Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
celery Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Part of the defeted Senate bill made it a requirement for internet buyers to get as background check. Since it was defeted, is it wide open for us to sell to each other on the interent with no background check?!? Are happy days here again?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't count on it.

Out of State internet sales will still require that the firearm be transferred through an FFL with the inherent NICS check being performed.

In State sales have never had that requirement.

I don't mind the present system at all.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by GunGeezer

Text:

Dear Friends,

Please be aware that there are what we call �Bloomberg shills� lurking in the comments of gun blogs and forums at present. It has been going on since before the election, and we first noticed it as far back as our January 8th, 2012 article �2nd Amendment Voters Should Vote Ron Paul.� At first it seemed like fun because they got a lively discussion going, and many of our articles have over 400 comments just because of a few anti-gun comments peppered in by a shill here and there. But as more and more of them have come in, we have begun to realize that it is better to delete them. The anti-gunners have a plan, and that plan is to make gun people look stupid, heartless, and separate from the values of mainstream America. A recent �whistleblower� post about the Boston Marathon explosions is especially troubling. If you are part of a gun blog or forum, please don�t allow this post to spread, and beware that more attempts to make 2nd Amendment defenders look bad are coming.

As most of us have come to understand, this crisis has gone far beyond politics. We have seen an unprecedented and sustained attack on not just our guns, but the entire pro-2nd Amendment and avid shooter culture itself. We are being sold to the public as stupid and selfish people who don�t care about the safety of children. I got a forwarded Facebook post from an 86 year old family friend and staunch Libertarian yesterday that said �The NRA Doesn�t Represent Me.� If only he knew what a fool he is being played for, but if you read through the lines, it is pretty clear that Bloomberg�s media campaign is working. The medicated masses are buying the story, because it is being presented in social media environment where people have already let their guards down.

For that reason, we have ceased to allow any anti-gun comments on our articles. This was a difficult decision, but we only did so after calling out several of the commenters and directly accusing them of being hired Bloomberg shills. None of them defended themselves, and we believe that this is exactly what they are. The anti-gunners aren�t just buying TV ads. They are hiring what are probably unemployed young people in New York City to fish around in pro-2nd Amendment social media to plant seeds of division, trying to hook the emotions of the vulnerable and anti-depressant medicated.

A common theme among the shills is to make us look stupid and ruthless in the furtherment of our cause. We think that they threw some bait into the water yesterday that could make gun people look very bad. It is a �whistleblower� post about the explosions at the Boston Marathon, warning that it is some kind of false flag to ban the private sale of gun powder. I believe this �warning� is meant to be re-posted on gun blogs and boards, and on a quick Google search, I see that it has already hit the FAL Files and a few survival boards. We am not going to include the post in this email because there is no benefit in spreading it, but it begins �I work on a security commission and I�ve just received word to start on a campaign we�ve been working on for the last two months and now it all makes sense.�

The �warning� then goes on to say that that explosions were a pre-planned event meant to result in the banning of the private sale of gun powder, and that a young person is to be arrested Friday with NRA magazines in his possession. The creators of this farce are hoping Alex Jones and all of the conspiracy websites pick it up, and some of them already have. We believe that this is a Bloomberg shill to make us look stupid, and ruthless, that we would co-opt a tragedy to further our cause. Obama�s people have indeed already tried to tie the explosions to �Tax Day� in the hopes of making right wingers look like terrorists, but as we have explained before, Alex Jones is a turd in the punchbowl of 2nd Amendment freedom. You don�t have to have any �theory� about the conspiracy to take away our 2nd Amendment rights. American �gun control� was born in the aftermath of slavery, to keep guns out of the hands of freed slaves. Today it continues. The anti-gunners are using the deaths of 20 white kids to keep the guns out of the hands of their racial minority voting �slaves� in the inner cities.

