Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I've been keeping my eyes open for one of these ever since seeing all the praise here for them for the last year or so.

What's the going rate on these pistols?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I've been keeping my eyes open for one of these ever since seeing all the praise here for them for the last year or so.

I paid $375.00 at LGS.(about 4 weeks ago)

Alot on gubroker, avg 325 - 400
I figured w/ shipping ($25-$35) and $20.00 transfer fee,the LGS was a decent deal.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Royboy. (Remember who used to call Elroy Jetson by that name? :))

I gotta get my hands on one to try it before I buy it.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
My experience sounds atypical, but I'm pretty unhappy with mine.

My wife recently expressed an interest in shooting more, and after letting her handle quite a few different pistols, she decided on an SR22.

After cleaning, lubing, and giving it a once-over, we couldn't get a full mag through the thing all day, despite trying multiple types of ammo. I finally managed to wrangle up some Stingers that seemed to work ok. She was pretty disgusted at that point though and has shown zero interest in shooting it since.

I contacted Ruger and the continued use of Stingers were recommended to me, along with changing mag baseplates. Changing the baseplates didn't help and I haven't seen Stingers on shelves in a LONG time, so the Ruger is pretty useless to me right now.

Like I said, my situation seems atypical, but there are some "not great" SR22s out there.

Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shame, but even Ruger makes a lemon now and then.

I had a Ruger Mk II that wouldn't make it halfway through an entire magazine without jamming. It did it with every single mag I tried. Sent it back to ruger and they replaced the entire barreled receiver free of charge.

Give Ruger a call and tell them the problem with your SR22. I�d almost bet they�ll give you a prepaid shipping label to send it back on their dime, will fix whatever is wrong and send it back to you no charge.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by bruinruin

I paid $375.00 at LGS.(about 4 weeks ago)

Alot on gubroker, avg 325 - 400
I figured w/ shipping ($25-$35) and $20.00 transfer fee,the LGS was a decent deal.

I paid $349...you got screwed laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine functions flawlessly

- More accurate than me
- No mag issues whatsoever
- trigger is pretty good
- eats every type of ammo I feed it and hasnt had a single fail to feed or fail to fire
- one of my favorite guns
- best .22 I have ever had my hands on

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I paid $320 at SW and love mine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
I paid $349...you got screwed laugh

I paid $320 at SW and love mine.

Living in No.Va. does have it's perks;
We get to pay more for lots of things.
No reason to keep all that pesky money around!

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I paid $299,but...it ain't working good yet,
but I have faith....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one also and I like it a lot. I would really love it if I could buy ammo. for it.

"That God could and would, if He were sought."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Range report..mine is working better! They seem to be senstive to the mags?My LGS allowed me to swap out a couple from another gun and it's working fine.Ran a box of Mini mags without a hitch...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Update: If anyone is interested the Crimson Trace CMR-201 Universal laser fits perfectly. Usually when something is called "universal" it means it doesn't fit anything.

The holster is a "Pro Carry HD" from The Holster Store. It also fits perfectly after a few days of break-in.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I purchased one a month ago ,final got it out to shoot ,wouldn't fire ,trigger wouldn't reset,through cleaning still no good ,phone call to Ruger and shipped out Friday ,waiting for its return,very disappointed that it made it out the factory doors

rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickcNY
I purchased one a month ago ,final got it out to shoot ,wouldn't fire ,trigger wouldn't reset,through cleaning still no good ,phone call to Ruger and shipped out Friday ,waiting for its return,very disappointed that it made it out the factory doors

Sorry to hear that & I hope Ruger makes it right. Hopefully they'll just replace it instead of dicking around & wasting time.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Reading this thread leads me to believe that Ruger hasn't been paying a whole lot of attention to quality control ,just hoping they went together ok and if not well send it back and we'll try and make it right ,I was told every pistol that leaves their factory has 2 full magazines run through it ,I told them this gun wouldn't even fire and that I didn't believe it ,he didn't argue the point but did email me the prepaid shipping label

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Update,quick turn around at least ,verdict "......... Bad magazine disconnect .........so my thought is bunch of BS about every pistol has at least 2 full magazines run through it be for it leaves the factory,I will up date after shooting it

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Problematic getting magazines to latch ,grip sleeve keeps sliding down ,shoots ok,once I really wring it out I'll fill everyone in

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just curious if you've had any issues with your laser not holding zero,and how much did you pay for it ,if you don't mind my asking ?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,113 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,926
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.