-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
cause if the Bible is the absolute literal word of god than the young earth creationists are right and if they are right our understanding of most any science is complete and total horse chit and voodoo.....if the creation story is exactly as written and not open for interpretation all sciences start falling apart at some point......

if the earth is only thousands instead of billions of years old its not the smartest thing in the world to let a doc preform chemotherapy on you or those you love cause it means we have no real understanding on how to measure radioactive decay which is a huge part of that area of medicine....

It seems you don't understand Infinite. God created and set up laws of nature. Why do you think long ages are required for the laws called into existence to be old?

Based on radio active decay the eruption of Mt. St. Hellens was eons ago. But the scientific observation tells us differently. Maybe you can tell us why ALL diamonds, fossils and oil all have carbon 14 in them. Could it possibly be because God's Word is correct and you have not yet come to understand yet?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I say several billions of years old planet we NOW stand upon is not so difficult to imagine, or believe, at all.
And I also say if it was important, to Him or us, He would have went into some det

What good is a totally dark earth for several billion years? All water and many other liquids would be solid in a couple days. Why don't accept God at His Word?

"What difference does it make NOW!!!?"

One is accepting God at His Word the other is not.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Reading Genesis literally does not require one to assume the six days of creation were consecutive.

Of course it does. It doesn't say God labored for a day, then rested, then labored for another day, then rested.....and then on the 1,460,000,007th day he rested.

Trained scientist have a term for what you are doing, it's called "curve fitting". Curve fitting is when you start with your answer (The Creation story of Genesis is true), collect you data, and then fit the story and the data to support you pre arrived at answer. This for of reasoning is not accepted outside of the left wing liberal sciences such as Psychology or Climate Change research....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
to Razorback....personally i never understood the whole macro versus micro evolution argument cause all macro is, is a whole lot of micro.....whole lot of small changes add up to a big change....

You mean the micro changes that make a wolf into a great dane will eventually make a wold into a tiger or something the world has not seen yet? Why do you think punctuated equilibrium is so popular among some evolutionists? Lt me help you. Because the so called macro changes are not seen in the fossil record nor in living animals.

Go to God's Word and you won't have to constantly make up foolish arguments.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MColeman
Does all our futile speculation alter any of this? We must deal with God's judgment if the final analysis and He offers us a free gift of Redemption if we will only accept it.

Coleman, there will be no Judgement if God does not exist, and no "free" afterlife.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We shouldn't let those human assumptions drive people away.

You are assuming God didn't mean for His Word to be taken literally. What do you use to support this assumption?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

And if you think it IS important, please explain how or why.

Not to sound like Hillary but

laugh

It makes all the difference.
If Genesis is wrong, then the Bible is not the "unerring word of God". That raised the question...then what is it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spud,

God defines the day and night with evening and morning on the first day. On forth day God created the sun, moon, and stars for signs and seasons and days and years. A straight forward reading is easy to understand. All the speculations add nothing but confusion.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Spud
"... evening and the morning, 1 million years.(1st day)
"... evening and the morning, 24 million years.(2nd day)
"... evening and the morning, 142 million years.(3rd day)
"... evening and the morning, another 142 million years. (4th day)
"... evening and the morning, 37 million years. (5th day)
"... evening and.....oops, it actually says evening and morning, the first DAY thru 6th DAY, which seems to indicate 24 hr. periods of time. Seems pretty clear. But then I'm a true believer. Fact is He coulda done it in six nanoseconds, but chose to do it differently, His way. He doesn't very often feel it necessary to consult us.

Yes He coulda done it in millions of years, but scripture says He didn't.

Yep 1 day = 124 million years doesn't pass second grade math or 4 grade language arts. If he can't get something this simple correct it doesn't make for a very "perfect God".

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by snubbie
Originally Posted by BrentD
I highly recommend that you buy an elementary biology text or an introductory book on evolutionary biology. Nothing you have stated is remotely close to reality.

