Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
snubbie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Let me preface this by saying, I realize trying to get accurate info from the "media" of today is iffy at best and the inaccuracies in reporting is probably the cause but this all just seems to not add up to me. Here's a few reasons:

There is an all-out national manhunt for the bombing suspects. They post a picture of you, pulled from video and crow photos, nationwide because the two of you have backpacks.

Let's say they ID'd the correct guys.

So the day they post your photos...are you ready?... you stupidly go and rob a convenience store??? Why would even a stupid terrorist do such a thing?
Why not lay low for a while? Rent a car, drive to Kansas?

Then in a shootout with the most well armed, technologically advanced law enforcement agencies in the world, you get injured and you make a getaway on foot? And manage to get away?
Were there no helicopters with F.L.I.R. devices? No night vision apparatus available?
You STAY IN THE AREA? And yet it takes almost a day to be found?
You hide under a boat cover and manage to pull the cover back over the boat with you inside? Oh, and you're wounded?
The LE carry out the most massive manhunt in recent history and they can't find you?
The boat owner finds you because there is a blood trail leading up to the boat and blood on the boat cover but the police scouring the area almost a full day don't see this?

In one report(probably false) the owner looked under the cover, but you don't shoot the owner? The police come and...what? You fire on them? Apparently shots were exchanged, more explosives involved(again maybe bad reporting) but then you manage to be captured alive?

Again, this all just stinks to me and doesn't seem to add up. I realize we don't have all the facts and may never. I'm not a conspiracy theorist(well, mostly not) but there are a lot of unanswered questions in my mind.

And again, I'm drawing conclusions and having questions based on probably poor and false "facts" surrounding all this being put out there by the media.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You're a braver man than I. grin Wow! Actually asking questions. I feel sorry for you now. Keep your head down, my friend. grin

snubbie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You're a braver man than I. grin Wow! Actually asking questions. I feel sorry for you now. Keep your head down, my friend. grin

Hey, I'm innocent! I blame the lousy news media! ...mostly.....cough, cough... confused

FWIW, just thinking out loud. Everything is probably kosher and any "unsettled" feelings on my part are likely the result of faulty reporting. If the news media is anything consistent it would be consistently unreliable.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way I heard it went down ...

LE had searched the home and he wasn't there. A period of time after they searched the area the homeowner noticed a door that was open, the cover pulled back on the boat, and some blood, all of which wasn't there when the cops searched. Apparently the perp was on the run, changing locations and climbed into the boat after they swept the area. It was the homeowner's phone call that nailed him.

They sent a helicopter in with flir and saw him hiding in the boat.

The rest of it ... ???

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If you think that any civilian in any country ever gets anything resembling the truth you are sadly mistaken.

Governments do not dissemble for security reasons, they do so as simple policy.

An informed populace is dangerous.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

snubbie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fish head
The way I heard it went down ...

LE had searched the home and he wasn't there. A period of time after they searched the area the homeowner noticed a door that was open, the cover pulled back on the boat, and some blood, all of which wasn't there when the cops searched. Apparently the perp was on the run, changing locations and climbed into the boat after they swept the area. It was the homeowner's phone call that nailed him.

They sent a helicopter in with flir and saw him hiding in the boat.

The rest of it ... ???

Okay, that makes sense. I still cannot understand that in the midst of such a massive manhunt, with hundreds of LE, you flee on foot in the midst of a shootout, wounded, and get away.

The greatest question in my mind is why did they rob a store? Why did they not just try and melt into the population? It's almost as if they wanted what they got.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

gpopecustomknives.com

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
and now they are reporting they did NOT rob the store which makes sense....but it was robbed and they were alledgedly there?....back to an awful funny koinkydink....what are the odds? But all in all, I believe it happended just about as they said with some inaccurate reporting thrown in to keep us hoppin.

Funny...yesterday morning, I told my wife what had happened overnight and she absolutely didnt believe me. the throwing bombs at the police was the kicker...no way that happened she said. boy was she surprised!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
They didn't rob a convenience store, just saying.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
snubbie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
and now they are reporting they did NOT rob the store which makes sense....but it was robbed and they were alledgedly there?....back to an awful funny koinkydink....what are the odds? But all in all, I believe it happended just about as they said with some inaccurate reporting thrown in to keep us hoppin.

Funny...yesterday morning, I told my wife what had happened overnight and she absolutely didnt believe me. the throwing bombs at the police was the kicker...no way that happened she said. boy was she surprised!

So the MIT cop shot while responding to the robbery, he wasn't shot by these two?

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

gpopecustomknives.com

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It could happen that way. Not really surprising that a citizen found the guy as there is way more citizens than officers. As soon as the cops said folks could stir around a bit the number of eyes out there went up exponentially and the locals see their surroundings every day and would know if anything was out of place. Had that gone down in most rural areas we'd have just turned the dogs out on 'em, that is if the bull didn't get them crossing the pasture...then again we don't have marathons hereabouts unless of course said bull catches ya in his domain...I think you can loosen the tinfoil on this one as they did want this guy REAL bad.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IIRC, the guy whose SUV was carjacked RAN INTO a stop-n-rob to report it. A carjacking is VERY much a robbery. MIT officer killed responding to the cal GIVEN as a robbery maybe??

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
snubbie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Perhaps I should "bone up" on the latest news out there and get a little more up to speed. Apparently more info has surfaced/been released since I signed out last night.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crackpots are going to see a conspiracy, no matter the circumstances of the capture. If it took over a year to bag him, or if the dude stood there with a sign saying "I did it!" Immediately after the blasts, people are so desperate to form a narrative conforming to their own psychosis that the results are the same.

Tinfoil futures look good, I'm buying.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm unsettled over two things.

1. Two Uslamofacists are capable of shutting down a major city.

2. The one captured alive was not read his Miranda rights for "public safety" reasons. The Mooselimb's lawyer is gonna have fun with THAT.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I doubt it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Crackpots are going to see a conspiracy, no matter the circumstances of the capture. If it took over a year to bag him, or if the dude stood there with a sign saying "I did it!" Immediately after the blasts, people are so desperate to form a narrative conforming to their own psychosis that the results are the same.

Tinfoil futures look good, I'm buying.

I would be surprised if there were a conspiracy, it is simply that Government Departments are jealous of their information...similarly, they are pretty proud of their own worth as well.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The guy didn't shoot the homeowner who came to look into the boat because he was wounded and probably asleep/unconscious at the time.

That's what I think.

44henry

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
If you think that any civilian in any country ever gets anything resembling the truth you are sadly mistaken.

Governments do not dissemble for security reasons, they do so as simple policy.

An informed populace is dangerous.
There it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You should be unsettled because the FBI was warned about these two guys and even went to there homes and checked on them through the yrs. then get their pictures at the crime scene and ask the public if anybody's ever seen them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 61 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,791
Posts18,477,321
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.