Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
MA refuses to divulge state aid numbers for Tsarnaev brothers.

Food Stamps? Sorry, can't tell you.
Cell phones? Nope - that's private.
Section 8 Housing? Can't comment on that.
EBT Cards? Private information, that.
Financial Aid? Confidential.

So, if I understand this correctly, the government forces taxpayers to lay bare their personal information regarding wealth and earnings. After this, they confiscate whatever portion they deem proper, and give this to others who want to kill, maim, and injure the very people from whom they just received the funds. And the government then makes all such records of receiving the funds, private?

Can anyone on the left attempt to justify this with a straight face?

When I get ahold of a time machine, I shall bring Mssrs. Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Hancock, et. al., to the current day, so that they can BITCH SLAP the legislators and administrators who have so cruelly bastardized the system that was so carefully constructed 230+ years ago.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Find one with a seat for two - so I can go with ya..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck

I'm in for a one way ticket...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by Redneck

I'm in for a one way ticket...

I need to bring my wife and sons

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The founding fathers you mentioned, may not see things exactly as you do regarding these and many of the current events. You need to read some of the private letters and papers of these guys. You will be surprised as to how they felt about policies that can/do apply to current events.
Washington did not see where the nation needed a bill of rights. He did not object to them and went along with them because he, as the others involved in the Constitution Convention were ready to go home. They, had been in Philadelphia since early 1787 and by time the BoR came up it was September and everyone was ready to go home. The BoR was not adopted as we know it until some years.
later.

There is a war on America and America is losing
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can understand it. As an example, you wouldn't want others looking into your medical history to determine if you could purchase a firearm; oops, bad example..

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Some of the Founding Fathers thought the Bill of Rights was not necessary. As they thought, "we're creating a government of limited powers that only has the powers we give it in the Constitution. Logically, the powers we don't give the government remain with the people. Everybody knows that. Therefore a Bill of Rights is unnecessary."

Others thought, Patrick Henry and George Mason among them, "not so fast. We're creating a much stronger federal government than under the Articles of Confederation. We need to be absolutely clear about a few things as we have recently seen what a strong central government can do to its citizens." Some delegates to the Philadelphia Convention would not sign on to the Constitution without the Bill of Rights. Some colonies would not ratify without at least the assurance that the Bill of Rights would follow in do course.

Wonder of wonders, politicians back then actually did some things they said they would do. Roughly 6 months after the Constitution went into effect (March 4, 1789) our first Congress formally proposed the Bill of Rights on September 25, 1789. Ratification by 3/4's of the states came on December 15, 1791.

No founder was against the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. Some merely thought listing them to be unnecessary. Given what the federal government is doing today, personally I am glad some natural rights were enumerated in the Bill of Rights. I'm also glad we have the 10th amendment stating, in effect, any rights we omitted to write down are retained by the states or the people.

Last edited by Rubeus_Hagrid; 04/25/13.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
FC One of the best posts ever. Thanks

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And the government then makes all such records of receiving the funds, private?

only if they want em private

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57581161-38/u.s-gives-big-secret-push-to-internet-surveillance/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I can understand it. As an example, you wouldn't want others looking into your medical history to determine if you could purchase a firearm; oops, bad example..

I hear what you're saying.

Tsarnaev is an American citizen with all rights afforded under the Constitution and the laws of the land. As of now, he's under arrest, accused of a crime and is innocent until proven guilty.

He's a freakin' radical islamic murdering terrorist that's undeniably guilty and it sucks but that's how it is.

When you start making exceptions all of us have our rights put in jeopardy.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's the flip side of it.

The Boston Herald made the request for his private and personal information and was denied. That doesn't mean the information won't be requested by the prosecution during his trial and then made public. I'm not an attorney so I'm not sure about it.

There is, and there should be, limits on the information that news agency can receive from govt. They have no more right to pry into person's info than you or I do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's another possibility.

If they execute the little bastid there won't be any need to protect his rights. grin

Oops. blush I made a mistake in my earlier posts. They should release the records of the dead terrorist brother.

Last edited by fish head; 04/25/13.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Personally I think making the little jihadi rot in prison for the next sixty plus years is a fate worse than death. Let him keep the privacy in a 6 x 8 cell, with a roomate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why did they have to have an amendment to the constitution so they could charge income tax but seem to be able to charge any other tax without restraint?

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

Food Stamps? Sorry, can't tell you.
Cell phones? Nope - that's private.
Section 8 Housing? Can't comment on that.
EBT Cards? Private information, that.
Financial Aid? Confidential.

But it's okay to turn over to news papers the list of all gun owners.

Interesting times...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Why did they have to have an amendment to the constitution so they could charge income tax but seem to be able to charge any other tax without restraint?

Because the government said so, that's why.
Question it/them and you'll end up on watch lists...
and worse, labelled a tea party RACIST!

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the Feds have everything. they're just not telling us lowly commoners everything.

we are safe. ok?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Problem is, the 'legal system' treats the 10 amendment as a joke, for the most part.

It should be considered one of the greatest, but lawyers have less sway over our rights if it is followed.

Last edited by eyeball; 04/25/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Steelhead
As an example, you wouldn't want others looking into your medical history to determine if you could purchase a firearm

I'd respond by saying that my medical history wasn't taken from others & given to me. As such, it's my business.

When others are required to pay for my lifestyle, then I believe my lifestyle does become their business. That's why I've got a problem with food stamps being used for steaks & junk food, and with EBT cash withdrawals being made in strip joints.

My wife was required by her school to translate for a family at the student's home. Mom & daughter had iPhones, daughter had an iPad, Mom had the iMac with the HUGE screen, and a Coach purse. They were receiving food stamps. And free preschool tuition. And they're illegal.

As mad as it makes me, I often wish it weren't my business.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Apparently the joke went right over a few folks head, not surprising really.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.