-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A few years ago we had a police drug raid go bad. The guy's live-in girl friend had called the cops and let them in the door. The guy came out of the bedroom with a 44 mag and was throwing lead. He killed 2 cops before they killed him. The 1st cop in was carrying a 9mm carbine of some kind. He took a 44 slug to the chest but before he died he put 22! 9mm slugs in the guy. There was no report of where the guy was hit but with 22 in him, the weight alone should have put him down. While you might fault the 9mm rounds, remember that the cop shot all of those AFTER he took a fatal 44 mag slug in the chest.

Oh - there were no drugs. It appeared that the girl friend was out to 'fix' her lover boy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know what type of training these guy had, but i just don't see how they missed the guy standing on the porch and then him getting in the car and taking a while before he even shuts the door and then just a few seconds later this cop walks right by it , had to see him get in if they were awake while watching the house. Looks like they set themselves up to get shot . America and Law Enforcement needs to forget this war on Pot , it just isn't worth it and they aren't going to win it. One third of the prison population is for Pot Procession and the tax payer paying for their upkeep , Maybe Denver got it right after all . People are going to smoke it and nothing you can do about it. Legalize it and control it just like Alcohol, the police are safer and the Government won't lose their Taxes they love so much. Another good example you don't take a handgun to a gun fight if a shotgun or rifle is available , even after mutable hits the guy was still rolling around with lots of body movement and could possibly grabbed the gun and got off a couple of more shots.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Armednfree
After 20 years in corrections I know how a criminals mind works. It is not really any different than anyone else. It's that his values are different, his view of the world is different. How he thinks and what drives him is the same as anyone else. He lives in a different world in a lot of ways.

I have very limited experience in the corrections field but do know that most people would schit and pizz themselves when thrown into a prison environment.

I used to go to the prisons and jails to repair equipment and usually had two or three guards on me and another one at the truck (if the truck was allowed in) and I still didn't like it. It was just a place I didn't belong in.

One thing you do learn in these places is what animals people can be.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bea175
America and Law Enforcement needs to forget this war on Pot , it just isn't worth it and they aren't going to win it. One third of the prison population is for Pot Procession and the tax payer paying for their upkeep , Maybe Denver got it right after all . People are going to smoke it and nothing you can do about it. Legalize it and control it just like Alcohol, the police are safer and the Government won't lose their Taxes they love so much.
The drug war was never about winning it. It was, from the start, about chipping away at the Bill of Rights while growing the police state. They needed a police state in place in order to take the US down (while deterring resistance from the populous at large) so as to merge her into a one-world despotic superstate.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If people want to pollute their body with drugs , then let them have at it . I personally don't care . Put a kid in jail for a bag of pot, there is just something wrong with this .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bea175
If people want to pollute their body with drugs , then let them have at it . I personally don't care . Put a kid in jail for a bag of pot, there is just something wrong with this .
Absolutely.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Esox357
Cops are the only ones that can have 10 rounds not the average joe! I can hear the whiny liberals saying that. yes the shootout was a cluster the fault lied on FBI which could have help minimize the incident.

That depends on where you live. In Ohio we do have a limit.

"The controlling law on magazine capacity, Ohio Revised Code �2923.11(E), Weapons control definitions provides:
"'Automatic firearm' means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. 'Automatic firearm' also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges." Id.

So in ohio when you plug in a magazine of over 30 rounds you are in possession of an "Automatic Firearm"

question, how can a state change the definition of "auto" and "semi auto" legally?, or is it just your states rules for
law enforcement?

=========================================================
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
well it for dam sure that the Media doesn't know the difference

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What I can say for CHL folks, they WANT to have a gun to protect themselves with.

For that reason, at least around here, and I"m rural and not talking most city folks, most CHL folks shoot fairly dang good actually. Better than most might think.

Cops OTOH, most are not gun folks, they simply chose a career and a gun has to go along with that, so they qualify when they have to, and not much more than that. At least a lot of them do.

If anything I"d think the abiliyt of the average cop and the average CHL to be very much the same.

I do konw that for the local LEOs here used to qualify on my range, I'd shoot with them at times for grins, since my private range was the only one around at the time..... and for that, lets just say I didn't have to shoot very well to be able to outshoot about 99% of them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lol. Why not carry an AR?

You know your going into the [bleep] storm...
Pistol=Good
Rifle= Great.

