Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
She should have just had them arrested for trespassing.
Looks like a county easement to me. And probably maintained by the County.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
that was really funny....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Youre right... To an extent. It is private property open tonthe public. However once you are asked to leave it becomes trespassing. And if the property owner has rules in its SOP. then you are obligated, even as an invitee to follow them. Once they wete told to stop taking pictures as it was against mall property rules they ahould have complied, she shouldn't have lost her cool, but her appearence alone suggests she has very little professionalism about her. Its the same as if you owned a hun store and didnt want people to smoke inside. You have the right to ask them to leave. If they dont it becomes
trespassing. While they are there to support your business. They are still guests.

Typically we send a summons for the summary trespass. The mall does a written trespass notice that could be for thirty days or how ever long they choose, if they writtwn person comes back on to the property within the expulsion time frame they are then charged with criminal trespass which is a misdemeanor.

Also. She wasnt a cop. Just a private security guard. The mall here loves us until we start enforcing traffic laws in their parking lot. Then we are "abusing their customers"

Last edited by gitem_12; 05/18/13.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Youre right... To an extent. It is private property open tonthe public. However once you are asked to leave it becomes trespassing. And if the property owner has rules in its SOP. then you are obligated, even as an invitee to follow them. Once they wete told to stop taking pictures as it was against mall property rules they ahould have complied
What I'm suggesting is that it my exceed the owner's property rights, when said property is open to the general public, to institute and enforce such a policy. The property owner's only recourse, if such is the case, would be to close the property to the general public, and make the privilege of entry by direct invitation only, which would likely be to the great displeasure of the businesses renting space therein, and might even violate their lease agreements.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I doubt it. Most of these malls policies are drawn up by lawyers and insurance companies

And i know our mall has its rules posted at entrances. There may be differences if the mallnis leased by the the mall operator. The one here is owned and operated by a realty company. And its managent is all in house. Its director of security is a retired Lt. With the State Police and the Mall manager is a retired district judge. For the mostbpart their security officers are very professional. Most of them are college criminal justice students or academy grads. Looking for work while putting themselves through the pokice academy. Some of them are retired cops not many undesireables last long there. They go through monthky training updates and full staff meetings. Some of the guards even voulunteer to be "bad guys" when we do active shooter training scenarios in the mall.

You would be surprised at how many rights business owners have

But i know that wont sink in because it soesnt support your agenda that everyone in a uniform is out to get you.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The security guard was an arrogant witch who got what she deserved. I only wish she had been punched harder!

Cat, the other white meat!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
TRH read loyb corp. v Tanner.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Buckskin
The security guard was an arrogant witch who got what she deserved. I only wish she had been punched harder!

grin

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm guessing she isn't the mall ninja.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Buckskin

I believe I noticed her I noticed blood on top of her head in the second video towards the end. She got her an old fashion butt whooping....

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody know what 'crime' set her off in the 1st place?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
yeah, she asked folks to stop taking pictures of a wreck, from Mall property. They laughed at her.

Sam......

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wverything she did was wrong, her mannerisms, her appearance, her professionalism. I wont disagree at all. But she was within her right to ask them to stop taking pictures. After the firstbtime they disagreed ahe should have just called the cops and had them arrested

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Holy schit! She is beyond fired. I'm a security project manager and this gave me the freakin creeps. Lawsuits and loss of the account in 1,2,.... She should have asked them to stop filming or leave. When they didn't, call her supervisor and ask for a cop to issue criminal trespass warnings. Her supervisor or the responding cops could have then figured out if they're on mall property or an easement. No way in hell does a uniformed patrol security guard get to make that call much less go hands on when she gets laughed at for being a parody.

The cops (in TX anyway) wouldn't have arrested anybody even if they were determined to be on the mall property. They ask them to leave and or issue a CTW, If they don't leave when the cops say so, then they can be arrested. At no point would the cops delete any video either.

I shudder to think of all the fallout coming from that scene. It's beyond stupid and on video for everyone to see. Glad I don't have any malls in my portfolio.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This made me chuckle a bit, thanks for the laughs.... smile

Doveryai no Proveryai

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (10gaugemag, AdventureBound, 300_savage, AB2506, 406_SBC, 13 invisible), 4,161 guests, and 747 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,808
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.