-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here�s a novel idea, let�s start jailing some bankers who launder their funds and confiscate their money and assists; banks, bankers and drug kingpins.

There are at least a half of dozen cases in the last couple of years, Bank of America, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan.. I could go on but you get the idea.

They do it for money, so make sure they can't keep the money.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's already being done. Has been for years.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You need to brush up on that. Some fines have been paid. What I propose is jailing the bastards and taking all their money; the banks, the drug lord's, the banker's, and I forgot to mention, the attorney's. After we have all their assets, we can shoot them, hang them, gas them, whatever. We're talking an economy about the same size of say Spain's or Austria's. The drug barons have put more liquid cash into the banking system than any other entity. You really think a billion dollar fine did something?

Last edited by RichardAustin; 05/10/13.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
No, you are the one who needs to brush up on that.

Example; In 2003 I was the co-case agent on a large multi-national drug investigation involving the Arellano Felix Organization (AFO) a now defunct drug cartel, and the Beltran-Levya Cartel, who are still up and running.

46 defendants, 44 have served time or are still in Federal prison for dope dealing and money laundering over $3M US. 36 of those defendants were just for money laundering at various levels.

That amount does not include the $1.5M we seized during the investigation, nor the assets that were seized and sold at public auction, nor the 132 kilos of cocaine we took off the street.

That is one case, in one state, and one of hundreds that take place every year, across the U.S.

I think you need to check your facts a bit better.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 05/10/13. Reason: gramur suks

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You are exactly right. Those steps would secure the border.
There is zero will in washington to do so. To give 11 million or by realistic figures 20 million of these [bleep] citizenship after they broke the law and destroyed our ranches is the ultimate kick in the nuts
Fred

Fourth Generation Border Rat
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Fred,

That's my point. Resources include the boots on the ground.

You wouldn't build a fence to keep your cattle in and then never ride it, why does DHS think they can do the same?

Thus my suggestion that we aggressively stop these bastards.

Reactive just doesn't cut it. It's the old adage "When seconds count, the police are just minutes away".

Realizing that they can't be everywhere at the same time, that's where additional sensors, cameras, and communications comes in.

Driving around in bright white trucks with broad, bright green stripes on them, never getting out until you think you see something, is not the way to catch people on foot. frown

Being stationed miles away from your area of responsibility is another failed technique.

That would be as effective as traffic cops waiting at the police station, hoping to catch red light violators across town.

I can think of a number of ways to improve both the capture ratio and the deterrent factor and it doesn't require a Congressional hearing or a visit from the bureaucrats in DC.

Ed

Are you saying Border Patrol Agents don't work in their respective AOR's?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If AOR means "Area of responsibility"[ I'm guessing here], and, if the actual Border is their responsibility, then the answer is; No, they don't.

Look at a roadmap and follow HWY 90 from Del Rio to Marathon, Tx. That's [probably] a couple hundred miles.The area between there and the Border is larger than many Eastern States, and the BP quit patrolling it several years ago.

If you are a rancher and come across a trespassing U.S. citizen, you are allowed to detain them and call the Sheriff.

If you detain a non-citizen and call the Sheriff, his office calls the BP, and they come and arrest YOU.

A Brewster County Deputy told me, after our camp had stuff stolen: "If you shoot one [wetback], call me and I can clean that mess up for you. If you hold them against their will, the BP will charge you with kidnapping".

They will go into that area[maybe] if you call and report suspicious activity. But they haven't patrolled it in years.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well done APDDSN0864, in no way to minimize your considerable efforts, however, that is a very small drop in a very big bucket.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Assistant Attorney General and longtime Bill Clinton pal Lanny Breuer.

Breuer this week signed off on a settlement deal with the British banking giant HSBC. Despite the fact that HSBC admitted to laundering billions of dollars for Colombian and Mexican drug cartels (among others) and violating a host of important banking laws (from the Bank Secrecy Act to the Trading With the Enemy Act), Breuer and his Justice Department elected not to pursue criminal prosecutions of the bank, opting instead for a "record" financial settlement of $1.9 billion, which as one analyst noted is about five weeks of income for the bank.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...rug-war-is-a-joke-20121213#ixzz2SvmVgMFw
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

They DO work, Travis, most of them as busy as they can be, but they are mostly reactive, not proactive, certainly not as proactive as most of them would like to be.

AS curdog4570 pointed out, there are huge areas where the average driver will never see a CBP vehicle.

The ROE does not allow the kind of aggressive work that needs to be done down there.

Then, the citizens down there are hamstrung by the ROE that penalize them for trying to protect their property.

The guys truly are hamstrung by their own administration.

Ed

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If AOR means "Area of responsibility"[ I'm guessing here], and, if the actual Border is their responsibility, then the answer is; No, they don't.

Look at a roadmap and follow HWY 90 from Del Rio to Marathon, Tx. That's [probably] a couple hundred miles.The area between there and the Border is larger than many Eastern States, and the BP quit patrolling it several years ago.

