Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mom's are a gift from God, aren't they? Prayers sent to you and your family.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by iambrb
Well, today is not a good day. Seems that Mom wound up in the ER today (why does the Gub-mint make medicare/medicaid patients go thru the ER?). As many of you know, she has stage 4 lung cancer. Diagnosed 14 months ago, she has beat the odds 'till now. she was weak and said that she felt heavy and tired. Her skin was a bit ashen, an indicator of lack of oxygen to the body. Her doc said taker her to the ER, and we did.
We thought Mom has fluid on the lungs, but that was not the case. It appears that the tumor is large, and growing. It is now collapsing one lung. Yes, there are tests yet to go....but it appears that this is it. There is really nothing that can be done. Mom signed a DNR, so they are going to do what they can, to make her comfortable. She is not in pain, so that is OK. She is on oxygen though, and soon, per the docs, the pain will come. if they are right, she will go down fast. I am personally praying that God take her fast, that she not suffer.

I remember toddling up to her and being lifted into her lap. I remember running to her arms, afraid of the waves at the beach. I remember her strength. now, I must be the one who is strong, I must be the one to hold her. I will show my grief to my Lord and my family in private. Always, the one who bore me was there, even when we were emotionally distant, and God has given us time to bond again. I am so thankful for that, and I will be there for her now.

Soon, my mother will pass to the next world. I will mourn her not being there, but knowing that she has a personal relationship with Jesus, Praise Him! Knowing that she will be sitting at the right hand of the Father, never to again know pain and remorse, is not a reason to be sad, but to rejoice.

Of course I ask for prayers, for my Mom, and that I may show strength.

Thanks to all for reading

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mom's are the most important person in anyone's life . Stay strong and count yourself lucky to have such an exemplary mother.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
God bless you and your family.
Craig

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Prayers for you and yours.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers Sent.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sorry.... sent.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
prayers sent,
We are going through the same.
Her father is 90 and in home hospice ( CHF ) and wasiting away a little every day )
Hr mother (80) is in ICU for 8 days after 5 hours of open heart surgery.
She went to the ER with a bad hip. And they found her heart failing ( as well as necrosis in her left hip joint)

If she pulls the heart recovery, she will need a new left him ASAP

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's tough losing your folks, no matter your age.
Hang in there. Praise God she has faith and knows the Lord...same with you.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very sorry to hear that, Prayers sent.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers for a fine lady there.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by iambrb
Soon, my mother will pass to the next world. I will mourn her not being there, but knowing that she has a personal relationship with Jesus, Praise Him! Knowing that she will be sitting at the right hand of the Father, never to again know pain and remorse, is not a reason to be sad, but to rejoice.

Of course I ask for prayers, for my Mom, and that I may show strength.

Prayers from here for all involved. I admire the way you are looking at this situation, and I know that it is the right way. The comfort you both find in knowing the Lord is as real as real can possibly be. Godspeed to you guys.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cannot imagine what your going through, prayers of comfort for the family.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A loving mother is indeed a special gift from God, and a mother's sweetest blessings is rearing a son who loves and respects her. You were also blessed to have a precious mother who loved you and helped you become the man you are today.

My heart breaks for you as you deal with this. Nothing seems more painful as losing our champion, our mother. Prayers of strength and comfort for you and your family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers sent.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
prayers for comfort and peace sent

Originally Posted by deflave
Get your dick out of that rooster and go to church.

Travis
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

445 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 48 invisible), 13,864 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,223
Posts18,543,881
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.