-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
God gave me a young lady that for more than fifty years was a great example of a nearly perfect wife. It would have been almost impossible to find fault in her and then He gave this verse as a short description of her.

I miss my Hilda sorely and long to be with her and my savior.

[ The Virtuous Wife ] Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her: Proverbs 31:10, 27-28 NKJV

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Amen, Brother Ivan. A prudent wife is from the Lord, and whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour of the Lord.

Glad you had a good one. Got me one too. Thank you, Lord.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That verse would sure apply to my 1st wife. I lost her in '06 to cancer after 33 years.
I can sure praise God, though, as he introduced me to another great gal who I married 4 years ago. I would NEVER say she's a replacement, not in any sense of word. She's another step in my walk in life, not a replacement for anyone. More and more I can see that she will also fit this verse.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I can truthfully say that my wife saved my life. When we met, I was an undisciplined loudmouthed trouble maker. I could not understand why she even had any desire at all to be around me, let alone become my wife. She was a quiet, very tame girl and did not like the idea of me boozing but would even drive me home from a country dance where a couple other guys and myself provided what we called music. But my life began to change and I got used to waking up without a hangover or busted lip and kinda enjoyed it.

She attended the Catholic church up until the time we started keeping steady company and I voiced my opinion of the Catholic belief and she quit. Evidently that made a big difference as the door was then open for Jesus to move in. She was saved about six months before me and then we really were on the right track. I doubt that I would have ever been interested in Christianity without her influence. That's the human way of thinking but I know now that God would have brought me into the fold even without her but she was the vessel He chose.

He allowed me a little over fifty joyous years with her and some day we will be re-united forever and there in His presence. God is great!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I, too, have been blessed with a woman who fills that description.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got one of those as well.

On a side note, our church has a retreat every year based on that verse. A few of the adult women take a large group of teen girls and teach them how to live a biblical life. It is called "Far above Rubies", and my bride mentors there.

Last edited by 68injunhed; 05/28/13.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have one, too. She is the most Christ-like person I've ever met. Don't know why she puts up with my ways. She can take my measly pay, tithe from it and pay all the bills. Yet save some. We have never been in need because of her. She encouraged my involvement in ministry, where I have served ever since meeting her.

Proverbs 31:10-31
The Wife of Noble Character

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 �Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.�
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.