming up for a vote in the first place?

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I don't know the rules of the Senate, but he voted no. I think he was telling Obama that the votes weren't there and Obama pressured him to bring it to a vote. What an embarrassment for Obama. He not only didn't listen to Harry, Harry voted no anyway.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Wrong answer. Sorry, Reid voted no only so he could bring it up for a vote again in the future. If the votes were there he would have voted yes.

Call senators today guys, believe me the left is out hustling us on this now based on my phone calls today.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Didn't mean to indicate I knew what the [bleep] I was talking about. I guess my first sentence eluded you.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (06hunter59, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,472
Posts18,529,377
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.