Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yesterday we were bbqing and decided to shoot some tannerite. I had a 2.5lb container in my pickup so I mixed it up and set it out on a fence post about 100 yards away. All I have to say is, it's a good thing I have to tear this fence out anyways and build a new one on the real property line. It messed up the fence post. It also rattled the windows in my grandparents house.
[Linked Image]. There were chunks of post in a 40 yard radius around the post.

This afternoon we mixed up 5lbs and put it way out in the field for fear we would knock windows out if we put it where I put the one yesterday. So I hung it on a tree branch of an old dead aspen way out in the pasture about 200 yards away. The shockwave was impressive to feel!

I couldn't believe it didn't blow the tree down. It stripped most of the branches off and put a big dent in the tree and knocked chunks out of the backside. Also messed up the grass all around and blew the bark off dead trees about 10 yards away!

It was hanging on the broke off branch right above the dent
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Dent from the side
[Linked Image]

Knocked all the bark off the free
[Linked Image]
Grass laid down
[Linked Image]

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my wife insists we have the stuff on hand, she loves shooting them grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fun Stuff!

Try putting 1 pound inside a 55 gallon drum turned upside down, Sucker launches into orbit. Have fun.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Fun Stuff!

Try putting 1 pound inside a 55 gallon drum turned upside down, Sucker launches into orbit. Have fun.

I LOVE loud fast and dangerous, .....always have, as some here know / can verify.

This Tannerite crap ?

STUPID stuff , when slob shooters start setting it off in tree hugger's "Canyons" on a Sunday morning.

Believe me, you do not want to see the minutes of the meetings with USFS, and "Concerned Groups" from areas I can SEE from where I sit.

Great American freedom (responsibility in actions) or a powerful TOOL for the antis to freak (further) out about ?

Food for thought

gtc

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Fun Stuff!

I LOVE loud fast and dangerous, .....always have, as some here know / can verify.

This Tannerite crap ?

STUPID stuff , when slob shooters start setting it off in tree hugger's "Canyons" on a Sunday morning.

Believe me, you do not want to see the minutes of the meetings with USFS, and "Concerned Groups" from areas I can SEE from where I sit.

Great American freedom (responsibility in actions) or a powerful TOOL for the antis to freak (further) out about ?

Food for thought

gtc

no doubt, only shot the stuff on private land ive got permission on, mainly my uncles....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A couple years ago during Summer, some knucklehead that lives about 8 miles away (as the crow flies) had about 80 lbs of the stuff and decided he'd see how much of it he could blow up at once.

Not quite sure how he did it as I've never shot the stuff, or exactly how much of it he got lit, but the ensuing "boom" had 911 excited up in 2 counties.

People thought a plane had crashed and rescue teams were sent forth.

Never did read in the paper what happened to him, but I heard he was arrested and charged with everything you could possibly imagine.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Fun Stuff!

This Tannerite crap ?

Food for thought

gtc

Don't group me In with those SLOBS...this was private land of which my grandparents own. My grandpa was all for it and was standing out on the deck watching and had a huge grin on his face. I like to consider myself one of the GOOD guys and used to spend just as much or more time at the local public range picking up the trash and shotgun shells and crap the SLOBS left there. I now shoot on my own range that I built right out behind where the tannerite was placed. Just because I shot a jug of tannerite doesn't make me a SLOB.

I know there are idiots who blow up all kinds of things with this stuff and leave it laying there but I have no control over idiots. Tannerite is legal and as long as it, I'll use it safely and responsibly and have a heck of a good time doing it.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree, Like Rattler I only set it off on private lands where no one will complain.

After all I don't want to bother anyone, I just wanna have fun. grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To each his own, but I just can't get excited about the stuff.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heh...... I like hiding jars here and there behind targets when we do patrol rifle qualifications. laugh

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never said you were a "Slob",.....did I ?
....and commenting about the need to balance LOUD fun with prevailing local situations struck me as being timely.

that's all

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have a lot of trouble with idiots around here setting that stuff off. Getting tired of us Fire and Rescue getting called out on reports of explosions.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
In California you'd be charged with a felony, private property or not. Tannerite is considered an explosive. Stuff should be taken off the market nationwide.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Heh...... I like hiding jars here and there behind targets when we do patrol rifle qualifications. laugh

that's awesome laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WranglerJohn
In California you'd be charged with a felony, private property or not. Tannerite is considered an explosive. Stuff should be taken off the market nationwide.

black powder is an explosive aswell.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If 5#'s didn't drop the tree, guess you need to try 10# laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The California state motto is not "Eureka", it is simply "NO!". California is the last place I'd use as an example of what freedom loving citizens should enact as law.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

The California state motto is not "Eureka", it is simply "NO!". California is the last place I'd use as an example of what freedom loving citizens should enact as law.

As with so many things, the problems arise when some people are very interested in their rights and don't give a rat's ass about responsibility. (Meant to supplement your comment, not argue against it.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never said you were a "Slob",.....did I ?
....and commenting about the need to balance LOUD fun with prevailing local situations struck me as being timely.

that's all

GTC

Ah, the distinguished gentleman heard a dinger going off. He is the FKIA of (kitchen table) KT-IEDs

post some pics of your "special skills" if you would.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is a fine example

[Linked Image]

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (10Glocks, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 44 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.