It could very well be that consumer black powder, not smokeless powder, was used to make those bombs. Upon seeing the billowing white clouds of smoke from the explosions, anyone who has ever shot black powder should probably have suspected that this was the explosive used. Bomb detecting equipment, and most likely the dogs as well, are not trained to detect black powder. I know this because I freaked out one day when I had to go through a airport sniffer after shooting BP. I hadn�t even washed my hands and realized it only when I was far too deep into the line. But the sniffer didn�t even hiccup. We have all heard the reports that the police were doing bomb dog drills before the explosions, and it could very well be that one dog thought he smelled something early in the day so they brought in more dogs, who unfortunately weren�t trained to sniff BP.

Somebody grabbed the obvious possibility that black powder was involved and turned it into this fake �whistleblower� post about the more generic term �gun powder.� Apparently U.S. Rep. Mike McCaul, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said �most likely gun powder� was used in the devices. The �Lone Wolf� language of that article does make it sound like they will pin this on a �right wing terrorist,� but what makes this �whistleblower� warning so suspect as a shill is that they do not specify black powder. As many of you know, modern smokeless powder, the kind you find in normal ammunition, does not explode when ignited. It burns, and it is of course also fairly �smokeless.� Billowing clouds of white smoke like the ones we saw in Boston only come from black powder, and it is a lot easier to get than C4, and you don�t have to make it like the concoctions they speak about in the bomb making books. Granted, McCaul did specifically say �gun powder,� but it is just too convenient that this post showed up yesterday, at the same time the talking point was implanted into the discussion. The post is almost definitely fake, and planted by people trying to make us look bad.

It is your choice how you treat and respond to anti-gun comments in a pro-2nd Amendment environment here on the internet. Please just be aware that these Bloomberg shills are lurking in your comments and on your boards, and that this is most likely only one of what will be many attempts to make 2nd Amendment defenders appear to have different ideals than mainstream America. We are mainstream America, and after the Heller and McDonald Supreme Court decisions, we were on our way to giving the opportunities of �mainstream� to all Americans. Arm the permanent victims in our inner cities and we will give them back not just 2nd Amendment freedom, but all of the other freedoms they are robbed of by living under the umbrella of a permanent criminal narco-economy. The Wild West didn�t have the violent crime rates of Chicago and Washington DC, because in the Wild West, the good guys could shoot back.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
NWA makes sense now....He's not a Skeeter ball washer he's a Bloomberg nut sucker.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

TJH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nothing has changed. All out of State firearm sales must go through a FFL. In State private firearm sales don't need a FFL unless your State's law requires it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by celery
Part of the defeted Senate bill made it a requirement for internet buyers to get as background check. Since it was defeted, is it wide open for us to sell to each other on the interent with no background check?!? Are happy days here again?

Sounds like you don't know much about the existing gun laws.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
This should be posted in the campfire as well. It seems there are a few people in their trying to stir things up. And although this is not Facebook we should still be cautious with what we post
Originally Posted by Orphanedcowboy
Originally Posted by GunGeezer

Text:

Dear Friends,

Please be aware that there are what we call �Bloomberg shills� lurking in the comments of gun blogs and forums at present. It has been going on since before the election, and we first noticed it as far back as our January 8th, 2012 article �2nd Amendment Voters Should Vote Ron Paul.� At first it seemed like fun because they got a lively discussion going, and many of our articles have over 400 comments just because of a few anti-gun comments peppered in by a shill here and there. But as more and more of them have come in, we have begun to realize that it is better to delete them. The anti-gunners have a plan, and that plan is to make gun people look stupid, heartless, and separate from the values of mainstream America. A recent �whistleblower� post about the Boston Marathon explosions is especially troubling. If you are part of a gun blog or forum, please don�t allow this post to spread, and beware that more attempts to make 2nd Amendment defenders look bad are coming.

As most of us have come to understand, this crisis has gone far beyond politics. We have seen an unprecedented and sustained attack on not just our guns, but the entire pro-2nd Amendment and avid shooter culture itself. We are being sold to the public as stupid and selfish people who don�t care about the safety of children. I got a forwarded Facebook post from an 86 year old family friend and staunch Libertarian yesterday that said �The NRA Doesn�t Represent Me.� If only he knew what a fool he is being played for, but if you read through the lines, it is pretty clear that Bloomberg�s media campaign is working. The medicated masses are buying the story, because it is being presented in social media environment where people have already let their guards down.

