-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A project has me in need of another cordless drill. Going to get a driver drill, and I think this will suit my needs. Hitachi have a good rep? These are $99 at loads right now, and I do not want to spend more than that. Comes with 2 ion batteries. Comments?

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/index/main-navigation/tools.aspx?d=2,307&p=684

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't speak to that particular model, just a previous Hitachi experience.

Saw contractors at work that used a lot of Hitachi drills. I trusted their expertise, and went and bought one. I couldn't keep the chuck tight when trying to drill a 3/16" hole through sheet metal, or to hold the bit when trying to drive a screw through it.

I went to my contractors at work the next week, told them their use of Hitachi cost me a trip to Lowes to exchange it for a DeWalt. They said I should have asked them before buying, the owner of their company got a good deal on the Hitachi and bought ten of them or so. They said they were all junk. A couple years later and I just looked in their job boxes. Every one of their drills and drivers are DeWalt.

Again, this was a few years ago, and a different model than you have pictured.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've not had good luck w/ hitachi cordless tools,but that one has decent reviews.
I have better luck w/ Milwaukee or dewalt.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
While maybe not for continous industrial/construction use, but a great addition for heavy use in those small tight places and the best little drill driver I've had is the little Dremel... the little thing has some torque and fits in the palm of your hand. I've set quite a few 3" deck screws with it without having to recharge, and even after 4 years of use it is still going strong.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have this set for compact work, It does pretty good.
Only complaint is short battery life, but they charge pretty fast and have a built in battery gauge.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dewalt, the hitachi didn't hod up...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does Hitachi make Rigid for Home Depot? I have one of their drills with the same problem - with small drill bits you have to use channel lock pliers to get it tight enough to hold.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The driver does not have a chuck that opens and closes on a driver bit. It snaps in and out. This is not a regular drill. Anyway, I picked it up and I am very impressed with it. You can run a 3" deck screw through a treated 4x4, and keep going below the surface of the wood until you run out of bit. Pretty amazing.

I also own a Rigid drill, and have zero problems with it.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Over seas shhit

mercy triumphs over judgement
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I have an older Panasonic cordless. Just rock solid....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
A project has me in need of another cordless drill. Going to get a driver drill, and I think this will suit my needs. Hitachi have a good rep? These are $99 at loads right now, and I do not want to spend more than that. Comes with 2 ion batteries. Comments?

I have one and I often have to switch the reverse switch back to forward to get it to run. My DeWalts (including the one the recent scum sucking thieves made off with) have been flawless.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 34 invisible), 1,753 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,614
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.