Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Filled the truck up at Murphy (Wally World) about 2:30, went
on my way and had to go back tonight....paid $3.25 early and it had gone up to $3.39 by 8:30! WTF????? happened today?
Inquiring minds want to know what happened today where you are!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gone down .30 a gallon here in the past week.

Sam......

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Went up about a nickel today

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just be glad you're only paying 33% of what we pay. This past weekend was a $500 gas weekend for us. Ouch!

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
as soon as summer gets here the prices start to sky rock agin as travel picks up! vacation time at the pumps !!

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
The wholesale price of gas went up $.15 last Friday, it just caught up. Watch the business channel, and rather than note the oil prices, look at the RBOB gas price. That is the wholesale price of gas on the futures market. Add your state taxes and the $.18 a gallon fed taxes to it you have the market price of gas in your state. Then add 8-10 cents a gallon for the gas vendor and you have rough idea where you can expect gas to go. It goes up instantly with rises and takes some time when it drops, why should they sell gas at a loss. The gas in their tanks were bought at a higher price. I watched premium gas at one station stay high after a price drop because the gas in the tank was purchased at a higher price.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Diesel is cheaper than reg unleaded in Nevada this week.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Just my personal theory..... it's called Memorial Day.

Never fails. mad

-Ken

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I quit paying attention to gas prices. I'm gonna buy it regardless.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by estacado
The wholesale price of gas went up $.15 last Friday, it just caught up. Watch the business channel, and rather than note the oil prices, look at the RBOB gas price. That is the wholesale price of gas on the futures market. Add your state taxes and the $.18 a gallon fed taxes to it you have the market price of gas in your state. Then add 8-10 cents a gallon for the gas vendor and you have rough idea where you can expect gas to go. It goes up instantly with rises and takes some time when it drops, why should they sell gas at a loss. The gas in their tanks were bought at a higher price. I watched premium gas at one station stay high after a price drop because the gas in the tank was purchased at a higher price.

If you use this logic it should go up slow also since they paid less for the gas in their tanks... just saying.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3.93 in fbks...diesel is 4.31 the stuff comes out of the ground and the pipe runs threw town ...Fairbanks is its 1st stop btw....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CaptEdIII

Just my personal theory..... it's called Memorial Day.

Never fails. mad

-Ken

Ken - you are correct, gas always goes up before Memorial Day mad

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Logic doesn't apply, I tried. Profit is why it goes up quick, they can justify the price rise by the Wholesale Price Of Unleaded Gas Market Increase. Well, in their corporate minds anyhow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by atvalaska
3.93 in fbks...diesel is 4.31 the stuff comes out of the ground and the pipe runs threw town ...Fairbanks is its 1st stop btw....

Man, that's a shame. I couldn't help being pissed at that. shocked

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ppine
Diesel is cheaper than reg unleaded in Nevada this week.

Really?? I haven't seen diesel cheaper than PREMIUM in a looong time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because they can, fellers, just because they can!! eek

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. It will get close to $5.00/gallon in three weeks a lot of places close to here. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My dad owns a couple of stations and believe me, when the wholesale price drops, the retail price drops way too fast for him to sell what he has in his tanks. And when the wholesale price goes up, it lags a few days before the retail price goes up. Many times, he is selling for cost or below because of the swings. He wishes he would have never got in the business as the retail giants just control the market and make the little guy suffer. The retail giants control the retail price and many times they have no rhyme or reason to what they do. It makes no sense. Bottom line? Support the mom and pop type stores and try and strip a tiny bit of power from the retail giants.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Beretta and estacado are on the right track. Wholesale prices at the rack change every evening at 6:00pm except for the weekend. Pricing all depends on what the NYMEX numbers do that day. It can change anywhere from 0 to +/-15cts/gallon on any given day. Depending on how long it takes the retailer to sell his inventory dictates how much and when his retail price changes. Also, since there is a 2.5-3% fee for credit cards, this adds an additional 7-10cts/gallon that goes straight off the top to visa/mc before any profit can be calculated. It's a game of pennies.....high volume/low margin. It's not rocket science.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
a friend here in town is a VP of one of the local companies that have a whole lot of stations in the Rogue Valley here...

they have to pick up fuel north of Eugene and truck it down here..

he indicated that they are charged the going rate which is updated via computer continually.. he said from the time their tanker picks up a load of fuel, and trucks it back down here, the price of the fuel on the tanker that is charged to them by the refinery can vary $600 or more, up or down!

Locally fuel at the major brand stations has gone up 14 cents in two days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 37 invisible), 1,886 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,860
Posts18,497,174
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.