Writing it in a textbook makes it real? crazy

Modern Scientist vs. Bronze age goat herders.....I'll go with the Scientist.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
snubbie,

Could He do that and make it appear old.

The concept of age requires an interpretation of the facts. Adam and Eve were created mature. All the plants were created mature so they could start eating. The entire universe was created mature. The appearance of age is in the mind of the observer.

Everyday Hunter
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by snubbie
Originally Posted by BrentD
I highly recommend that you buy an elementary biology text or an introductory book on evolutionary biology. Nothing you have stated is remotely close to reality.

Writing it in a textbook makes it real? crazy

Makes me wonder why the racist, genocidal, sexist, bi-polar God just chose to speak to a series of illiterate "goat herders" over a narrow amount of time to spread his good word. You would think that he now has the opportunity to put down a bitching edit of Creation in Wikipedia.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is the meaning of it all? We may hypothesize that God intended to use our lives as a means of investigating what a future creation should contain, one of immortal forms and individual personalities in addition to His own.

This more or less summarizes your post. It suggests God is not Infinite Intelligent Energy.

He allowed us to struggle, to make errors and to learn that His way brings us happiness and fulfillment, so He gave us forgiveness and redemption for our atonement.

How does one obtain this redemption? Through Jesus of Nazareth?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Suggesting that for us to respect Scripture necessitates a 6x24 understanding of Gen 1 is like saying that we have to read the sections of the newspaper exactly the same; I don't read the news in the same way I do the editorial or comics. Does that mean I don't respect the newspaper?

Here is a problem. The new paper is not God's Word and does not claim to be the Truth.

How do you handle "All Scripture is inspired by God and good for correction, reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness..."?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,''

Originally Posted By: Ramblin_Razorback
Reading Genesis literally does not require one to assume the six days of creation were consecutive.

Of course it does. It doesn't say God labored for a day, then rested, then labored for another day, then rested.....and then on the 1,460,000,007th day he rested.

Trained scientist have a term for what you are doing, it's called "curve fitting". Curve fitting is when you start with your answer (The Creation story of Genesis is true), collect you data, and then fit the story and the data to support you pre arrived at answer. This for of reasoning is not accepted outside of the left wing liberal sciences such as Psychology or

Great answer!

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Originally Posted By: Archerhunter

And if you think it IS important, please explain how or why.

Not to sound like Hillary but

It makes all the difference.
If Genesis is wrong, then the Bible is not the "unerring word of God". That raised the question...then what is it?

Another good post.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted By: Spud
"... evening and the morning, 1 million years.(1st day)
"... evening and the morning, 24 million years.(2nd day)
"... evening and the morning, 142 million years.(3rd day)
"... evening and the morning, another 142 million years. (4th day)
"... evening and the morning, 37 million years. (5th day)
"... evening and.....oops, it actually says evening and morning, the first DAY thru 6th DAY, which seems to indicate 24 hr. periods of time. Seems pretty clear. But then I'm a true believer. Fact is He coulda done it in six nanoseconds, but chose to do it differently, His way. He doesn't very often feel it necessary to consult us.

Yes He coulda done it in millions of years, but scripture says He didn't.

Yep 1 day = 124 million years doesn't pass second grade math or 4 grade language arts. If he can't get something this simple correct it doesn't make for a very "perfect God".

You're on a roll.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Science text books have not changed in the last fifty years, correct?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It all makes more sense that space aliens visited earth about two to four thousand years ago.

Art and pictures in caves and culture that depict the same "gods" and decriptions of "chariots of fire", "birds of fire", loud thunder and light comeing down from the heavens. gods that gave them knowledge, tools, and ideas. This from people that had not seen, talked to, or even had the slightest idea that the other existed two thousand miles away.

Six days, six thousand years, creationism, evolution, they are all the same thing. Some are just too caught up in the details to see the big picture

Sean
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm thinking the big G is thinking you guys got it all wrong.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 31 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,453
Posts18,529,022
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.