Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I'm in

huntsonora:

I've enjoyed reading your posts and I'm looking forward to meeting you in person.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ole_270
Would sure like to make it up and meet some of this crowd, but have a new granddaughter due to make her grand entrance about that time. Since I'm clear in the far corner of Kansas I'll have to take a raincheck for another time. You guys have fun!

Ole_270:

You never know. Grand-children and children have a way of showing up when they feel like it. You may still be able to make it. Wether or not you make it, I hope that mom and babe are healthy.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The weather was just too inviting so I went scouting for a campsite. I looked all over the Tarryall area, poked my head into lots of likely looking places. I checked Packer Gulch, LaSalle Pass and several other areas. I couldn't find any that are as good as the place that WyColoCowboy has already identified.

The mountains were glorious.
[Linked Image]

The area is big enough to hold lots of camps and it's located where we won't bothered by anyone and no one will bother us.
[Linked Image]

Here are the GPS coordinates
N39�05.926', W105�28.885'

KC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There still may be a better spot - we'll have fun on the 20th looking for one. But it is good to know there is one that will work very well already identified.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How are the roads? I have to decide which vehicle to use.
Either the fuel hog heavy hauler or the zippy little gas saver.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No problem with roads. Paved to within a mile and a very good quality gravel road to the camping area. About 500 yards of good dirt road to the camping site, but you could easily drive anything there.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 04/09/13.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Updated list of people who have indicated interest in attending.

KC
K Salonek
remfak
WyColoCowboy
bcolorado
Creek Warrior
Tracks
achadwick
pumpgun
Bighorn
FieldGrade
huntsman
Jesse James
colorado bob
colodog
duck911
RI07
dogcatcher223
fmajor
foxtrot
leftyarbon
campcreek66
huntsonora
John Dog

exbiologist (?)
supercrewd (?)
Taylorce (?)
Alamosa (?)

Remember family and friends are welcome.

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tracks
How are the roads? I have to decide which vehicle to use.
Either the fuel hog heavy hauler or the zippy little gas saver.

I agree with WyColoCowboy, any passenger car will do. I'll be taking my pickup just because I use it to hawl gear, tents, etc.

KC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was driving back from Salida this afternoon and saw this herd of elk at the junction of Tarryall Road and Hwy 24 today. Lots of animals out late in the afternoon after the wind dropped down.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like the next week of weather will lead to better weather and general drying out. How does the Saturday after next look for a recon mission?

Erik

[Linked Image]
IC B3

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I have to be back by 4:30 on Saturday but I'm open all day on Sunday.

KC

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

We (WyColoCowboy, remfak and myself) just got back from scouting a spot to hold the gathering. The spot that WyColoCowboy found six weeks ago is the best of the bunch, so that's where we are going to hold the campfire get together.

I'll start a PM and include everyone that has indicated interest in participating so we can coordinate pot luck food, etc.

Check your messages.

KC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a map of the area - red dot is the campsite.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 05/05/13.

[Linked Image]
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Updated list of people who have indicated interest in
attending.

KC
K Salonek
remfak
WyColoCowboy
bcolorado
Creek Warrior
Tracks
achadwick
pumpgun
huntsman
Jesse James
colorado bob
colodog
duck911
RI07
fmajor
foxtrot
leftycarbon
campcreek66
huntsonora
John Dog

exbiologist (?)
Alamosa (?)

June 7, 8 & 9 - Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.

Remember that family and friends are welcome. Please let us know how many might be coming with you so we can all plan food.

Everyone should bring a bundle of firewood, some water, tent or camper, etc.

At past events a few people have come from out of state. If that's the case for you, we can find a place for you to sleep. Just let us know so we can plan accordingly.

Last edited by KC; 05/06/13.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I figured some pics of the campsite area and shooting range would be good here in addition to the PM thread from KC.

Campsite -- Next 5 pics - Room for lots of campersand tents -- level -- big central fire pit

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Then just across the way about 200 yards away in the shooting range. Probably about 400 yards to the base of the hill.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Updated list of people who have indicated interest in attending.

KC
K Salonek
remfak
WyColoCowboy
bcolorado
Creek Warrior
Tracks
achadwick
pumpgun
huntsman
Jesse James
colorado bob
colodog
duck911
RI07
fmajor
foxtrot
campcreek66
huntsonora
John Dog
Alamosa (?)
saddlesore

June 7, 8 & 9 - Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.

Remember that family and friends are welcome. Please let us know how many might be coming with you so we can all plan food.

Everyone should bring a bundle of firewood, some water, tent or camper, etc.

At past events a few people have come from out of state. If that's the case for you, we can find a place for you to sleep. Just let us know so we can plan accordingly.

KC

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Here is a map of the area - red dot is the campsite.

[Linked Image]

Just a heads up for you guy's. The spot you picked is a heavily used area on weekends during the summer. Suggest you arive as early as you can to save the spot!

Also beware, and I know you will with your shooting activities. Atv's and motorcycles abound in the area with lots of off road riding. I've had them pop up out nowhere..

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

campcreek66:

Thanks for the heads up. We'll setup some tents, trailers, etc., early to establish our temporary posession of the area. The shooting range area has a pretty good backstop/hill and therefore we should be OK. But we will keep an eye out for pilgrims just in case.

KC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm in... this sounds great!!!

Paul

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla
I'm in... this sounds great!!!

Paul

Paul:

I tried to copy you on the PM. Let me know if you can read it.

KC

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (1lessdog, 160user, 12344mag, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 22 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.