Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Yep.. gov't gonna use a TON of 22LR in the civil war so they've bought up all of it.

Sigh.

Yep, right along with all the 16ga, 30-30, .243, .380, 38spl, ect, ect, ect. that they are going to run out of their NATO weapons, because they just CAN'T buy as much of that .22 Lr as they think they will need!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just got back from a trip to Indiana and Missouri. Stopped in a GS in western Wyoming and one in Indiana. Their story was the same as the LGS here. They can't hardly keep a lot of stuff on the shelves. 45ACP in anything, brass, bullets, loaded rounds.
Locally, the LGS says guy's come in and drop $2000 dollars and more on components and loaded rounds. They were contemplating limiting purchases. Don't know if they have yet.
Did score some 400grn 475 Gold Dots and some 41rem mag brass though:)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Talf
[quote=hotrodusa]
One of three things will happen and eventually return us to normalcy.
1)people run out of room to store it
2)people run out of credit to buy it
3)people wise up and stop paying 2x what stuff is worth

Oh hell, I've done all three.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Speaking of which, I just went to Walmart for the first time since days after Sandy Hook. I could hardly believe it. Gun racks that had been crammed full are nearly empty. Glass cases once chock full of ammo in all popular chamberings were nearly empty, only containing a few boxes of .30-30, .243 Win, and .270 Win. Not a single box of handgun ammo, or any rifle calibers remotely associated with military style firearms. Not even .30-06 Springfield. That was spooky.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by hotrodusa
I'm not saying he's wrong, but I quit after reading maybe a paragraph and then glancing around to see what sort of site it was. Stock tips, selling gold, etc. Nothing wrong with any of it, but some folks have a vested interest in promoting the fear of lots of types of civil unrest.
Good point. I actually didn't even hit the link.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Speaking of which, I just went to Walmart for the first time since days after Sandy Hook. I could hardly believe it. Gun racks that had been crammed full are nearly empty. Glass cases once chock full of ammo in all popular chamberings were nearly empty, only containing a few boxes of .30-30, .243 Win, and .270 Win. Not a single box of handgun ammo, or any rifle calibers remotely associated with military style firearms. Not even .30-06 Springfield. That was spooky.

shocked

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here's what my local WalMart look like. Some 20 gauge and some 270 win. Who shoots 270?

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
The article is one year old. They were probably anticipating unrest if he wasn't reelected. That's why we saw joint LE and Military exercises on the periphery of LA and Chicago last year. Contain the folks in the "Petting Zoo." They get restless when they aren't fed. Van Jones said about the same time, "hang on, Occupy stuff is going to grow." I m not anxious, but the paranoids are after me.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Plinker
Here's what my local WalMart look like. Some 20 gauge and some 270 win. Who shoots 270?

Raises hand!
Though it is a .270 Win Short Mag =)
The fact that I can buy a variety of loadings of this caliber straight off the shelf here all day long despite the 'shortage' DID carry weight in influencing the choice of this cartridge.
PLUS it just has some damn nice fps and ftlb #'s
LOL
i guess the "MAN" doesn't like this caliber so ammo still abounds!! (or it could be no one has figured out how to fit a short mag case in an m4)

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]
laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tru-News Radio?? You believe this stuff?

Paranoid. Be careful what you believe.

Who fights a war with .22s?

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
=======

Out of touch retards.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ppine
Tru-News Radio?? You believe this stuff?

Paranoid. Be careful what you believe.

Don't ask me, these guys don't make any sense, maybe they think the Govt are trying to outfit an army of zombie boyscouts and brownie troops?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
not much to worry about if there is a flare-up here or there. the blue-helmeted troops will swarm ashore. they'll look somewhat Asian, Russian, Mexican, German and Brazillion in appearance. kinda of a multi-national thingy.

meanwhile, the rest of us can continue to work, pay taxes, and purchase expensive gasoline, when available.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Gus
not much to worry about if there is a flare-up here or there. the blue-helmeted troops will swarm ashore. they'll look somewhat Asian, Russian, Mexican, German and Brazillion in appearance. kinda of a multi-national thingy.

meanwhile, the rest of us can continue to work, pay taxes, and purchase expensive gasoline, when available.

9000 officers to catch One shot-up already bleeding to death crazy, on foot in Boston I think the American Peoples sheer numbers heavily tilt the odds in our favor if what you are saying does actually occur.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yeah, and from indications he was un-armed. and was shot and bleeding. there's lot's be said about this debacle. at least they got him, and much overtime was paid. and rightfully so.

i'm sure the planners and analysts are meandering through the development of an "improved" system of response as we speak.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

Sometimes it all comes together and that is as clear as it gets.

NRA Lifetime Member
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Gus
yeah, and from indications he was un-armed. and was shot and bleeding. there's lot's be said about this debacle. at least they got him, and much overtime was paid. and rightfully so.

i'm sure the planners and analysts are meandering through the development of an "improved" system of response as we speak.

===============

TFF. You are one impaired worthless SOB.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Originally Posted by RISJR
Originally Posted by Gus

===============

TFF. You are one impaired worthless SOB.

maybe we can ask the Russians to fill us in on anything that happens like this in the future? i'm sure we'd follow up on any alerts they shipped our way. don't you?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 1,894 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,884
Posts18,497,822
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.