Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Wyoming

Pros: low population density, lots of empty space, low taxes

Cons: extremely cold, too windy, too flat, wildfires, short growing season, not enough rain, Yellowstone super volcano

Overall Rating: B-

Is there one of those cons that makes you suspect the guys's never been to Wyoming?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A little too close to Yellow Stones Super Volcano for my taste.

"You've got to be slow in a hurry." Wyatt Earp
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Live is playing the odds. The odds of Yellowstone lighting up is infinitesimally small compared to the odds of any particular place being hit by a tornado, hurricane, earthquake, liberalism, etc. Mt Ranier, overlooking Seattle, is FAR more likely to blow in our lifetime than Yellowstone.

BTW - while Idaho has had a few tornadoes, they're all very small and do very little damage. I've lived here 64 years and have never heard of one doing anything worse than taking the roof off of a cow shed. Hurricanes? We have a serious lack of oceans for one to form. Earthquakes? No place on earth is immune. Liberals? Idaho has the highest percentage of red voters in the nation. In the last 2 elections, we've only had one county go blue and that was Blaine County, the home of the Hollywood playground Sun Valley.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I suppose all the Idahoans will be looking forward to an influx of schmucks from Colorado and California to remake the state into the [bleep] they just left?

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by snubbie
Originally Posted by eh76
Wyoming

Cons: Yellowstone super volcano

I don't suppose the fact that Idaho is right next door to this super volcano entered his mind.

My thought as well. He lists the volcano for Montana but not Idaho? Even if it does go, I'll be dead. Oh well.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
...at least according to this guy. Read his comments on the various states. Some are pretty funny...but very accurate. He's not exactly a fan of the liberals.

A STATE TO HIDE IN

Once we all get there it won't be...

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lol, he listed Missoula as a "pro" for Montana.. I'd pick Great Falls or Lewistown before Missoula any day.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I've got a close friend who moved to north western Idaho a few years ago. He says that if the SHTF I've got a place to retreat to, i.e., with him, his wife, and kids. They've got a very nice place on a few acres up in the mountains. He bought it at the rock bottom of the housing crash, so it's a million plus dollar brand new construction with all the amenities that he practically stole. Only problem would be getting there after the SHTF.

BS!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, Amos63, akrange, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,935
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.