Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by fish head
HAJ,

Thanks for posting that. From what I'm reading and in regards to the topic of this thread he's still a citizen until a court finds otherwise.

We'll have hold off on the waterboarding for a bit.

Well poop! I was really looking forward to that... wink

As per usual bud, you're right. The courts have to strip him of his citizenship. My point was only that there is ground to do such at this point. He doesn't even have to be present for them to do it. It's has hard as writing a warrant...

He has been charged with a crime, and I'd imagine that more charges are pending as the prosecutor has more material to work with. I'd like to see multiple charges that carry the death penalty levied upon him...

That brings up an interesting question.

What if he's stripped of his citizenship before he goes to trial?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And for those [Linked Image] who persist on comparing the likes of Rudolph and McVeigh, ponder this:

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He has to be found guilty of Treason first. They can't strip it until he has been charged and convicted of it.

His lawyer can represent him without him present if need be and this could all be done pretty quick.

Then, once guilty of treason, he can be stripped of his citizenship and then the sky is the limit on how to proceed from there...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And for those [Linked Image] who persist on comparing the likes of Rudolph and McVeigh, ponder this:

I'd call that map, conservative, at best...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I'd call that map, conservative, at best...

I wonder what it is that they don't like about Montana.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
What laws do I find annoying, efw?

Sorry if I overstated; it would, however, appear that you're annoyed at the fact that the guy has to be convicted of a crime before his citizenship is revoked.

If I misread this I apologize.

This all touches a nerve for me. I believe that we as white christian Conservatives stand a good chance of being painted in the same light as these guys. If we start acting as though revocation of citizenship is a small matter now, where will that leave us when it is us who are called into question?

Happened in Rome. You think that this Pres (or one like him) wouldn't make us "swear allegiance to Cesar" under pain of death, justifying it all along by making us enemies of the state?

We aren't that far away from that. This guy is likely guilty and if he is proven as such I'm fine with whatever penalty he pays. After he is proven guilty in a court of law, just as I hope others will allow me if accused.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He has to be found guilty of Treason first. They can't strip it until he has been charged and convicted of it.

His lawyer can represent him without him present if need be and this could all be done pretty quick.

Then, once guilty of treason, he can be stripped of his citizenship and then the sky is the limit on how to proceed from there...

Hmmmmmm.

What's the penalty for treason?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Citzenship doesn't have anything to do with it. Permanent residents and illegal aliens are Mirandized as well.

You either throw his rights away and waterboard his ass in the name of national security, or you don't.

They chose don't.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hmmmmmm.

What's the penalty for treason?

It's whatever Congress decides, pretty much. It's been as short as a few years imprisonment, and as final as the death penalty.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by efw
What laws do I find annoying, efw?

Sorry if I overstated; it would, however, appear that you're annoyed at the fact that the guy has to be convicted of a crime before his citizenship is revoked.

This all touches a nerve for me. I believe that we as white christian Conservatives stand a good chance of being painted in the same light as these guys. If we start acting as though revocation of citizenship is a small matter now, where will that leave us when it is us who are called into question?

Happened in Rome. You think that this Pres (or one like him) wouldn't make us "swear allegiance to Cesar" under pain of death, justifying it all along by making us enemies of the state?

We aren't that far away from that. This guy is likely guilty and if he is proven as such I'm fine with whatever penalty he pays. After he is proven guilty in a court of law, just as I hope others will allow me if accused.

I'm very leary of throwing away due process as well.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

Communication works both ways. It's just as likely that I confused you with disjointed, unclear statements. I tend to do that as my mind works far faster than my fingers type. smile

Turdlike, by default.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
that right there makes 2 of us Ed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Citzenship doesn't have anything to do with it. Permanent residents and illegal aliens are Mirandized as well.

You either throw his rights away and waterboard his ass in the name of national security, or you don't.

They chose don't.

Travis

Enemy combatants are not mirandized. American citizens cannot be tried in a Military Court. So, in order for the enemy combatant charge to stick, they have to first remove his citizenship.

That's all.

It's all moot now anyways, as he's having his day in court.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's all moot now anyways, as he's having his day in court.

Yes.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Earlier today on FOX Judge Napolitano was commenting on Public Safety and waiving of Miranda rights. He said this was instituted by the Obama regime and it's very different from precedents.

He has some serious issues with it and I have great deal of respect for his opinions.

My opinions on the matter are swirling.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Earlier today on FOX Judge Napolitano was commenting on Public Safety and waiving of Miranda rights. He said this was instituted by the Obama regime and it's very different from precedents.

He has some serious issues with it and I have great deal of respect for his opinions.

My opinions on the matter are swirling.

First, I believe it was Gee Dub that came up with the GFY policy regarding alleged combatants.

Second, nothing swirling about it. A USC gets his fair day in court as far as I am concerned.

Third, I wish we would move more toward leaving black ops, black ops. STFU and stop telling us about it. A movie on killing Bin Laden? Give me a [bleep] break.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nepolitano mentioned that the interpretation used by Obama regime is different. I'm not absolutely certain about the details so TIFWIW.

I absolutely agree that a USC deserves his/her day in court and that's not the issue I was commenting on. It's the Public Safety/Miranda rights issue that I have concerns with.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nepolitano mentioned that the interpretation used by Obama regime is different. I'm not absolutely certain about the details so TIFWIW.

I absolutely agree that a USC deserves his/her day in court and that's not the issue I was commenting on. It's the Public Safety/Miranda rights issue that I have concerns with.

If it saves one life?

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

If it saves one life?

Travis

That's an interesting question filled with irony, hypocrisy, enigma, and truth. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
They were either guilty of something 2 years ago or weren't. You can't lock folks up cuzz you think they might do something, else we'd all be in jail, except for TRH who will never do anything.
We should be able to kick out foreigners if we decide that they are a threat to public safety. We also should be able to strip this idiot of his citizenship if we decide he was lying when he to the oath of citizenship.

[Linked Image from ]
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 16penny, 007FJ, 76 invisible), 2,991 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,219
Posts18,485,564
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.