Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Yes you guys were correct! my mistake. The flights going from Boston to AK that I thought were direct actually stop in Seatle with the passengers staying on the same plane. The way the itineraries were showing up on kayak and other sights did not list the seatle stop unitl I clicked into the complete flight details.

Sorry about that.

Now I'm thinking about forking over the extra money to fly first class with AKAir so I don't have to bring a shoehorn to pry myself out of the coach seats haha

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

I have never seen a direct flight on Alaska Airlines to the east coast or vice versa.

I have seen them and been on them, but it's been a while.

Almost can't get out of AK without a Starbucks stop in SeaTac. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
In my opinion 3584ELK, you're being too kind in your comments about United. I'd grow feathers, chit from a limb, and fly myself before I'd ever book with them again. No problems ever with AA.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Told you guys i'd give a report when I got back:

We flew United from syracuse to Newark then to Seattle to Anchorage.

last thursday got delayed right off the bat leaving syracuse. first time they delayed they said due to too much air traffic going into newark, THEN the thunder storms started going through the area so we started about 8hours late and obviously missed all of our flights.

In syracuse the people for United said that once we got to Newark make sure we had specific seats reserved and then get a hotel voucher.

Hit Newark wait in a line for 1.5hours to get to the customer service to be told "you are on the plane but no guaranteed seats since you didn't pay for that specific flight and we can't give you a voucher it was weather not our problem"

all hotels filled so we slept in the airport.

hit anchorage 15hours after we were originally supposed to and find out that only 6 of our 7 bags made it.

told it is in Newark would be there later that night or the next morning.....

return flights went well, that bag is still missing and now we are being told to find the receipts for all of the items in the bag....can you imagine if it was a bag filled with clothes????

as it is we are supposed to contact the retailers and get them to backdate a receipt for the items: 2 sleeping bags & 3 pairs of boots

the planes wern't bad on United or at least not for me being young and average build but the service was terrible so next time we will pay a bit more and fly with someone else

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
TimB
Wow that sounds like a massive pita! Hopefully you had a good time in Ak and it made up for the bad travel experience.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
had a great time, saw a LOT of wildlife, great scenery, saw the bits & pieces of the 2 guns being built for me, ate some fresh halibut (smart enough to fed-ex home what I caught so I didn't have fish sitting in an airport or lost!)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Aaaah yes...United. At least there are some constants in this world.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,042
Posts18,500,794
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.