If I could conceal carry an AR I would every day. smile

But if I was a cop walking into the schit storm I'd be carrying multiple 30 round AR mags and a plat form to slap em into.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rost495
What I can say for CHL folks, they WANT to have a gun to protect themselves with.

For that reason, at least around here, and I"m rural and not talking most city folks, most CHL folks shoot fairly dang good actually. Better than most might think.

Cops OTOH, most are not gun folks, they simply chose a career and a gun has to go along with that, so they qualify when they have to, and not much more than that. At least a lot of them do.

If anything I"d think the abiliyt of the average cop and the average CHL to be very much the same.

I do konw that for the local LEOs here used to qualify on my range, I'd shoot with them at times for grins, since my private range was the only one around at the time..... and for that, lets just say I didn't have to shoot very well to be able to outshoot about 99% of them.
I had the same experience when I lived on Long Island. Lots of the NYC cops lived out on the Island and commuted to work, so using the Long Island private ranges was their best bet to prepare for yearly "qualies." I was typically pretty appalled at their shooting skills, and lack of interest in, or knowledge about, firearms in general. I outshot the typical cop I came across in this way pretty regularly, and usually by quite a lot. I could even take their handgun and outscore them, never having shot it before, which typically impressed the hell out of them.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer
Originally Posted by Esox357
Cops are the only ones that can have 10 rounds not the average joe! I can hear the whiny liberals saying that. yes the shootout was a cluster the fault lied on FBI which could have help minimize the incident.

That depends on where you live. In Ohio we do have a limit.

"The controlling law on magazine capacity, Ohio Revised Code �2923.11(E), Weapons control definitions provides:
"'Automatic firearm' means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. 'Automatic firearm' also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges." Id.

So in ohio when you plug in a magazine of over 30 rounds you are in possession of an "Automatic Firearm"

question, how can a state change the definition of "auto" and "semi auto" legally?, or is it just your states rules for
law enforcement?

Enforced under state law. You would not get charged federally, but by the state. I've never seen it enforced.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
To pass judgement with the luxury of a hindsight stance may be not only improper but unfair as well. The camera may not show all contributory factors regarding the incident.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Coach_W
Lol. Why not carry an AR?

You know your going into the [bleep] storm...
Pistol=Good
Rifle= Great.

If I could conceal carry an AR I would every day. smile

But if I was a cop walking into the schit storm I'd be carrying multiple 30 round AR mags and a plat form to slap em into.

I would rather have a Good Old 94 Win in 30-30 if i was going to a gun fight than any pistol

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A friend of mine, one of the finest pistol marksman I've ever known (we were on our Army units pistol and rifle competition teams), was a DC Metro cop - lotsa action every week.

He was in 2 shootout's that I know of and he told me once the adrenaline is flowing and someone is shooting *at you* all bets are off - target line marksmanship (without or without a timer) is right out the window.

This video simply highlights how things really are in a firefight - regardless of how skilled a marksman someone is. I'm thankful my time as a LEO didn't involve a shoot-out - as the video illustrated, you never know where/when a life-threatening threat can appear.

I hope the LEO who was hit 3x is OK (I've not checked up recently).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just why would someone need more than ten rounds? These trained police officers engaged a single shooter and fired 22 rounds by my count, and that's just what I can see. Had that been a citizen and he gotten any kind of drop on then, having only ten rounds, he would be dead.

You cannot have too much ammo when you are defending yourself

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/09/3389013/video-depicts-wild-shootout-that.html

Really seems like an overactive imagination with that statement.

"Trained" is a very subjective term.

Seems like some gross tomfoolery is afoot in this situation. I watched the video several times, and have yet to make sense of it. I especially cannot see any correlation between your commentary and the footage. crazy

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
its a beautiful thing here in NY,now we can only carry 7 rounds in any magazine,thank you Mr.Cuomo

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
For every round that misses it's target, there is the high probability that an unintended target has received that miss. Such as an innocent human, pet, house, car, etc... Spray and pray is no excuse for good marksmanship. That being said, why would anyone need anymore than 6 rounds from a reliable and accurate revolver?

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgement.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AHF, I can tell by your question that you have never been in a gunfight. You don't have much time to pick and choose unless you are just about of range to begin with. Watching movies is different.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Bigbuck, watch what you say. I am a 32 year LE veteran pushing retirement. I have more experience with armed encounters than those on this site that think they know something about law enforcement. Again, high-capacity leads an otherwise established marksman into spray and pray mode. It's a mental thing.

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgement.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,439 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,513
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.