Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The rules of engagement HAVE to change if we're going to address this, but killing folks for just being there with no due process is wrong on SO many levels.

Why does a foreign national, that is a threat to national security, and is entering my country illegally get due process?

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Because we are a nation of laws and our laws say that we cannot kill them without due process.

Don't like the laws? Change them.

There is a process we COULD use to define these people coming across the border illegally as "enemies of the state" and threats to national security, but until we declare war against the rest of the world and declare everyone but our citizens as enemy combatants and soldiers, we cannot just shoot them on sight.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Seem to remember stories by Bill Jordan about shooting as they came out of the river back in the sixties.

Originally Posted By: P_Weed

I never met a gun I didn't like.

SEdge,

I have an AMT Hardballer I can fix you up with.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would not want to be on top of a hill when an A-10 rolled in

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SEdge
Seem to remember stories by Bill Jordan about shooting as they came out of the river back in the sixties.

Unfortunately, we don't live in the 60's anymore. frown

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

The cartels are paying off highly placed government officials in Mexico.

Just how high are they reaching into the US government? Any administrators in Homeland Security living above their means?

Anybody actively looking into this?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tjm10025

The cartels are paying off highly placed government officials in Mexico.

Just how high are they reaching into the US government? Any administrators in Homeland Security living above their means?

Anybody actively looking into this?

Yes, the fastest growing branch of federal law enforcement, DHS OIG. Their version of Internal Affairs.
A good friend and former co-worker of mine went to work for them two years ago.

They can't keep up with the number of investigations... frown

Ed

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If you can say, how far up the food chain are they getting indictments?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Several years ago while Coues hunting a few miles from the border south of Tucson, I saw a relatively small Hispanic man (probably 50 to 60 years old) wearing a bright purple shirt and sitting on a mountainside holding a rifle. The reason I mention his stature is he looked much more like someone who had had a hard life south of the border most of his life than a Latino who grew up in the U.S. He could have been deer hunting (AZ didn't require hunter orange at the time), but he would be the first and last person I've seen hunting while wearing a bright purple shirt. The guy I was hunting with is familiar with that area and guessed that the guy was probably a lookout for either drug or human smugglers. That, to me, was a very plausible guess.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tjm10025

If you can say, how far up the food chain are they getting indictments?

I can't say because he can't talk about his casework. I know that he said he has never been busier in his whole LE career, and that's over twenty years now.

As to any indictments? We would have to search every U.S. District Court docket to track the cases and that would take some doing. Each District has their own website & database to keep track of. Then add in those cases under seal because they are still working the investigations, and we still wouldn't know how many or how high up they are.

I would imagine that Nappy and Co. would want to keep all of this under wraps because it makes them look even more incompetent.

Ed

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
and it isn't necessarily just DHS employees who might be under the influence of the cartels. Who knows how many major political donors benefit financially from drug or human smuggling? Might even be one way to launder some cash and gain some political influence at the same time. Those political donors could exert pressure on elected officials, all the way to the top, to ensure the border stays open to the smugglers.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yup. There's a lot money to go around. frown

I just wish I knew the real reason for keeping it wide open and not allocating assets to protect our citizens and our safety.

Ed

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Haven't heard of any cases above field agents and supervisors, but have heard of more than a few border patrol cases. Most recent was a 10 year veteran who got busted depositing $61,000 in $100 bills in such a way to evade reporting requirements. No explanation of the source of the money was forthcoming. Another was an inspector at a entry port that would arrange for coyotes to come through his lane, where he would pass them through. He's busted, but the folks he let in will probably be citizens in a couple years. Sigh.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Start selling the stuff at liquor stores and put the whole bunch out of business overnight.

Take the tax revenue it generates and pay off the national debt.

Take a big bite out of crime *and* taxes.

Turn the country around.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Start selling the stuff at liquor stores and put the whole bunch out of business overnight.

Turn the country around.

Rumor has it the same organizations move people as well.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by deflave

Turn the country around.

Rumor has it the same organizations move people as well.

Travis

Maybe so,..who knows.

That doesn't change the fact that the mess created by "The War On Drugs" (patent applied for) could be eliminated simply by allowing adults to buy what they want.

,...or,..we can all go on pretending that we're free and watching the country go to hell.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Throwing in the towel on the war on drugs isn't going to remove spotters from the mountain tops.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Throwing in the towel on the war on drugs isn't going to remove spotters from the mountain tops.

Travis

It's your straw man.

You burn it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Your argument is akin to the following exchange.

Me: The war on drugs results in *many* more problems than it fixes.

Deflave: The people selling drugs have warts on their dicks!

Me: Maybe so,....but the problem is the crime resulting from the war on drugs.

Deflave: Legalizing drug sales ain't gonna cure dick warts!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Your argument is akin to the following exchange.

Me: The war on drugs results in *many* more problems than it fixes.

Deflave: The people selling drugs have warts on their dicks!

Me: Maybe so,....but the problem is the crime resulting from the war on drugs.

Deflave: Legalizing drug sales ain't gonna cure dick warts!!

WTF are you babbling about?

The report states there are spotters on mountain tops. You think they're there for the sole purpose of smuggling narcotics and that is a fallacy.

So while legalizing a broad range of controlled substances would most certainly eliminate a lot of expense and problems within our country, it would not eliminate the problem the report is highlighting.

Travis

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (264mag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2five7, 66 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,076
Posts18,521,761
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.