-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My first carry gun was a Colt 4 inch Python and i love it but switched to the Colt Gold Cup and have stuck with Semi=Auto's ever since .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love me a double action.

Shields come and go around here pretty quick. But I see them.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by bea175
I have owned a bunch of Smiths that had good double action trigger pulls especially Model 29's but I still always used them single action 99% of the time. Lots of people complain about the Glock Trigger but i actually like it and believe it and the M&P have the best triggers you can get on a fighting pistol .
I like the M&P trigger, too, but given proper training and equal trigger time, a fine double action trigger like found on either a K-Frame S&W or a 41-Frame Colt is every bit as workable for fast shooting.

When I first got my concealed carry license, back in 1980, I went right out and found an instructor. He was a retired deputy sheriff/NRA instructor in defensive handgunning. I believe the whole course of instruction was about twenty hours, charging me $20.00 a lesson. From beginning to end, it was about double action Smith & Wesson revolver shooting, and he supplied the handguns.

From that point onward, to me, a defensive handgun was a Smith & Wesson double action revolver, and that's about all I shot (and almost exclusively in double action mode) for years thereafter.

Once you learn them like that, it's like riding a bike, too. You can lay off it for years and pick it right up again. Just something very right feeling about a good double action revolver for fast shooting, once you've thoroughly familiarized yourself with it.
Best double action trigger I've ever experienced was on a model 29 that was stock save for being dry-fired over and over and over. It was incredibly light and smooth. It must have just come from the factory light. The guy who I bought it from was a gunstore employee who just sat around dry-firing it. I haven't had enough experience with "striker type" dao's to comment, but my best conventional autopistol was an FIE (Tangfoglio) TZ-75 (CZ-75 clone). It had a light and smooth DA pull. It's DA pull-length was as short as Alan Ladd without elevators too.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I just checked in with the gun shop down the street and they have three on display, about the same number as the Gainesville shop had. Looks like S&W is getting them out there now. I'm a bit torn about whether to pick one up, though.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
the problem with a very good double action trigger is what if you haven't shot the gun in 2 months?? for instance I have a CZ 75 that I shoot about the best of any handgun. it has a 3# trigger and is very accurate. BUT if I haven't shot the gun in 2 months it takes me at least a magazine worth of ammo to really start to wring out the accuracy from it. to me the secret of glocks and the shields trigger pull is very similar is I can pull the gun out of my pocket after not shooting it for months and hit with the very FIRST rounds out of the gun. that 2 stage trigger really gets me on target fast with no ajustment. to me that is the real test of a CCW pistol how are rounds 1 2 and 3 coming out of the gun after not shooting it for a long time. give me a kahr and say a glock 26 havne't shot either in a couple months. the glock is going to be hitting with 3-4 times more accuracy for me with the first 3 rounds out of the gun. and while I haven't shot a shield yet I suspect similar results.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
give me a kahr and say a glock 26 havne't shot either in a couple months. the glock is going to be hitting with 3-4 times more accuracy for me with the first 3 rounds out of the gun.
For me it would be exactly the opposite.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Smith is really missing the boat. I talked to them 6 months ago and they said they were upping the production lines. Still can't find one. On a list for over a year. Bought a kahr instead which I love. Would have owned a smith but they can't produce them like other Mfg's can for some reason. They lost my business over it. Since getting on the list I bought a few more guns as well. Springfield is meeting demand pretty well and I would say the xds is a hot seller just like the Sheild.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As long as S&W is putting out quality work and isn't suffering massive QC problems shoving rough handguns out the door in a greedy effort to grab all the market they can while things are hot I am more than willing to be patient. I see Shields around here and there now at my local gunshops so they are more available than they have been in my neck of the woods. My two Kahr's are just a bit finicky about what they like to feed, my two M&P's aren't fussy at all and would feed cigarette butts if I put them in the magazine. My wife prefers the trigger of the M&P over her Lady K9 Kahr. They all have a place and they all have their own fans that is why so many products manage to remain in the market place I guess.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've been on the list with a WHOLESALER not a LGS. I was told in Oct of last year I was about 60 deep on the list. I got called yesterday that mine is in. Could have obtained a .40 a few times in that span. But opted to wait for the .9

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Got the 9 last August, it is a keeper!
They don't last long around here but i've seen a number pass.
Now I'm debating xs big dot sights or crimson trace... or both grin

IC B3

A
A
Just buy a top quality 1911 and be done with it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Been to a local store the last couple of days and there is a Shield 9mm in there counter. $429 something like that. Pretty tempted.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am surprised it has lasted a couple days. They fly off shelves around here.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If it had been at Sportsmans I'd probably own it. I've got $450 worth of gift certificates for there.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alpinesheep
HIT THE BRICKS, LARRY!!!!

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
maybe this is exactly why S&W's stock price has been so low. they just can't get the guns out. the XDs which I think was released at a later date has been readily available, this is also a gun that has to be imported.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
maybe this is exactly why S&W's stock price has been so low. they just can't get the guns out. the XDs which I think was released at a later date has been readily available, this is also a gun that has to be imported.

Probably THE reason they can produce more

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bricktop

How do you find him so fast?

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by temmi
Originally Posted by Bricktop
How do you find him so fast?
FOsteology found him.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Boococky

Probably THE reason they can produce more
Exactly. No regulators breathing down their necks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (19rabbit52, 160user, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 3,274 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,310
Posts18,526,179
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.