If you are a rancher and come across a trespassing U.S. citizen, you are allowed to detain them and call the Sheriff.

If you detain a non-citizen and call the Sheriff, his office calls the BP, and they come and arrest YOU.

A Brewster County Deputy told me, after our camp had stuff stolen: "If you shoot one [wetback], call me and I can clean that mess up for you. If you hold them against their will, the BP will charge you with kidnapping".

They will go into that area[maybe] if you call and report suspicious activity. But they haven't patrolled it in years.

That's bizarre. How many landowners have been arrested by the Border Patrol?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Travis

They DO work, Travis, most of them as busy as they can be, but they are mostly reactive, not proactive, certainly not as proactive as most of them would like to be.

AS curdog4570 pointed out, there are huge areas where the average driver will never see a CBP vehicle.

The ROE does not allow the kind of aggressive work that needs to be done down there.

Then, the citizens down there are hamstrung by the ROE that penalize them for trying to protect their property.

The guys truly are hamstrung by their own administration.

Ed

Well I know they work, but I was referencing what you posted about their stations not being near their AOR.

Citizens are being penalized for protecting their property? Like they get arrested for running off illegals?

And I'm confused by your posts. In one post you seem to complain they are overt. And in this post that I quoted you seem to interpret their lack of overt presence is in some way a negative.

You guys live there so maybe you can explain what you mean by all this.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's bizarre. How many landowners have been arrested by the Border Patrol?

Travis

I don't know.

I'm relaying what I was told by a Deputy Sheriff of Brewster County, the S.O. dispatcher of Terrel County, and confirmed by a BP Agent.

Large ranch owners in the area I frequent are mostly of the absentee variety. They will be the ones raising Hell with the government and being interviewed on TV.

The managers who actually live on the ranches sympathize with the true wets, and fear retaliation by the criminal wets, so they pretty much let the BP take care of both kinds.

If a group of true wets steals something [as they did in our camp] everyone's attitude changes, including the local BP. They, the Sheriff's Office, and the ranchers coordinate and the thieves are usually caught.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Citizens are being penalized for protecting their property? Like they get arrested for running off illegals?"

That's not what I said. You are not allowed to DETAIN them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the way you think

You better watch. Thinking like me could be dangerous. grin

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I don't know.

I'm relaying what I was told by a Deputy Sheriff of Brewster County, the S.O. dispatcher of Terrel County, and confirmed by a BP Agent.

Large ranch owners in the area I frequent are mostly of the absentee variety. They will be the ones raising Hell with the government and being interviewed on TV.

The managers who actually live on the ranches sympathize with the true wets, and fear retaliation by the criminal wets, so they pretty much let the BP take care of both kinds.

If a group of true wets steals something [as they did in our camp] everyone's attitude changes, including the local BP. They, the Sheriff's Office, and the ranchers coordinate and the thieves are usually caught.

I wonder where that BP Agent works.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One in Sanderson Tx confirmed it - actually two since there were two of them present - and one who is a forum member who has spent a lot of time in S.E. N.M. and the Trans- Pecos.

Does your local BP take a different view?

I'd be interested in any "official" information from the BP if it is different than than what I've been told.

IIRC, you are in L.E............ What are you supposed to do if you get a call from a citizen who is detaining a wetback?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Detain" a wet around here and you WILL Be charged with unlawful confinement (at best).

When alla' the criminal charges are lined out and in progress, you'll THAN be hearing from the scum sucking lawyers that go after guys like Barnett and Corbett, bankrolled by La Raza, and any other # of deep Anti-American pockets.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
One in Sanderson Tx confirmed it - actually two since there were two of them present - and one who is a forum member who has spent a lot of time in S.E. N.M. and the Trans- Pecos.

Does your local BP take a different view?

I'd be interested in any "official" information from the BP if it is different than than what I've been told.

IIRC, you are in L.E............ What are you supposed to do if you get a call from a citizen who is detaining a wetback?

I have no idea.

But I'd be interested in hearing from the agents that arrest citizens for detaining illegal aliens.

Thanks for the info.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

But I'd be interested in hearing from the agents that arrest citizens for detaining illegal aliens.

Thanks for the info.

Travis

In New Mexico, you can be charged with kidnapping if you "detain" an illegal immigrant against their will. It's a violation of both state and federal law. In our county, you are unlikely to be charged if no one is injured, unless the individual or individuals that you detain choose to file a complaint.

The Border Patrol may or may not report an illegal detention to the Sheriff's Department, but it may be mentioned in the arrest report. If that happens, you run the risk that someone in BP or the Federal Attorney's office will want to make an example out of you. That, as Crossfire noted, will almost certainly lead to a civil suit, as well.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 22magnut, 10ring1, 38 invisible), 1,335 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,849
Posts18,517,549
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.