For that reason, we have ceased to allow any anti-gun comments on our articles. This was a difficult decision, but we only did so after calling out several of the commenters and directly accusing them of being hired Bloomberg shills. None of them defended themselves, and we believe that this is exactly what they are. The anti-gunners aren�t just buying TV ads. They are hiring what are probably unemployed young people in New York City to fish around in pro-2nd Amendment social media to plant seeds of division, trying to hook the emotions of the vulnerable and anti-depressant medicated.

A common theme among the shills is to make us look stupid and ruthless in the furtherment of our cause. We think that they threw some bait into the water yesterday that could make gun people look very bad. It is a �whistleblower� post about the explosions at the Boston Marathon, warning that it is some kind of false flag to ban the private sale of gun powder. I believe this �warning� is meant to be re-posted on gun blogs and boards, and on a quick Google search, I see that it has already hit the FAL Files and a few survival boards. We am not going to include the post in this email because there is no benefit in spreading it, but it begins �I work on a security commission and I�ve just received word to start on a campaign we�ve been working on for the last two months and now it all makes sense.�

The �warning� then goes on to say that that explosions were a pre-planned event meant to result in the banning of the private sale of gun powder, and that a young person is to be arrested Friday with NRA magazines in his possession. The creators of this farce are hoping Alex Jones and all of the conspiracy websites pick it up, and some of them already have. We believe that this is a Bloomberg shill to make us look stupid, and ruthless, that we would co-opt a tragedy to further our cause. Obama�s people have indeed already tried to tie the explosions to �Tax Day� in the hopes of making right wingers look like terrorists, but as we have explained before, Alex Jones is a turd in the punchbowl of 2nd Amendment freedom. You don�t have to have any �theory� about the conspiracy to take away our 2nd Amendment rights. American �gun control� was born in the aftermath of slavery, to keep guns out of the hands of freed slaves. Today it continues. The anti-gunners are using the deaths of 20 white kids to keep the guns out of the hands of their racial minority voting �slaves� in the inner cities.

It could very well be that consumer black powder, not smokeless powder, was used to make those bombs. Upon seeing the billowing white clouds of smoke from the explosions, anyone who has ever shot black powder should probably have suspected that this was the explosive used. Bomb detecting equipment, and most likely the dogs as well, are not trained to detect black powder. I know this because I freaked out one day when I had to go through a airport sniffer after shooting BP. I hadn�t even washed my hands and realized it only when I was far too deep into the line. But the sniffer didn�t even hiccup. We have all heard the reports that the police were doing bomb dog drills before the explosions, and it could very well be that one dog thought he smelled something early in the day so they brought in more dogs, who unfortunately weren�t trained to sniff BP.

Somebody grabbed the obvious possibility that black powder was involved and turned it into this fake �whistleblower� post about the more generic term �gun powder.� Apparently U.S. Rep. Mike McCaul, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said �most likely gun powder� was used in the devices. The �Lone Wolf� language of that article does make it sound like they will pin this on a �right wing terrorist,� but what makes this �whistleblower� warning so suspect as a shill is that they do not specify black powder. As many of you know, modern smokeless powder, the kind you find in normal ammunition, does not explode when ignited. It burns, and it is of course also fairly �smokeless.� Billowing clouds of white smoke like the ones we saw in Boston only come from black powder, and it is a lot easier to get than C4, and you don�t have to make it like the concoctions they speak about in the bomb making books. Granted, McCaul did specifically say �gun powder,� but it is just too convenient that this post showed up yesterday, at the same time the talking point was implanted into the discussion. The post is almost definitely fake, and planted by people trying to make us look bad.

It is your choice how you treat and respond to anti-gun comments in a pro-2nd Amendment environment here on the internet. Please just be aware that these Bloomberg shills are lurking in your comments and on your boards, and that this is most likely only one of what will be many attempts to make 2nd Amendment defenders appear to have different ideals than mainstream America. We are mainstream America, and after the Heller and McDonald Supreme Court decisions, we were on our way to giving the opportunities of �mainstream� to all Americans. Arm the permanent victims in our inner cities and we will give them back not just 2nd Amendment freedom, but all of the other freedoms they are robbed of by living under the umbrella of a permanent criminal narco-economy. The Wild West didn�t have the violent crime rates of Chicago and Washington DC, because in the Wild West, the good guys could shoot back.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can assure you that celery is not a troll. He's one of the good guys here with a low post count.

No existing laws were rescinded. All existing laws are still in effect.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The title of the post should be changed to reflect reality, as written it is blatanly wrong.

Last edited by Pinduck; 04/19/13.

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
US Army 1954-1956
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Celery: No.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Don't count on it.

Out of State internet sales will still require that the firearm be transferred through an FFL with the inherent NICS check being performed.

I live in IA. If I purchase a rifle out of state it ships to an FFL here in IA. Since I have a concealed carry permit, the background check has occured. I fill out 4473 and get me gun.

If there are states out there that do not have to do this, I would like someone to comment.

The "mainstream" media acts like internet sales are like it was prior to 1968??

Which is it?

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Freedumb1
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Don't count on it.

I live in IA. If I purchase a rifle out of state it ships to an FFL here in IA. Since I have a concealed carry permit, the background check has occured. I fill out 4473 and get me gun.

If there are states out there that do not have to do this, I would like someone to comment.

The "mainstream" media acts like internet sales are like it was prior to 1968??

Which is it?

Do you have to pay sales tax on the value of the firearm at the time of the transfer? Here in Washington state, we pay sales tax of 9.5% on the value of the firearm + transfer fee. It can turn a good bargain into a "not so great bargin".

Last edited by wapiti22; 04/19/13.

"My goal in life is to be at least half the man my Dogs think I am."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It most likely varies state by state.
In Texas if we order and pay for anything out of state there is no tax unless the entity you're ordering from has an outlet in Texas. Bass Pro for an example.
Or, if you have you FFL order and pay for it, you will owe taxes when you pay him.
So, always do business with out of state FFL's and pay them directly,or buy from private individuals in your state and avoid the FFL altogether (unless your state law requires it).

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The title of this post really needs a question mark. Really.

Actually, you are supposed to pay taxes on every purchase as an individual as retail purchase. The sellers collect the taxes for instate sales because the states can make them liable for sales taxes not paid by individuals. The states currently don't have the means to check, except for things like car purchases, nor the cooperation between states necessary to verify that the taxes are paid, but enjoy that whiile you can, since they are working on that.
Another reason that registration is popular with state officials, quess what one of the questions and checks those states will be doing with new purchases?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only pay sales tax on new gun purchases using my FFL guy.

When it is out of state generated on a used gun, he does not collect sales tax.

When I have ordered a gun from an IA FFL, they have said that they have to collect sales tax.

I think it is a bunch of scheit that we have to pay taxes on the same gun over and over again.

'course no one asked me....

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I guess we need an emoticon for sarcasm

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Can anybody tell me why Chuck Mushroom and the President continue to push the idea that there are no FFL Checks on all state to state firearms sales conducted over the internet... Handguns are subject to further steps..
The NRA should do a "Fact Down" on this everytime the Press and the Left start this Rubbish.. If they don't the next time it may not end so well..
This is not going away...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think it has been working fine. I do not mind going through an FFL, for out of state purchase. That way I know it is not stolen. We pay no taxes on out of state purchases. FFL only gets #25.00. Well worth it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akrange
Can anybody tell me why Chuck Mushroom and the President continue to push the idea that there are no FFL Checks on all state to state firearms sales conducted over the internet... Handguns are subject to further steps..
The NRA should do a "Fact Down" on this everytime the Press and the Left start this Rubbish.. If they don't the next time it may not end so well..
This is not going away...

I agree with you 100%

I asked several aquaintances that are not shooters/hunters and they thought the current legislation being put forth was to get a background check.

I explain to them what I have to go through to purchase a gun.

The NRA should do more to enlighten the masses.

I'm sure that is the reason we keep hearing "80%+ of the US wants background checks."

I thought we already HAD background checks!!!! (insert disgust emoticon here.) mad

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 14,955 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,103
Posts18,541,810
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.